Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 09:11 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,894,931 times

Advertisements

My beloved very devoutly Catholic grandmother passed away January 2012. A year before she died I got this very strong vibe to go back to church to complete my confirmation (I had made communion at 2nd grade but confirmation eluded me). I no doubt believe I did this to make her happy before she died. At her funeral her best friend told me my grandma was thrilled I went back to church and became involved. Not long after that I went to the class to become a religious education teacher and the following fall I became one.

Before I did that though I was in choir and Easter Vigil 2012 I got what I believe is a sign from her. She told me I was going to meet my future spouse that summer and that I wouldn't meet him online but from an unusual source. I met my boyfriend that summer and from an event I never thought I'd meet a single man. She's told me a few things that have come true. I have no doubt it's her spirit.

What do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2013, 09:29 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
I think it's possible.

And if you believe it, and it brings you comfort, that's all that matters.

Old 10-06-2013, 10:53 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,019,250 times
Did your deceased grandmother speak in an audible voice? Or just in your mind. Did you see an apparition of her? I've never experienced this sort of thing before, but I do believe the Holy Spirit speaks to me and teaches me things and a lot of people find that to be "questionable" or "weird", but it doesn't really matter -- it's between me and God. My point being, I don't really think anything in particular about your statement other than it sounds pretty neat.

Old 10-06-2013, 11:28 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,894,931 times
I didn't really see her but did hear her voice. That's why I believe it to be her. Of course I could be imagining it but I like to believe it was her. I definitely brings me comfort.

Old 10-07-2013, 12:52 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,924,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I didn't really see her but did hear her voice. That's why I believe it to be her. Of course I could be imagining it but I like to believe it was her. I definitely brings me comfort.
Check out something called "Direct Voice Communications". They're rare but much literature has been written on them. And don't fall for this malarkey spouted by Fundamentalists that they are demons (fallen angels) impersonating deceased people. Spirits of the deceased inhabit space all around us and frequently communicate with loved ones. They will readily acknowledge Jesus is the Son of God--something no so-called demon could do--and talk about a place they are in now that is so peaceful and beautiful and populated with departed spirits living in beautiful houses, cottages in small loving communities of people.

http://www.swedenborg.com/wp-content...terlifepdf.pdf

If she knows things about you no one else could possibly know it's likely her. Enjoy your time with her.

One of the most dedicated Christian women I know of, Marilyn J Agee, who wrote the bestseller, Exit 2007 lost her beloved husband Ed in December of 2011. She missed him every day so badly her heart ached for months. Knowing that her health was in jeopardy, she believes God sent him to her to comfort her. She awoke from an afternoon nap to find him standing at the foot of her bed. She relates this in her website:

Quote:
I am so lucky to have had Ed visit me on April 2nd, 2012. I not only got answers to my most pressing questions, but I got to see how he looks now. I recognized him instantly. He looked and spoke like himself. He was exactly as I remembered him at 33.

I am delighted to find out that we will be as we were at 33 [in heaven]. That was the best time for us both. I think he was allowed to visit me because I was worried about whether we could be together forever or not. Thank you Lord, we can. Ed had prayed for the Lord to give him a Christian wife. The Lord worked miracles to get us together. We were originally from different states. He did a marvelous job, and we belong together.
In response to a typical Fundy doubter trying to rain on her parade by casting doubts with the same hogwash they always pull about evil spirits she, A Fundamentalist herself replied:

Quote:
I know what I saw. I saw Ed, and he looked like he did when he was 33, not 87, his age when he died. He spoke with his normal voice. Whether it was actually him in his celestial body or a vision, I don't know. Whatever, he answered my questions then walked through the wall. When I asked Ed "Are there female angels in Heaven?" he said, "Yes." They are not believers from among mankind, they were created as angels. Since Ed was always trustworthy, I believe him. Since he had been in Heaven three months, ever since the morning of Dec 27, 2011, I figured that he should know.

Old 10-07-2013, 06:05 AM

3,859 posts, read 3,047,683 times
Quote:
My beloved very devoutly Catholic grandmother passed away January 2012. A year before she died I got this very strong vibe to go back to church to complete my confirmation (I had made communion at 2nd grade but confirmation eluded me). I no doubt believe I did this to make her happy before she died. At her funeral her best friend told me my grandma was thrilled I went back to church and became involved. Not long after that I went to the class to become a religious education teacher and the following fall I became one.

Before I did that though I was in choir and Easter Vigil 2012 I got what I believe is a sign from her. She told me I was going to meet my future spouse that summer and that I wouldn't meet him online but from an unusual source. I met my boyfriend that summer and from an event I never thought I'd meet a single man. She's told me a few things that have come true. I have no doubt it's her spirit.

What do you think?
1. I'm not a believer in this stuff.- spirits, ghosts, etc.
2. You can blame your parents for not having you confirmed when you were a child.
3. If your man is nice to you, then good.

Old 10-07-2013, 06:34 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,512,386 times
You are at peace and have met your husband. How and why that came about through your grandmother or perhaps an "angel unaware" is a blessing. No one should attempt to destroy that

Old 10-07-2013, 08:29 AM

1,196 posts, read 754,112 times
Quote:
?

Me being a Jws, I know MANY don't want to hear what I have to say. But I don't come with MY OWN beliefs, but that which is of Jehovah God ,(Exo. 6:3), also you asked. I understand what you're saying, from the time I was a teen i've SEEN and RESPODED back to someone that I heard from another bedroom calling me to , “COME HERE” ,they said it three times. The reason I said they, is because it was definitely more than one voice calling me. Also my sister and I seen a silhouette of a man standing before us.We screamed until he disappeared. When I became an adult, my sister who had learned the truth. Told me that our mother who I though had came back. Wasn't her but a demon, I didn't believe her, she WASN'T a Jws. Once I started seeking, and was SHOWN scriptures. I learned the truth, she was right, it WAS demons. I've never been one who DIDN'T want the truth regardless! Jehovah and Jesus WANTS us to know the truth, so that we WON'T be destroyed following or believing a lie, (1Tim. 2:3,4). and (Ezek.33:11).

First, satan can make people believe their ministers are sent by Jehovah God and Jesus. But he really sent them ,(2Cor. 11:13-15). because satan can even make things seem as it's of Jehovah and Jesus. Here's a few examples, when a psychic tells someone they never knew, “your dead brother once worn a red hat”, One automatically believe her. But she ONLY knows what satan put in her head, satan DOES see everything. So he KNEW about the guy when he was living. Christians say they believe in satan, yet they don't believe he has some powers God allowed him to have... for the moment! One is to pretend to be dead people, it helps to prove the false teaching of the dead STILL communicating with the living. But scriptures shows that NOT TRUTH. Because the SOUL ISN'T the ghost of the dead, it's a living being, (Levi.17:15 ,1Pet.3:20 ,Josh. 11:11 and Gen. 2:6,7 But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground. And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul).

The dead DOES NOT have knowledge of the living once they die ,(Psa. 146:4 His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish). And (Eccle. 9:5,6 For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing ,neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten. Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished ;neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun). Some would say yes!, the dead doesn't know because the BODY is dead, But not the mind. But since Jehovah God is way more intelligent than us. Wouldn't have let us know the mind STILL lives on? If the dead can STILL contact humans, then that would mean their “MEMORIES, LOVE and HATRED, did NOT “PERISH, Which would mean God lied to us. And ANYONE who knows “God” or Jehovah God. Would know he HATES lying, (Pro.6:16 “a lying tongue”).

Also satan lied on him, which is why so MANY refuse to believe in him. And the first couple disobeyed him ,(Gen.3:1-5). Another scripture/story shows Jehovah God servants of old ,KNEW the dead COULDN'T communicatewith the living is in the book of Samuel. (1Sam.28:3-19), long story, but I’ll make it short! Samuel, a true servant ofGod. at one time, so was Saul, knew it was against God to deal with spirit mediums ,psychics fortellers, etc. Samuel died, Saul ticked Jehovah God off, by doing something wrong. so God wouldn’t answer his prayers,when he needed help against a strong wicked army. He went to a medium, who brought up what looked like Samuel. Samuel knew psychics were lead by demons, and he knew demons can pretty much control. The demon KNEW dead doesn't come back. But because Saul became so desperate for help and God wasn't listening. He needed to turn to one who he should have known, even if the dead could come back. Samuel WOULDN'T have allowed a medium to bring him back.

Again satan can do pretty much anything, and knows many things. It's NOThard for him to pretend to be your love one speaking to you, then produce results. Satan KNOWS as many as he can get to believe what's NOT of God ,(2Cor. 4:4), those would be the ones he's taking down with him ,(Ephe. 6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles, (tricks) of the devil). Satan KNOWS,Jehovah God and Jesus has people who KNEWS satan's every trick,([/SIZE][SIZE=3]2Cor.2:11 Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices). So it'll be a little harder to for him to fool them. Everyone misses a love one, but why would God allow the dead to walk the earth, NOT really being able to hold and love the ones they left behind, the way they once did? That's NOT a God of love ,(1John4:8). But for ALL those who does HIS "WILL" as Jesus said ,(Matt.7:21), and truly try follows Jesus ,(John17:16 and Luke 9:23). may live to actually see hold and love their dead love ones again. Because he will bring them BACK to life ,(Dan.12:2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt). And John 5:28,29). peace

Last edited by jojo-50; 10-07-2013 at 08:39 AM..

Old 10-07-2013, 08:45 AM

668 posts, read 690,856 times
Yes the human mind can imagine things and convince itself they are real. This can be a good thing or a bad thing. If it takes your focus off of Christ then I would say it was bad. If not then as the old saying goes "no harm, no foul"

Old 10-07-2013, 11:49 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,195,902 times
I think communication with the dead is prohibited in the Bible.

Leviticus 19:31
“Do not turn to mediums or necromancers; do not seek them out, and so make yourselves unclean by them: I am the Lord your God.

1 John 4:1 ESV
Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity