Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 06:07 AM

112 posts, read 117,780 times

Advertisements

66 Thus saith the Lord, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?

2 For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the Lord: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word.

3 He that killeth an ox is as if he slew a man; he that sacrificeth a lamb, as if he cut off a dog's neck; he that offereth an oblation, as if he offered swine's blood; he that burneth incense, as if he blessed an idol. Yea, they have chosen their own ways, and their soul delighteth in their abominations.

4 I also will choose their delusions, and will bring their fears upon them; because when I called, none did answer; when I spake, they did not hear: but they did evil before mine eyes, and chose that in which I delighted not.

5 Hear the word of the Lord, ye that tremble at his word; Your brethren that hated you, that cast you out for my name's sake, said, Let the Lord be glorified: but he shall appear to your joy, and they shall be ashamed.

6 A voice of noise from the city, a voice from the temple, a voice of the Lord that rendereth recompence to his enemies.

7 Before she travailed, she brought forth; before her pain came, she was delivered of a man child.

8 Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.

9 Shall I bring to the birth, and not cause to bring forth? saith the Lord: shall I cause to bring forth, and shut the womb? saith thy God.

10 Rejoice ye with Jerusalem, and be glad with her, all ye that love her: rejoice for joy with her, all ye that mourn for her:

11 That ye may suck, and be satisfied with the breasts of her consolations; that ye may milk out, and be delighted with the abundance of her glory.

12 For thus saith the Lord, Behold, I will extend peace to her like a river, and the glory of the Gentiles like a flowing stream: then shall ye suck, ye shall be borne upon her sides, and be dandled upon her knees.

13 As one whom his mother comforteth, so will I comfort you; and ye shall be comforted in Jerusalem.

14 And when ye see this, your heart shall rejoice, and your bones shall flourish like an herb: and the hand of the Lord shall be known toward his servants, and his indignation toward his enemies.

15 For, behold, the Lord will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.

16 For by fire and by his sword will the Lord plead with all flesh: and the slain of the Lord shall be many.

17 They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree in the midst, eating swine's flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be consumed together, saith the Lord.

18 For I know their works and their thoughts: it shall come, that I will gather all nations and tongues; and they shall come, and see my glory.

19 And I will set a sign among them, and I will send those that escape of them unto the nations, to Tarshish, Pul, and Lud, that draw the bow, to Tubal, and Javan, to the isles afar off, that have not heard my fame, neither have seen my glory; and they shall declare my glory among the Gentiles.

20 And they shall bring all your brethren for an offering unto the Lord out of all nations upon horses, and in chariots, and in litters, and upon mules, and upon swift beasts, to my holy mountain Jerusalem, saith the Lord, as the children of Israel bring an offering in a clean vessel into the house of the Lord.

21 And I will also take of them for priests and for Levites, saith the Lord.

22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the Lord, so shall your seed and your name remain.

23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the Lord.

24 And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.

What is the one TREE in the midst?

Who hides behind the tree?

Who eats the pig and other abominations?

Who shall be consumed?

How many are many?

What makes you think you are not among the slain?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2013, 06:58 AM

9,690 posts, read 10,018,190 times
God brought the book of Isaiah through the prophet some 2,700 years ago , during the time when the Kingdom of Israel was captured and deposed and deported to Babylon , and all the Ten Tribes of Israel except Judah and Benjamin who had the kingdom of Judah who were later deposed some 140 years later ..... See God was planning from Isaiah 66 the coming of the Messiah so the gentiles could be saved , as these people and sinners and idolaters in Israel and the gentiles had never seen the glory of God and had sanctified themselves by them selves with out the Lord by their own customs , and the tree in the midst is the tree of good and evil as a metaphor for the devil and his plan .. where they eat swine which was illegal in Israel , so they were considered evil , which God wanted to destroy or to be redeemed by the Messiah , who later came by son Jesus Christ some 700 years later...... The slain are people in the history of Israel from these old days who rejected God and the lost to God were slain , where the slain today are people who reject God and His covenant through Christianity

Old 10-14-2013, 07:05 AM

Chapter 66 is a warning to the 'christian'.

Gentile and pagan are interchangeable.

Gentiles do not receive salvation.

What is it that the 'christian' hides behind?

Old 10-14-2013, 09:34 AM

4,686 posts, read 6,139,412 times
What is the one TREE in the midst? Are you referring to a Christmas tree

Any reference to Trees in the bible are more than likely when the Pagan cut down trees and made idols out of them to worship them

Who eats the pig and other abominations? Most Christians eat pork and the other unclean food due to a misinterpretation of Matt 15, Mark 7, Rom 14, Acts 10, Acts 15, but it isnt purposely done on spite. If Christians deemed Jesus made all foods clean, even the foods that were never meant to be eaten in the 1st place, it is between them and God

Who shall be consumed? Unbelievers that have never put their trust and faith in the Messiah

How many are many? there are 7 billion on this planet and probably 2 billions believers. Ill subtract 1 billion off of that since many just say they are believers and act worldly every day. Ill even throw in the children who should not be held accountable from other religions since they only know what they have been taught. S0 that is 2-3 out of every 7 that dont know Jesus

Why I got Saved

John 3:16
16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

I confessed my sins.

Romans 10:9-11
New King James Version (NKJV)
9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the Scripture says,“Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.

I Love Jesus SO I follow his commands

John 13:34

34 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.
John 15:12-14

12 My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. 14 You are my friends if you do what I command.
1 John 3:23

23 And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us.

Old 10-14-2013, 10:43 AM

400 posts, read 601,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMurph View Post
66 Thus saith the Lord, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?

2 For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the Lord: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word.

3 He that killeth an ox is as if he slew a man; he that sacrificeth a lamb, as if he cut off a dog's neck; he that offereth an oblation, as if he offered swine's blood; he that burneth incense, as if he blessed an idol. Yea, they have chosen their own ways, and their soul delighteth in their abominations.

4 I also will choose their delusions, and will bring their fears upon them; because when I called, none did answer; when I spake, they did not hear: but they did evil before mine eyes, and chose that in which I delighted not.

5 Hear the word of the Lord, ye that tremble at his word; Your brethren that hated you, that cast you out for my name's sake, said, Let the Lord be glorified: but he shall appear to your joy, and they shall be ashamed.

6 A voice of noise from the city, a voice from the temple, a voice of the Lord that rendereth recompence to his enemies.

7 Before she travailed, she brought forth; before her pain came, she was delivered of a man child.

8 Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.

9 Shall I bring to the birth, and not cause to bring forth? saith the Lord: shall I cause to bring forth, and shut the womb? saith thy God.

10 Rejoice ye with Jerusalem, and be glad with her, all ye that love her: rejoice for joy with her, all ye that mourn for her:

11 That ye may suck, and be satisfied with the breasts of her consolations; that ye may milk out, and be delighted with the abundance of her glory.

12 For thus saith the Lord, Behold, I will extend peace to her like a river, and the glory of the Gentiles like a flowing stream: then shall ye suck, ye shall be borne upon her sides, and be dandled upon her knees.

13 As one whom his mother comforteth, so will I comfort you; and ye shall be comforted in Jerusalem.

14 And when ye see this, your heart shall rejoice, and your bones shall flourish like an herb: and the hand of the Lord shall be known toward his servants, and his indignation toward his enemies.

15 For, behold, the Lord will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.

16 For by fire and by his sword will the Lord plead with all flesh: and the slain of the Lord shall be many.

17 They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree in the midst, eating swine's flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be consumed together, saith the Lord.

18 For I know their works and their thoughts: it shall come, that I will gather all nations and tongues; and they shall come, and see my glory.

19 And I will set a sign among them, and I will send those that escape of them unto the nations, to Tarshish, Pul, and Lud, that draw the bow, to Tubal, and Javan, to the isles afar off, that have not heard my fame, neither have seen my glory; and they shall declare my glory among the Gentiles.

20 And they shall bring all your brethren for an offering unto the Lord out of all nations upon horses, and in chariots, and in litters, and upon mules, and upon swift beasts, to my holy mountain Jerusalem, saith the Lord, as the children of Israel bring an offering in a clean vessel into the house of the Lord.

21 And I will also take of them for priests and for Levites, saith the Lord.

22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the Lord, so shall your seed and your name remain.

23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the Lord.

24 And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.

Who shall be consumed?

How many are many?

This is Sunday School material for children.

Old 10-14-2013, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartstarr1960 View Post
This is Sunday School material for children.

Answer the question then.

Old 10-14-2013, 02:25 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Chapter 66 is a warning to the 'christian'.

Gentile and pagan are interchangeable.

Gentiles do not receive salvation.

What is it that the 'christian' hides behind?
Gentiles/Pagans don't need to be saved. Only Christians are so darn sinful they need to be rescued.

Old 10-14-2013, 04:01 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,179,752 times
Quote:
What tree was forbidden, but the knowledge of good and evil...

Quote:
Those who boast in their works, having the heart of the Pharisee.

Quote:
Who has no regard for the Lord's heart (mercy and grace)

Quote:
Who shall be consumed?
All iniquity shall be consumed - read the end of the book.

Quote:
How many are many?
All flesh shall see glory of the Lord - what happened to you when you saw Him? You were changed, right?

Quote:
I am among the slain - His judgments are unto righteousness.

Old 10-14-2013, 04:06 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Shouldn't someone say "amen?"

Old 10-14-2013, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
What tree was forbidden, but the knowledge of good and evil...

The cross. Why would Isaiah warn a future people of a past object? not the tree of knowledge, further the tree of knowledge led to immortality.......go read Genesis. The Father said Adam had become one of them (Yahuah and Yashua)

Those who boast in their works, having the heart of the Pharisee.

Those who are lawless, the christian.

Who has no regard for the Lord's heart (mercy and grace)

Grace is NOT forgiveness.

All iniquity shall be consumed - read the end of the book.

Iniquity is lawlessness, the christian. The opposite of legal is illegal

All flesh shall see glory of the Lord - what happened to you when you saw Him? You were changed, right?

The many are slaughtered by the Sword and the Fire..........the condemned.

I am among the slain - His judgments are unto righteousness.

You do not want to be among the slain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity