Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2013, 10:02 AM

264 posts, read 351,135 times

Advertisements

The answer is because they claimed to know Jesus/Word of God, and they taught the Word of Truth, Way and Life, but they themselves did not do any of it. They were preaching to others yet deceiving themselves believing that it was only for others to do. While they where more concerned to be busy keeping up their outer self to look GOOD to man's eyes, they inwardly WERE STILL EVIL where God can see! God is not mocked!

Do you KNOW THAT in the Bible how Christ says it is evil to lie, to cheat, steal, fornicate, adultery, idolatry and how that God warns us of those who do such things calling it wicked are doomed, and you even teach others to turn from sin.....
but by your deeds and words you show that you don't believe it means YOU, just others like the Pharisees?
Don't let the devil deceive you, Be a doer of the Word and not just a hearer only in SELF deception!

Matt 23:25-28
25 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess.
26 Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.
27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.
28 Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.
KJV

I know you may not care for my posts or me very much... BUT I LOVE YOU and that is why I tell you THE TRUTH!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2013, 10:35 AM

535 posts, read 967,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afaithfulone4u View Post
The answer is because they claimed to know Jesus/Word of God, and they taught the Word of Truth, Way and Life, but they themselves did not do any of it. They were preaching to others yet deceiving themselves believing that it was only for others to do. While they where more concerned to be busy keeping up their outer self to look GOOD to man's eyes, they inwardly WERE STILL EVIL where God can see! God is not mocked!

Do you KNOW THAT in the Bible how Christ says it is evil to lie, to cheat, steal, fornicate, adultery, idolatry and how that God warns us of those who do such things calling it wicked are doomed, and you even teach others to turn from sin.....
but by your deeds and words you show that you don't believe it means YOU, just others like the Pharisees?
Don't let the devil deceive you, Be a doer of the Word and not just a hearer only in SELF deception!
Are you saying the Pharisee's hypocrisy was not practicing what they preached?

Old 11-25-2013, 10:41 AM

264 posts, read 351,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Priscilla Martin View Post
Are you saying the Pharisee's hypocrisy was not practicing what they preached?
Jesus said we must be learning to be a doer of the Word not just a hearer only and that means "YES" I too must abide in the Word and the Word must abide in me to answer your underlying question, as we all must humble ourselves to the Feet of the Word as we are learning how to walk in the Word, not around it.

Old 11-25-2013, 11:35 AM

4,729 posts, read 4,365,132 times
Pharisee is just Chrstian code word for "Jew."

Be brave and come out and say it. I dare you to tell us what you really think.

Old 11-25-2013, 11:50 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,403,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post

Obviously you do not read the Bible. Pharisees were a group within the Jewish Nation and the Bible distinguishes them a such. It might be better to read it before making such comments about what is taught/believed based on it.

Old 11-25-2013, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Obviously you do not read the Bible. Pharisees were a group within the Jewish Nation and the Bible distinguishes them a such. It might be better to read it before making such comments about what is taught/believed based on it.
The Pharisees of 2,000 years ago are nearly identical to the Orthodox Jews of today. I assume you cannot read Hebrew, so that would make you the one who has never read the bible.

Old 11-25-2013, 11:59 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:

Not for me if ain't. It is those who tie up heavy, cumbersome loads(the doctrines,teachings and traditions of men passed off as the word of God) and put them on other people's shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them.

Jesus said his yoke is easy and burden light, you'd never believe this reading what is posted on this forum.

I am convinced that most of us turn into Pharisees soon after becoming Christians, I'm sure its down to preachers stealing away the joy of salvation and them forgetting what state they were in when Jesus Christ made known the love of a God to them, then they become a misrepresentation of what salvation is, then unfortunately we become what the preachers are.

Old 11-25-2013, 12:19 PM

5,362 posts, read 5,136,516 times
Quote:

Exactly. Was there corruption 2000 years ago in Judaism, yep. Was Jesus's way out the best way to reform it, flipflop and me would have to disagree.

Legalism and hypocrisy was what Jesus combated. Unfortunately, many more Christians I know are more legalistic and hypocritical than many of the Pharisees, or Jews I know.

Old 11-25-2013, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil P View Post
Exactly. Was there corruption 2000 years ago in Judaism, yep. Was Jesus's way out the best way to reform it, flipflop and me would have to disagree.
If you want to call The Pharisees corrupt, what evidence do you have besides your "testaments," which are proven anti Semitic works.

Old 11-25-2013, 12:25 PM

5,362 posts, read 5,136,516 times
Quote:
If you want to call The Pharisees corrupt, what evidence do you have besides your "testaments," which are proven anti Semitic works.
Well, I don't have any other evidence. You got me there. I was just concluding this from the works of the OT prophets who combated corruption in the pre Babylon times and assumed it wasn't completely gone in Jesus's time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity