Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2013, 10:43 AM

160 posts, read 384,864 times

Advertisements

Someone told me if someone commits suicide they go to hell. How do they know that?
I dont believe in hell.But i do believe that God will let you know how you feel for the ones that you hurt. God knows what the future holds for us so why would he sick back and just watch someone go to hell. We have free will. He sent Jesus down to earth to teach how to love one another. When Jesus was being nailed on the cross he didnt curse the guards that treated him like crap.
I know someone where the girl killed herself because of mental issues and someone told them that their daughter is in hell and the mother responded that she had a dream that her daughter came to visit telling her she is okay and safe. I was so glad that the mother said that.

Old 11-29-2013, 12:24 PM

2,817 posts, read 3,463,013 times
People love the notion of people burning. They want it to be real. No matter what you say, they will keep hell burning.
But they will then sing a different time when asked about people with mental issues, or kids. The might even say that Adam and Eve are not in hell, even though all we know about them is that they disobeyed God. The teaching if eternal torment has been brought up on this forum numerous times, I don't think it has changed anyone's minds either way.

Old 11-29-2013, 12:55 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,582,425 times
It's not up to anyone to make a determination about anyone's eternal destination. When the bible tells us to "Judge not" it's this particular judgement it's referring to.

Old 11-29-2013, 01:02 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,929,454 times
Matthew 7;21,22,23,
Jesus does the judging.
It is however the responsibility of one to share all the truth .
Is it not?
Do you know the things Jesus taught ?
Are you taking things for granted?
I don't trust what men teach , I trust what Jesus taught, and I trust why the Holy Spirit teaches.
Your best bet is to get serious with God in THAT relationship, and desperate for His tutelage, the truth is not that far away.

Old 11-29-2013, 02:55 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,839,105 times
The thing that amazes me regarding hell is: The folks who claim NOT to believe hell exists ... are the ones who initiate most of the hell discussions, and spend the most time talking about hell!

Read the “hell” posts out here on the Christian CD Forum. I believe you will discover that in 90-percent of the cases, the thread was started by someone who did NOT believe in hell! – Honestly, Christians are often characterized as being obsessed with hell, by those who do not believe hell exists! … Yet, those who DO believe in the existence of hell, rarely initiate the ‘hell conversation.’

Last edited by jghorton; 11-29-2013 at 03:58 PM..

Old 11-29-2013, 03:06 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,023,019 times
Jesus came and died and was raised up from the dead and became a judgment so people could know God and have eternal life , as hell was to destiny of people who ignore God and His commands .... The people who commit suicide and are mental disabled and have Jesus Spirit on their lives will go to Heaven , as the key is Jesus Spirit on their live by being obedient to Jesus commands , which are repent and be baptized and pray to receive Jesus Spirit on their live and love the Lord , and even try to love the children of God from to endure to the end .....

Old 11-29-2013, 03:16 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
I am so sick and tired of people talking about hell
You are so tired of it that you started a thread to talk about it.....

Old 11-29-2013, 11:23 PM

5,362 posts, read 5,139,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
The thing that amazes me regarding hell is: The folks who claim NOT to believe hell exists ... are the ones who initiate most of the hell discussions, and spend the most time talking about hell!

Read the “hell” posts out here on the Christian CD Forum. I believe you will discover that in 90-percent of the cases, the thread was started by someone who did NOT believe in hell! – Honestly, Christians are often characterized as being obsessed with hell, by those who do not believe hell exists! … Yet, those who DO believe in the existence of hell, rarely initiate the ‘hell conversation.’
That's cause the idea of hell made Christianity the most Hellish of all religions ever to cross the earth. Read your history. Were they misinterpreting and misusing the bible, sure, but hell is what fueled the crusades, killing the heathens, and indulgences. More people died in one day under the Catholic Church at some date, I forgot it exactly, but it was like in the 1200's, than under ALL of Rome's preChristian persecution.

Old 11-30-2013, 12:53 AM

1,807 posts, read 1,892,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post

Another interesting thing: The name and popular concept of 'Hell' is never used even once in the Bible.

Not one. Single. Time.

The closest the Bible ever gets is in Matthew 13:42 ("And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.")

Source:

5 Things You Won't Believe Aren't In the Bible | Cracked.com

Old 11-30-2013, 06:04 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,921,465 times
t 23:33 “You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell?
Mk 9:43 If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life maimed than with two hands to go into hell, where the fire never goes out.
Mk 9:45 And if your foot causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life crippled than to have two feet and be thrown into hell.
Mk 9:47 And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into hell,
Lk 12:5 But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear him who, after the killing of the body, has power to throw you into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him.
Lk 16:23 In hell, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side.

You need a new Bible for Christmas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity