Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2013, 04:49 PM

10,047 posts, read 4,984,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
Translations are made necessary by a Bible that transcends both time and cultures. There is not really a 'corrective' element in translations, except in some instances where margin notes were thought to either be or not to be part of the text.
Is it margin notes or rather corresponding and parallel reference passages and verses besides context and setting.
Such as: who is being addressed at Luke 17 vs 20,21 ?
and what did the Pharisees do according to Matthew 23 v 13 ?
Who is next being addressed at Luke 17 v 22 ?
Notice what comes from ' within ' a person at Mark 7 v 23 compared to Jeremiah 17 v 9
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2013, 04:53 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,432,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Interesting post ^ above ^. I noticed before Matthew chapter 13 at Matthew 12 v 24 the Pharisees are also mentioned there. Any thoughts about Matthew 12 vs 24 to 28 because the kingdom is also mentioned there ?
Hi,
Those VS say: LJV: 24 But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils. 25 And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand: 26 And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand? 27 And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your children cast them out? therefore they shall be your judges. 28 But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.
Here the context is speaking of the accusation that he is doing his works by the power of demons, or Satan as their ruler, their "House". He then points out that if he is really throwing demons out with the spirit of God, then ....he is a representative of that Kingdom at the least, and that Kingdom is now impacting them.

This comment from the Louw-Nida Lexicon helps clarify it.
It is generally a serious mistake to translate the phrase h` basileia tou qeou 'the kingdom of God' as referring to a particular area in which God rules. The meaning of this phrase in the NT involves not a particular place or special period of time but the fact of ruling. An expression such as 'to enter the kingdom of God' thus does not refer to 'going to heaven' but should be understood as 'accepting God's rule' or 'welcoming God to rule over.'
Jesus pointed out that his power was an example of that kingdom actually ruling and they could accept it, through him, or reject that rule. Note VS 30:

30 He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.

At the very end of that chapter he showed what is necessary to be a part of his "family" accept that Kingdom rule.

50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother. The heart is involved but the kingdom is real and has power and we must accept it and be obedient to it or we stand against Jesus and that ruler ship/kingdom.

Old 12-01-2013, 04:59 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,432,644 times
Well then according to these sources the Kingdom of God was within the hearts of unbelieving Pharisees. I don't think so.

They all try and say he would have used another phrase, but ... he didn't and that phrase is common and carries the idea of "among" not inside.

Old 12-02-2013, 09:28 AM

212 posts, read 258,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartstarr1960 View Post
Which Bible version(s) is correct?

RP Byzantine Majority Text 2005
οὐδὲ ἐροῦσιν, Ἰδοὺ ὧδε, ἤ, Ἰδοὺ ἐκεῖ. Ἰδοὺ γάρ, ἡ βασιλεία τοῦ θεοῦ ἐντὸς ὑμῶν ἐστίν.

King James Bible
Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

New International Version
nor will people say, 'Here it is,' or 'There it is,' because the kingdom of God is in your midst."

New Living Translation
You won't be able to say, 'Here it is!' or 'It's over there!' For the Kingdom of God is already among you."

English Standard Version
nor will they say, ‘Look, here it is!’ or ‘There!’ for behold, the kingdom of God is in the midst of you.”

New American Standard Bible
nor will they say, 'Look, here it is!' or, 'There it is!' For behold, the kingdom of God is in your midst."

International Standard Version
People won't be saying, 'Look! Here it is!' or 'There it is!' because now the kingdom of God is among you."

The spirits are inside our head, so is Jesus...

1) Id = Lucifer

2) Libido = Satan

3) Ego = Mammon

4) Anima = Devil

5) Self = Beelzebub

6) Superego = False Prophet

7) Harmony = False shepherd

8)Conscience = Good Shepherd

Old 12-02-2013, 09:38 AM

212 posts, read 258,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post

Well then according to these sources the Kingdom of God was within the hearts of unbelieving Pharisees. I don't think so.

Hmmm,...
Jesus said their father was the Anima,...

And in Rev 3:7 he says they are of the synagogue of the satanic forces of the Libido.

Makes sense.
The Garden of Eden was the same kingdom, because God was walking around there.
Adam was the Libido and Eve, on of the psychic b-ribs, was the Anima or his intuition.

The serpent was the logical Superego while ancient tree that rooted the Self inside our psyche bore the fruit of right and wrong which always brings us to compromise our integrity.

Remember that "psyke" is the Greek bible is the source of our "Soul", while the Hebrew word means mind, "nesphesh," the heart, "leb," refers to our feelings about things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity