Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 01:39 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,019,250 times

Advertisements

I saw an article on a Huff Post blog by a Christian with a New Year message asking. What will you worship in 2014. And it was a good and though provoking question because it really, really matters what and whom we worship.

The bible and our inward revelations tell us what God is like -- that he is the MOST HIGH, which I think means MOST VIRTUOUS and that he is HOLY which I believe means he is THOROUGHLY PURE. Now we humans because of our sinful flesh nature can only stand so much of being in the presence of someone who is completely PURE UNDEFILED LIGHT AND LOVE. The more we are changed into His image, the more we can STAND (not fall) in his presence.

Some people who talk much about God are sitting in great darkness because they have been forced (through fear) to worship the beast. The beast is the vicious animal nature that would go about tearing other beings to shreds. A brute beast is an untamed wild animal that knows nothing about love nor does he care about love. A beast is a being who just wants to satisfy himself -- fill his own belly and cast everything out of his way.

I was thinking tonight about how much we humans are drawn to images. We are made that way. In this cyber age there are so many stunning and beautiful images before our eyes of nature - what a privileged time to be alive. We see images of God's beauty that no generation before us ever got to lay eyes on. I'm thankful for that. However, there are a lot of ugly images before our eyes as well. Violence, vile sexual perversion, cruelty, greed, etc... People even pay money to look at filthy images. Sad.

The image we hold of God in our hearts and minds is precisely what we will become like. We were created to follow something. Every human being is exactly like a sheep and can only follow something. I noticed through concentrated observation how true that was of myself once and was astonished at how I am created to follow. I want to follow the Lamb wherever he goes. I do not want to look upon nor follow a beast. I want God to melt my heart with tender mercies because it is very easy to harden our hearts and we must be diligent in our following. Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2014, 04:23 AM

9,690 posts, read 10,020,758 times
All people who deny Christ and Jesus spirit and even the plan for their lives will have this spiritual authority by default , to worship the image of the beast of this fallen spirit ................. People can resist in the natural with good ethics , but the good ethics will still be laced with selfishness and pride and even control which people find acceptable .............. People who receive Jesus spirit on their lives by obedience to His commands will have a part of God on their lives which will make them in unity with the Living God and their spirit then will find it easier to Love God and have all the attributes which are the fruits of the spirit which are the right fruits that are not of this image of the beast and its attributes ................. Still people who have Jesus Spirit on their souls and have some fruit of the spirit could have one foot in the world and give authority to this image of the beast , as they lean toward to cares of the world and try to control their lives without any lead from Jesus , and grace for the prayers can go to lack of answered prayers

Old 01-04-2014, 06:03 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post

The image we hold of God in our hearts and minds is precisely what we will become like. We were created to follow something. Every human being is exactly like a sheep and can only follow something. I noticed through concentrated observation how true that was of myself once and was astonished at how I am created to follow. I want to follow the Lamb wherever he goes. I do not want to look upon nor follow a beast. I want God to melt my heart with tender mercies because it is very easy to harden our hearts and we must be diligent in our following. Thoughts?
Imagination i believe creates all things, for there is nothing created that is not first imagined. I believe more the image we have of ourselves is what we become, and the reason you will not hear me saying i am poor old miserable wretch of a sinner saved by the grace of God.

Old 01-04-2014, 06:35 AM

670 posts, read 815,544 times
"Like moths to a flame they flock to Lucifer's light,
Stricken with awe and blinded by the Light,
But woe I say unto you,
It is better to wade through the darkness than to be blinded by the light,
So from the Shadow of our god let your soul take Flight.
Least from the shadows we shine a bit brighter to others,
Like a lighthouse guiding others to safe harbor, to the Christ."

You have heard it said: Light is good and darkness is bad,
Yet what of light which blinds? And darkness that conceals?
Perhaps what is concealed is done so for our own good,
And so I say ponder the meaning of what the Creator said:
"Do not eat from this tree or you shall die."
What did the Serpent of Light say?

Old 01-04-2014, 04:53 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,019,250 times
Well, I can't say I fully understand any of the responses to my post, especially since most of them didn't actually say anything too specific about my post, but I appreciate your responses. Another reason I don't post here often is that the majority of people on the Christian forum are not much interested in anything I have to share. It seems that only the threads full of controversy and bickering are popular.

Old 01-04-2014, 05:00 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Well, I can't say I fully understand any of the responses to my post, especially since most of them didn't actually say anything too specific about my post, but I appreciate your responses. Another reason I don't post here often is that the majority of people on the Christian forum are not much interested in anything I have to share. It seems that only the threads full of controversy and bickering are popular.
I believe you bring such a lot to this forum Heartsong and i am sure many on here would agree.

PC the great blasphemer.

Old 01-04-2014, 05:44 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,403,105 times
Quote:
I saw an article on a Huff Post blog by a Christian with a New Year message asking. What will you worship in 2014. And it was a good and though provoking question because it really, really matters what and whom we worship.

The bible and our inward revelations tell us what God is like -- that he is the MOST HIGH, which I think means MOST VIRTUOUS and that he is HOLY which I believe means he is THOROUGHLY PURE. Now we humans because of our sinful flesh nature can only stand so much of being in the presence of someone who is completely PURE UNDEFILED LIGHT AND LOVE. The more we are changed into His image, the more we can STAND (not fall) in his presence.

Some people who talk much about God are sitting in great darkness because they have been forced (through fear) to worship the beast. The beast is the vicious animal nature that would go about tearing other beings to shreds. A brute beast is an untamed wild animal that knows nothing about love nor does he care about love. A beast is a being who just wants to satisfy himself -- fill his own belly and cast everything out of his way.

I was thinking tonight about how much we humans are drawn to images. We are made that way. In this cyber age there are so many stunning and beautiful images before our eyes of nature - what a privileged time to be alive. We see images of God's beauty that no generation before us ever got to lay eyes on. I'm thankful for that. However, there are a lot of ugly images before our eyes as well. Violence, vile sexual perversion, cruelty, greed, etc... People even pay money to look at filthy images. Sad.

I don't worship an image as such is forbidden in scripture. I worship God. Now as to a mental image of God, not possible, so I copy the example of Jesus, Don't worship it, copy it as we are told to do.

While I appreciate your thoughts and the feelings behind them, we should do what we are told in scripture. That makes God feel good

Old 01-04-2014, 05:46 PM

591 posts, read 926,334 times
Spider-man

Old 01-05-2014, 03:07 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Wow. People are forced to worship the beast who tears other beings to threads............ That's quite a claim. Who is forcing them to worship beasts?

Old 01-05-2014, 03:21 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,394,984 times
Quote:

Heartsong, I appreciate your post, particularly the last paragraph, because I hadn't thought of it in exactly that way before.

I'm sorry that it can be frustrating to post things meant to inspire and uplift, only to have them picked to pieces. I know I've done that to other people's posts before, without really thinking first. Probably many of us have. But the heart and intent behind your post is beautiful, and it shines through.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity