Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 10:59 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
<snip>
Christ will come as Judge this next time.
I agree, essentially, that Christ comes as a judge. But, again, this is not confined to some future time.

"NOW is the judgment of this world, NOW will the ruler of this world be cast out."

It is an ongoing judgment. And it is through this judgment of Christ within us that we learn to love.

"For when your judgments are in the earth,
the inhabitants of the world learn righteousness."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2014, 11:06 AM

4,686 posts, read 6,139,412 times
I see him physically coming after the Tribulation and then we are all caught up.

Matthew 24:29-31

New King James Version (NKJV)

The Coming of the Son of Man

29 “Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30 Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

And he will land on the Mt of Olives

Zechariah 14:4

New King James Version (NKJV)

4 And in that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives,
Which faces Jerusalem on the east.
And the Mount of Olives shall be split in two,
From east to west,
Making a very large valley;
Half of the mountain shall move toward the north
And half of it toward the south.

Old 01-10-2014, 12:16 PM

63,810 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Azrael, this is how I see it:
Christ is the spirit of God which comes ("returns") in all of us.

("By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Christ has come in the flesh is from God,"

"For whatever is born of God overcomes the world." )
Our "flesh" is the "world" which is being overcome by the spirit of God/ the Christ being raised in us. And as to when this happens ... it has happened, it is happening, and it will happen:

(“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”)
In other words, I believe that the "return of Christ" is all about us growing in love (not just an emotion of love, but a love that acts in the best interest of all). It isn't a one-time thing ... it is gradual, like the dawn slowly breaking and chasing away the darkness. That is the way that Christ (the spirit of the God who IS love) has come, is coming and will come.
Aisi.
Quote:
Pleroo, that's a bunch of new age balderdash you just said.
Quote:
I agree, essentially, that Christ comes as a judge. But, again, this is not confined to some future time.

"NOW is the judgment of this world, NOW will the ruler of this world be cast out."
It is an ongoing judgment. And it is through this judgment of Christ within us that we learn to love.

"For when your judgments are in the earth,
the inhabitants of the world learn righteousness."
You are correct, Pleroo. It is not New Age. It is what Christ actually taught to those who were too carnal to understand. They still prefer the "milk" to the solid food. Can't rep you.

Old 01-10-2014, 01:19 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,591,694 times
Christ was foretelling his death and resurrection and its
consequences to the crowd in John 12.

If you look at what Pleroo says in post #9 of this thread, the one I replied to,
it most certainly is "new-agey":
..and I quote him:
In other words, I believe that the "return of Christ" is all about us growing in love (not just an emotion of love, but a love that acts in the best interest of all). It isn't a one-time thing ... it is gradual, like the dawn slowly breaking and chasing away the darkness. That is the way that Christ (the spirit of the God who IS love) has come, is coming and will come.

No, the return of Christ is not about us growing in love. It IS a one-time thing,
and it will occur IN TIME, not this very moment, but at a specific TIME point.
Not ongoing. Not presently occurring. This viewpoint of his is blatant heresy.

Old 01-10-2014, 01:44 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:
Christ was foretelling his death and resurrection and its
consequences to the crowd in John 12.

If you look at what Pleroo says in post #9 of this thread, the one I replied to,
it most certainly is "new-agey":
..and I quote him:

No, the return of Christ is not about us growing in love. It IS a one-time thing,
and it will occur IN TIME, not this very moment, but at a specific TIME point.
Not ongoing. Not presently occurring. This viewpoint of his is blatant heresy.

"And how would Sire like his heretic: rare, medium or well-done?"

Old 01-10-2014, 02:24 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,834,115 times
Since the Bible doesn't seem to 'hold much water here', one wonders what opinions about how Christ will return ... or even IF Christ will return (both Bible concepts) are derived. Is one to simply 'imagine' such things?

Old 01-10-2014, 02:49 PM

670 posts, read 815,365 times
Quote:
Azrael, this is how I see it:

Christ is the spirit of God which comes ("returns") in all of us.

("By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Christ has come in the flesh is from God,"

"For whatever is born of God overcomes the world." )

Our "flesh" is the "world" which is being overcome by the spirit of God/ the Christ being raised in us. And as to when this happens ... it has happened, it is happening, and it will happen:

(“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”)

Aisi.

That's an interesting perspective. Sounds very spiritual, I kinda like it.

Quote:
In what way will he return?
What happens when he comes back?
How do we know it's him and not the devil?

I was raised a Protestant before my beliefs began to shift and change over time so I am curious as to how other people feel about the Second Coming or lack of Second Coming.

I am a Christian who doesn't believe Christ was the Jewish messiah but I still believe Christ is divine and I try to follow his teachings.
Yet alot of my fellow Christians believe he was the Messiah,
so I ask what of the Prophecies he has yet to fulfill that many claim he is coming back to fulfill?
If you say he is not coming back then who is going to fulfill them and how does that make him the Messiah if Christ isn't going to fulfill them?

Thank you.

And may peace and love be with you, Always.

Old 01-10-2014, 02:50 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,031,633 times
It will be around 2030 AD. That would start the 3rd day. The day on which Jesus rose which was a type of raising His Church (His body). We know that it didn't happen long ago because Jesus will still constructing the "stones" of the temple. Remember that Jesus called His Apostles stones. Peter didn't want us to be ignorant that a day is as a thousand years and a thousand years as a day. The Epistle of Barnabas backs this up.

Old 01-10-2014, 03:09 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,018,190 times
When Jesus come back for renewal in the earth , most Christians and people in the world will not see Him , as it is better that people believe and not see the Lord Is preferred , so only people in His ministries will be see Jesus in the Spirit .............. See the Lamb of God will be in the presence of His Holy Angels who will rid the world of the worship of the image of the beast , the number of the beast and the mark of the beast , so it would be wise to not have any authority into these blaspheme of the Lord .......... The one antichrist could be more of a legalism from the preachers of the gospel than what could happen , as there could be millions of antichrist people in the world condemning the poor and the religious people ................ The rapture will be there for those who believe , as Jesus will hide people from harm for His Glory .......... This time will not be a great time as even the Lord Jesus would prefer that He did not have to go through it but Jesus will need to act for His Church or lose it and be lost for good ........... This time will be a time of apostasy from the faith as the devil will then have less power from God to stop him at that time , so the devil will walk rough house over the world , but Jesus will have the power to put Him down , by the faith of generations from today and the past

Old 01-10-2014, 04:06 PM

10,036 posts, read 4,965,651 times
Quote:
Be heavenly Judge at the coming ' time of separation ' of Matthew 25 vs 31,32 when Jesus, as righteous Judge, will judge between the humble sheep and the haughty goats by how they have treated Jesus' spiritual brothers [ verse 40 ] who are on earth at the coming ' time of separation ' . - Isaiah 11 vs 3,4
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity