Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 04:04 PM

591 posts, read 926,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
You're right. You can. The atheists that looooooove to rail on how evil God is based on a misunderstanding of an OT passage then turn around and love to whine about how he is too forgiving because he forgives. Honestly...it's mind-boggling.
It really is mind-boggling. How you can believe what you type. God is evil, as is religion as a whole. How can anyone believe this?! What you're telling me is I can attempt to erase half the world population for my own Aryan race, but if i repent (Which is the feeling of, or expressing remorse), the christian world will forgive me, Moderator cut: deleted

Quote:
We honestly have no way of knowing what went on between God and Hitler. All accounts seem to indicate he died in his sin...we just don't know.
I don't think I can cope with this sort of thing tonight. Moderator cut: deleted as rude comment directed towards other member.

Last edited by june 7th; 01-16-2014 at 03:40 AM.. Reason: Rude comment in this subforum. x8
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2014, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Please tell us about King Manasseh - 2nd Kings 21 vs 2-16; 2nd Chron. 33 vs 2 - 13
Yes he sinned, and in the Bible he was forgiven. That's the Bible.

I asked his opinion. Now I'll ask yours. If Hitler repented before killing himself, would you accept him?

Also, do you accept the priests that raped children in the Catholic Church because they repented?

No rubbish or Bible quotes from you now, this is a question directed for your personal thought, not the brainwashed nonsense from the Bible.

Moderator cut: Off topic

Last edited by june 7th; 01-16-2014 at 03:42 AM.. Reason: Requesting that member address topic unrelated to this thread. Off topic.

Old 01-14-2014, 04:14 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times
"Claude Robert Eatherly (October 2, 1918, Texas – July 1, 1978)[1] was an officer in the U.S. Army Air Forces during World War II, and the pilot of a weather reconnaissance aircraft Straight Flush that supported the dropping of the atomic bomb on Hiroshima, Japan, August 6, 1945. Consumed by guilt he attempted suicide by drugs in a hotel in New Orleans"

Claude Eatherly - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Do you think God will welcome him to heaven with open arms because he was a tortured soul or do you think God would punish him even more for trying to commit suicide?

In my opinion,

"And Solomon, my son, learn to know the God of your ancestors intimately. Worship and serve him with your whole heart and a willing mind. For the LORD sees every heart and knows every plan and thought. If you seek him, you will find him. But if you forsake him, he will reject you forever."

Old 01-14-2014, 04:16 PM

10,036 posts, read 4,968,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
What if you die without that opportunity?
Keep in mind [ John 3 v 13 ] that all who died before Jesus lived they died without an opportunity to put faith in Jesus.

Do you recall the penalty for sin according to Romans 6 v 23 ? ________
Unless a person commits the unforgivable sin of Matthew 12 v 32; Hebrews 6 vs 4-6, his death pays the wage of sin.
In other words, ' death ' stamps the price tag or wage of sin as Paid In Full. No post-mortem penalties.
That is why Romans 6 v 7 mentions that the one who has died is freed or acquitted from his sins.
That does Not make the person innocent, but as a judge can pardon a person so the crime charges do not stick, Jesus as Judge can pardon a person so the sin charges do not stick.
Since the dead can Not resurrect oneself or another we need someone who can do that for us. Jesus can and Jesus will.
-Rev. 1 v 18; Acts 24 v 15

Now, as far as the soon coming ' time of separation ' of Matthew 25 vs 31,32, 40 please notice that the people living on earth at this time are Not dead people. Jesus will be judging living people on earth. The living humble 'sheep'-like people on earth can remain alive on earth right into the start of Jesus' coming 1000-year kingdom reign over earth.

We are now all living at this ' time of opportunity ' - Acts 17 vs 30,31; 10 v 35
We are now all being asked to repent - 2nd Peter 3 vs 7,9 - before the ' living wicked on earth ' will be destroyed by the words from Jesus mouth.

- Isaiah 11 vs 3,4; Rev. 19 vs 11,15; Psalms 92 v 7; 37 vs 11,29, 38-40; Proverbs 2 vs 21,22; Jeremiah 25 vs 31-33

Old 01-14-2014, 04:20 PM

10,036 posts, read 4,968,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Matt View Post
Yes he sinned, and in the Bible he was forgiven. That's the Bible.
I asked his opinion. Now I'll ask yours. If Hitler repented before killing himself, would you accept him?
Also, do you accept the priests that raped children in the Catholic Church because they repented?
No rubbish or Bible quotes from you now, this is a question directed for your personal thought, not the brainwashed nonsense from the Bible.
P.S I would like you to address points in another thread.
In comparison to Hitler how did King Manesseh sin ?_________

We do Not know if a person's repentance is genuine or not. I do Not hold the keys to unlock death for anyone.

What Moderator cut: deleted biblical Moderator cut: deleted are you referring ? Please post the verses to which you are referring.

Last edited by june 7th; 01-16-2014 at 08:28 AM.. Reason: Insulting to Christian members.

Old 01-14-2014, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
In comparison to Hitler how did King Manesseh sin ?_________

We do Not know if a person's repentance is genuine or not. I do Not hold the keys to unlock death for anyone.

What Moderator cut: Orphaned biblical Moderator cut: Orphaned are you referring ? Please post the verses to which you are referring.
Moderator cut: deleted
Answer the question, I don't care if you 'don't hold a key'!

If they repented, the priest and Hitler. Would YOU forgive them?

N.B The Bible is biblical nonsense. Not a particular verse, the entire Bible. And, it is brainwashed into children from a young age.

Yes Hitler and Manesseh were similar in they caused atrocities, as well seduced people to believe their wicked ways. But... one was real, one was not. One actually killed millions, the other is a story. One supposedly happened thousands of years ago, the other less than 80!

As I said, would YOU accept Hitler if you found he repented in his bunker.

Last edited by june 7th; 01-16-2014 at 08:30 AM.. Reason: Question asked, member responded/answered.

Old 01-14-2014, 04:38 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:

We honestly have no way of knowing what went on between God and Hitler. .
So. Hitler could have repented and gone to Heaven. If he repented before he blew his brains out. His six million victims (including all those Polish kids who got rounded up with their parents) aren't there since they're........ Jews. Not in Heaven. No Jews, gypsies who told fortunes (not good if you want to get to Heaven) or gay men who had to wear the pink triangle on their sleeves before they were gassed and tossed into the ovens. (Hitler thought they were deviants. That's why he slaughtered them for those among us who can't recall 11th grade World History.) Nope. They aren't enjoying Heaven. Guess where they are? First hint: no place you'd want your mother to be.

But Hitler might be. But that's too upsetting to actually admit to (who wants to actually say out loud that Hitler had a shot at eternal salvation if he repented at juuuuuust the right time) so..... by gosh, we just don't know what went on between God and Hitler.

Old 01-14-2014, 05:00 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Apparently, many are more concerned with an afterlife, than doing that which is good, now!
And the Once Saved, Always Saved crowd will tell you, if Hitler accepted Christ before the atrocities:

"He did not loose his Salvation; but, we just do not know, if he repented?"

My only thought is that this odious group believes, they are the "untouchables."
Especially, when it comes to the drama of crime, under their own legal-system of justice.

Old 01-14-2014, 05:09 PM

20,442 posts, read 12,793,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
He doesn't get any credit (in your eyes) for repenting?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Matt View Post
If Hitler repented before killing himself, would you accept him?
Answer my question.

Old 01-14-2014, 05:12 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Apparently, many are more concerned with an afterlife, than doing that which is good, now!
And the Once Saved, Always Saved crowd will tell you, if Hitler accepted Christ before the atrocities:

"He did not loose his Salvation; but, we just do not know, if he repented?"

My only thought is that this odious group believes, they are the "untouchables."
Especially, when it comes to the drama of crime, under their own legal-system of justice.
For them, it's a get-out-of-jail free card?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity