Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 12:47 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times

Advertisements

Jesus said, he would never leave or forsake humanity.
He did not say: "I will send you a dear John letter.
"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2014, 02:11 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
I wash my hands of you.
Thanks. The idea that someone thinks they know what I believe, decides it isn't right, and I need to have my thoughts corrected is just flat-out odd to me. Sooo.... cool beans! Peace out!

Last edited by DewDropInn; 03-17-2014 at 02:37 PM..

Old 03-17-2014, 02:57 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,696,510 times
" Will it still be Heaven to you if none of the people you loved on Earth weren't not there ?"

Yes, it will be !
Yet the saddest part is unfortunately there will possibly be those in our lives that will not be in heaven with us !
That is why it should be the UTMOST importance to one who has family, friends, who are not saved to pray for them without ceasing and witnessing to these loved ones in our lives the TRUTH of God's will through Jesus Christ.

To tell them they will be in heaven and at the same time they're rejecting the gospel of Jesus Christ is the cruelest thing to tell anyone, and may I add a very selfish act.
And telling people, oh, sure your grandma is in heaven, yet, this grandma threw her fist up to God cursing Him all her life and even on her last breath is another awful thing to say to another, because it's a lie to say their grandma is in heaven !!!

If our loved ones continue choosing in rejecting Jesus Christ their is nothing anyone can do they have made their choice and their destiny is set to be eternally separated from God.

Yet, I believe we will not remember the former things such as those in our life who rejected Jesus.
Because God tells us that....
"He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away. And He who sits on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” And He said, “Write, for these words are faithful and true.” Rev. 21:4-5

"The first things have pasted away," therefore that is a reminder for the believer of their life on earth, the memories of people, places, etc., will not remember as He wipes it all away, amen !

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2Cor. 5:17

Pray, pray, pray !

Old 03-17-2014, 02:58 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,786,094 times
Good words, Cyber Munchkin!

Old 03-17-2014, 03:11 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,491,540 times
You sure have a habit of <snip> what you want to hear ... don't you.
I originally said:

Quote:
I don't share your (apparent) belief that the Bible is the one and only source of knowledge about God and Heaven.
I believe it is a source. One of many. Not all of them are written and they are not confined to Christianity.

Jesus' answer to Pilots question "what is truth" does in no way come close to "I'm just one of many sources"
"the reason I was born and came into the world is to testify to the truth.
Everyone on the side of truth listens to me.”
It's written in my heart that to me Pilot reacted the same way to Jesus .... SMH. You have no clue. I wash my hands of you.
and you <snip> it down to
Quote:
I wash my hands of you.
and that's what you twist it into something about what I'm doing to you ... I wash my hands of you. ... when in fact it's those who reject the truth are saying to Jesus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Thanks. The idea that someone thinks they know what I believe, decides it isn't right, and I need to have my thoughts corrected is just flat-out odd to me. Sooo.... cool beans! Peace out!
Nope, it's not about me you have issues with, its rather what Jesus said he does and will do:
John 3:18-20
Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son

This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light
because their deeds were evil.
Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed.
and there are no exceptions to the fact that Jesus is the only light ... not a source of many.

Old 03-17-2014, 03:47 PM

Quote:

Nope, it's not about me you have issues with,:
Let's see. How do I put this politely? You're wrong. You couldn't be more wrong. I've NO issues with Jesus. Fed the hungry lately? Served the poor? Sheltered the homeless? That's who I follow. Jesus of Nazareth. The man who told us the greatest gift is.... love. If you have a problem with that, that's on you.... not on me. If you don't like my beliefs I suggest you put me on ignore because the greatest gift IS love and love never dies. woo-hoo.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 03-17-2014 at 04:32 PM..

Old 03-17-2014, 04:08 PM

2,029 posts, read 1,364,758 times
Quote:
..If our loved ones continue choosing in rejecting Jesus Christ their is nothing
anyone can do they have made their choice and their destiny is set to be
eternally separated from God
So God will just remove the memory of our lost loved ones? Kind of like a spiritual lobotomy? How does God remove the memory though? Like I already asked, if you think back to a time on Earth, God will not allow you to recollect anything? This is big. You fundies insist you'll be the only ones there. How can you so easily dismiss loved ones not making it? He'll remove their memory from you? That just doesn't sit right. It does with you?

Old 03-17-2014, 05:27 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,786,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
So God will just remove the memory of our lost loved ones? Kind of like a spiritual lobotomy? How does God remove the memory though? Like I already asked, if you think back to a time on Earth, God will not allow you to recollect anything? This is big. You fundies insist you'll be the only ones there. How can you so easily dismiss loved ones not making it? He'll remove their memory from you? That just doesn't sit right. It does with you?
No more sorrow, pain, suffering, evil, etc,? A place of pure love and paradise? Yeah, I'm down with that! Aren't you?

As far as who will be there, anyone who has believed on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, for the remission of sin, will be there.

Old 03-17-2014, 05:29 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,491,540 times
Quote:
I've NO issues with Jesus. .
no of course not ... unless
Quote:
Would it still be Heaven without them? No. Because I don't believe God separates us from those we love.
unless ... where talking about only one source that Jesus says he is and scriptures are the only place to find the truth
Quote:
I believe it is a source. One of many. Not all of them are written and they are not confined to Christianity.
unless ... Jesus only confines to Christianity
"the reason I was born and came into the world is to testify to the truth.
Everyone on the side of truth listens to me.”
unless .... Jesus makes no exceptions to loved ones while on earth
John 3:18-20
Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son
unless ... Jesus pronounces a verdict:
This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light
because their deeds were evil.

Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Instead of me putting you on ignore ... why not put the Christian Forum on your ignore if you're not interested in anything what Jesus says that doesn't make the Beetles hippie but humanistic sound track:

Old 03-17-2014, 07:40 PM

Quote:

Instead of me putting you on ignore ... why not put the Christian Forum on your ignore if you're not interested in anything what Jesus says that doesn't make the Beetles hippie but humanistic sound track:
Beatles. With an "A".

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity