Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 01:41 PM

1,970 posts, read 1,761,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
So you think that people who were baptized as a baby with Holy Water or who were baptized in a big tub in front of a Baptist church aren't baptized and hell-bound?
Did I say that? NO, I did not so don't put words in my posts that I didn't post. All I was saying what is in the Bible. I really wish you people who wish to argue with people would get together with the others and do it and leave us alone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2014, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
Here is are the posts of MORebelWoman (self proclaim theologian) on this thread alone. Every single post has an attacking mocking tone. There is always a stinger in every post.
I realize that you dislike facts and take facts as offensive. Oh well.

Old 05-29-2014, 01:44 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,344,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MORebelWoman View Post
I realize that you dislike facts and take facts as offensive. Oh well.
Are you implying that you know the truth?

Old 05-29-2014, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Are you implying that you know the truth?
About the Papacy, YES. Now, run along and argue with your other argumentative friends.

Old 05-29-2014, 03:48 PM

376 posts, read 489,424 times
Quote:
About the Papacy, YES. Now, run along and argue with your other argumentative friends.
Again, for having been raised Catholic, you don't seem to know a lot about the church. If you are insisting that the Sabbath has to be on the 7th day, that baptism must be by immersion, and that the Catholic church is idolatrous - these are not moderate positions.

You seem to have been converted to a pretty fundamentalist religious practice (7th Day Adventist?). Often converting does involve some degree of bitterness to one's former church. I myself was brought up in the Episcopal church, but fled it when it became so liberal. But I would hope that your criticisms of the Catholic church (and I do have a few myself) would spring from really knowing its doctrine, history, and practice. The church does not always do a good job of educating its parishioners, and this can involve a lot of convincing by assertion, appeal to authority etc.

You claim to reject Sola Scritpura, but I really cannot see where your doctrine is any different, since you repeatedly point to the Bible as the only authority. And if you believe that Catholics (and probably Orthodox as well) practice idolatry, you should be aware that basically none of us believe so and consider such accusation false witness.

Old 05-29-2014, 04:02 PM

368 posts, read 391,733 times
Quote:
I know more about the history of the Catholic Papacy than you do
Oh, MORebelWoman, I know you aren't trying to be funny, but this statement is so preposterous it is really very amusing. I can assure you with absolute certainty that I know vastly more about the history of the papacy than you do, or probably ever will. (Really? Yes, really. For example, do you know who the Theophylacts were? Or Matilda of Tuscany? Does the name "John XXIII" mean anything to you other than a 20th Century pope? What brought about the Sack of Rome in 1520, or the victory at Lepanto? When did Avignon pass from papal control? Do you know what a camauro is? How about a fanon? When were flabella last used in papal ceremonies? Can you answer any of these questions right off the top of your head, without doing a Google search? Didn't think so...)

Quote:
Now, go ahead and continue to show yourself for the elitist you are.
If you mean that we both know that I am much better informed about ecclesiastical history than you are, then that is true. You also seem to think that I should apologize for not sharing your deficiencies -- but you will be disappointed in that.

Old 05-29-2014, 04:04 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,231,957 times
Quote:
Did I say that? NO, I did not so don't put words in my posts that I didn't post. All I was saying what is in the Bible. I really wish you people who wish to argue with people would get together with the others and do it and leave us alone.
Seems like it was implied. Your posts suggest you belive you're 100% correct about all things "Christian" and any differing opinion is incorrect. They also come across as very angry.

Old 05-29-2014, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Seems like it was implied. Your posts suggest you belive you're 100% correct about all things "Christian" and any differing opinion is incorrect. They also come across as very angry.
I do come across as angry. That would be because I don't take well to ignorance and idiocy.

BTW, I do not believe that I am 100% correct about all things, but when it comes to the fact that it is black and white in the Bible, one can't change that.

I know that many in here don't like to hear facts, like the fact that the Sabbath is sundown Friday to sundown Saturday. There is no way that anyone in here, or anywhere else for that matter, can prove with scripture that the Sabbath was changed to Sunday. That just happens to be fact. Now, I don't prescribe to the fact that one has to attend services during Sabbath to be saved or be a "real" Christian. I haven't been converted to any denomination. I wonder why it is that some believe that because some have some strict views of the Bible then it means that the person has been converted by some denomination? Then you have the ones that believe because they know about the aristocratic domination of the Catholic Papacy for some time, or the fact that the Spanish Catholics and Lutherans rampaged Rome, means they know more about the denomination than others.

Now, I will ask some of you a question. Do any of know or ever heard of Lilith? If so, who is she? Have any of you ever read the Apocrypha, Lost Gospels or Gnostic Gospels or any other religious writings?

Old 05-29-2014, 04:41 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,344,722 times
Quote:
I do come across as angry. That would be because I don't take well to ignorance and idiocy.

Yes, very angry---------- and as usual you are very insulting and hostile. No need to say the words "ignorance and idiocy".

Quote:
BTW, I do not believe that I am 100% correct about all things, but when it comes to the fact that it is black and white in the Bible, one can't change that.
I agree, you are black and white.

Quote:
Have any of you ever read the Apocrypha, Lost Gospels or Gnostic Gospels or any other religious writings?

This is like asking a calculus student if he knows how much is 2+2.

Old 05-29-2014, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Yes, very angry---------- and as usual you are very insulting and hostile. No need to say the words "ignorance and idiocy".

I agree, you are black and white.

This is like asking a calculus student if he knows how much is 2+2.
I see no calculus students in this group.

Some things are black and white. It doesn't matter if you like it or not. It is what it is. facts are facts. I really don't care if you think I am insulting. I see you and others that way, but I don't report the posts like you and some others do. You see, I have been connected to the internet before most of you even knew it existed. I also have a degree, not a post degree, in computers and was using Pine as my email and Unix back when one had to know something about computers to actually use the internet, unlike now. It is great that there are so many people connected, but the thin skinned need to get over themselves and get a grip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity