Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 09:48 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,228,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
True but to point that out is considered hate spech.

And the hate speech is directed at those who say same sex sex is wrong. Boy are they hated.

Free expression of opinion used to be OK here and in many other Countries, now it isn't unless you agree with the vocal hate groups who want their freedom to speak, but not yours.

It is agree or shut up. Lets see what section of the Constitution is that found in?

OH this applies to the hate groups on both sides of the issue, LGBT and those like Westboro.
I couldn't care less what your opinion or belief is. You're perfectly free to believe whatever you want and use the Bible to justify your belief. That's not what gay people have a problem with. What we have a problem with is being denied the right to be legally married due to your personal religious opinions and beliefs.

Example: Some Christians think dancing of any type is anti-Christian and wrong. That's fine if they want to believe that. But if they attempt to criminalize dancing, that's where the line is crossed.

And obviously not all Christian denominations agree that homosexuality is wrong or a sin. SS marrige is legal now in this country and I'm sure will be legal at the state level in all states soon. You'll still be free to dislike that people like me are legally married and say you don't view me as married. That's your personal business.

Old 06-23-2014, 09:49 AM

28,667 posts, read 18,788,917 times
Quote:
Ever hear of the Theban legion? Gay men made it up and fought for Thebes (Greecian City state at the time). Public knowledge.
You had really, really better go back and check your facts on that.

The "Theban Legion" was a group of Christian Roman soldiers who were martyred for the sake of Christ in 286 AD.

Otherwise, I was clearly and consistently talking about homosexuality in the Roman Republic and Empire, not in Greece. The Romans were much more conservative than the Greeks.

Old 06-23-2014, 09:51 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,228,265 times
Quote:
Ever hear of the Theban legion? Gay men made it up and fought for Thebes (Greecian City state at the time). Public knowledge.

Later the Greeks in general and definitely in Athens had a practice and was sexual intimacy between a man and a young child growing up. That was considered "normal" then. It has been around for a long time and usually fades away as people see the extent that it finally reaches, as in Greece.

It was called "Greek Love" and shows how bad it can get.

Greek love - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
And what does any of THAT have to do with gay people in the USA today? Oh... NOTHING!

Old 06-23-2014, 10:11 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
And what does any of THAT have to do with gay people in the USA today? Oh... NOTHING!
It has to do with the fact fundamentalists are obsessed with sex. Homosexual sex? They know all the details and are happy to share them. It's soooooo weird, lol.

Old 06-23-2014, 10:14 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
I couldn't care less what your opinion or belief is. You're perfectly free to believe whatever you want and use the Bible to justify your belief. That's not what gay people have a problem with. What we have a problem with is being denied the right to be legally married due to your personal religious opinions and beliefs.

Example: Some Christians think dancing of any type is anti-Christian and wrong. That's fine if they want to believe that. But if they attempt to criminalize dancing, that's where the line is crossed.

And obviously not all Christian denominations agree that homosexuality is wrong or a sin. SS marrige is legal now in this country and I'm sure will be legal at the state level in all states soon. You'll still be free to dislike that people like me are legally married and say you don't view me as married. That's your personal business.
I hope this doesn't ruin your sound stage .... but if you didn't care of disapproving opinions or beliefs then it's hypocritical to "we have a problem with is being denied the right to be legally married due to your personal religious opinions and beliefs."

Old 06-23-2014, 10:26 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
I hope this doesn't ruin your sound stage .... but if you didn't care of disapproving opinions or beliefs then it's hypocritical to "we have a problem with is being denied the right to be legally married due to your personal religious opinions and beliefs."

You don't get it, twin. There's no hypocrisy.

Having an opinion and denying a person's right because of it are two vastly different things.

Think about it.

Old 06-23-2014, 10:34 AM

472 posts, read 385,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iam4USC View Post
Since they are sinners just like yourself, why don't gay people have the right to marry, according to you?

Please prove that to me. I challenge you.

Actually it is.

And what do you mean by that, exactly? Are you aware that heterosexuals practice sodomy? And just what are you suggesting by "whatever else goes with the lifestyle?" Gay people have jobs, kids, homes, cars, etc. They are NORMAL people.

Actually every church does, whether they allow gay marriage or not. Church attendance is on the decline.

And what do you view as the "true understanding of God?" Let me guess: it's YOUR idea. John 13:34: Jesus says: A new commandment I give you: As I have loved you, so you must love one another. Is God a God of love, or is He a God of exclusion and oppression? I shudder to think that God would not want people to care for and love each other.
Did God create our bodies? All of the systems in our bodies? I think most christians would say "Yes."

So if god created our body and the systems in them, he has a plan for them. Including the reproductive system. God meant for us to reproduce. Man and man or woman and woman is not natural, it doesn't work, it's not part of God's plan. Marriage is a sacrement given to us by God for a man and a woman. Sexual activity outside of that bond is a sin.

And before you go on and say that it is a proven fact that even animals have homosexual behaviors therefore it must be natural and given by God................Animals weren't given free will. The choice NOT to act on such urges. Animals don't have a soul or consciensous.[/quote]

If you study the Bible, you will find the body is the soul. Man has the spirit of God, Animals are a living soul, but do not have the sprit of God.
As to free will. Nothing created by God was given free will. All of Gods creations have to obey Gods laws...does that sound like free will? Satan took free will to do as he wanted...it was called, rebellion.
Gays will go on believing same sex marriage is normal...right to the end.

Old 06-23-2014, 10:49 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Please, ... do you actually think you're the only exception to not being allowed to do something because of someone else's contrary opinion?
5 bucks to anybody who can successfully parse that sentence.

Old 06-23-2014, 11:10 AM

472 posts, read 385,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post

A master at side stepping would be able to do better than offer 5 bucks. The difference between an

amateur writer, and a pro, is clear.

Old 06-23-2014, 11:56 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times
Opps ... accidentally deleted the wrong message
Originally Posted by twin.spin
Please, ... do you actually think you're the only exception to not being allowed to do something because of someone else's contrary opinion?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post

parsed:

Please, ... do you actually think

you're the only exception ........ "weee.... 're the only one"

to not being allowed to do something
because of someone else's contrary opinion?" mommy said no"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.