Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you lay down your life for Christ if you had to?
Yes. 9 60.00%
No way. 6 40.00%
I'm on the fence 0 0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 05:47 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,338,128 times

Advertisements

I cannot possibly believe that anyone who reacts to a little bit of criticism in regards to their beliefs and worse still feels persecuted because of it, would be in any state of mind to lay their life down for Jesus Christ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2014, 06:06 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,338,128 times
I just want to throw this in too and there are scriptures similar to this throughout the whole of scripture.

If you say, “The Lord is my refuge,” and you make the Most High your dwelling,no harm will overtake you, no disaster will come near your tent. Psalm 91:9-10

Old 07-10-2014, 06:17 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,941,088 times
I'd a whole lot rather live. I haven't been tested on the dying part yet, it might depend on the circumstances.

Old 07-10-2014, 06:45 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,398,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneFormula View Post
If the Government put your head into a guillotine and asked you "Would you die for Christ?"

Could you do it?

Well, the worse persecution of Christians in history is on the horizon and something similar to this is going to be put forth to YOU and me.

How many REAL Christians will not give up the faith?
My guess is that you have been watching the "left behind" series?

Old 07-10-2014, 06:47 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,398,670 times
If I died feeding the poor, housing the homeless or protecting the innocent - that would be dying for Christ.

Old 07-10-2014, 08:37 PM

18,253 posts, read 16,954,170 times
I think Formula's question is in anticipation of the day coming soon when the antichrist will have his New World Order soldiers driving around these little portable guillotine machines capturing renegade Christians who don't have 666 tattooed on their wrists and foreheads with which they can buy and sell.

Forgive me. A spontaneous burst of out-loud laughter at what I was typing interrupted my train of thought.

And you're right, Jerwade: lots of these young Christians' brains have been fried by that ridiculous Left Behind series of books that made Tim LaHayne and Jerry Jenkins multi-millionaires and a lot of naïve Christians broke.

Sadly, the only people getting rich off Christianity these days are the people who run it.

Old 07-10-2014, 09:01 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,224,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post

And you're right, Jerwade: lots of these young Christians' brains have been fried by that ridiculous Left Behind series of books that made Tim LaHayne and Jerry Jenkins multi-millionaires and a lot of naïve Christians broke.

Sadly, the only people getting rich off Christianity these days are the people who run it.
They excel at emptying both wallets and brains.

Old 07-10-2014, 11:59 PM

18,253 posts, read 16,954,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
They excel at emptying both wallets and brains.
And I truly don't know which of the two they are most adept at emptying.

Old 07-11-2014, 12:02 AM

37,155 posts, read 42,274,207 times
Nobody can die "for jesus". They can only die.

Old 07-11-2014, 06:57 AM

9,913 posts, read 9,614,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneFormula View Post
If the Government put your head into a guillotine and asked you "Would you die for Christ?"

Could you do it?

Well, the worse persecution of Christians in history is on the horizon and something similar to this is going to be put forth to YOU and me.

How many REAL Christians will not give up the faith?
"yes",, (said while sitting in my safe little office at my safe little computer). Easy peasy to say yes.

BUT, when torture or death is about to hit me, I think I'd be pretty scared.

However, I do believe that God gives people in those times of extreme stress, a special kind of grace to be able to handle it. The early Christians had to face getting eaten by a lion. I don't know if it hurt, but I'm guessing it is, however, how were they able to face the hungry lions except for a grace of strength given by God.

I believe that watching the news, and the way Muslims are being treated favorably by this Obama administration, and the way things are going for Christians standing for their beliefs, I do believe in my very lifetime, I will have to make a decision publicly,i.e. when the government demands that I wear a burkha, I will say no. THAT I would do this very day if it were demanded of me. and yes i'd be wiling to go go jail for refusing.

But torture and death, I haven't had to face that and I will have to trust God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity