Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you lay down your life for Christ if you had to?
Yes. 9 60.00%
No way. 6 40.00%
I'm on the fence 0 0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 06:58 AM

9,913 posts, read 9,593,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I would die for Jesus, yes. Yeshua? No. He's not my God.
Yeshua is just the Jewish name for Jesus. Its not Allah or anything like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2014, 07:27 AM

550 posts, read 516,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I think you should put to death this way of thinking by establishing and rooting yourself in the wonderful truth that you are loved by God beyond whatever you could ever comprehend and these kind of questions will never be entertained by you ever again.
Truth is scarier than fiction.

Old 07-11-2014, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
The bible will say that Jesus asked`` If you would die for me , and Peter said He would`` .....But in the will of God it would be senseless and legalistic to say that you would die for Christ ................See there are missionaries which have a dry faith , that they would go to hostile land with the faith for the martyrs crown .....................but it would be safer if they had a faith in the worship of fortitude and God will open the door for victory and anointed the trip into hostile land................and Jesus will bring these missionaries home safe and sound , or the Christian soldier home unharmed after the war where expectation in faith is established in Christ .................See God prefers to bring life , as He is the God of created life and love

Revelation 20:4

"I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for the
testimony of Jesus, and for the word of GOD"

This is why it's important for the co-called Christians to READ and UNDERSTAND the Holy Bible and stop going to "church" just to have a fashion show and pass the collection plate.

Your Pastors are misleading YOU!

Old 07-11-2014, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I would die for Jesus, yes. Yeshua? No. He's not my God.

testimony of Jesus(Yeshua), and for the word of GOD"

This is why it's important for the co-called Christians to READ and UNDERSTAND the Holy Bible and stop going to "church" just to have a fashion show and pass the collection plate.

Old 07-11-2014, 09:58 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,924,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneFormula View Post

testimony of Jesus, and for the word of GOD"

Told ya so! Told ya so!

See my post #26.

I am sooooo good at sniffing out these Revelationists!

Old 07-11-2014, 10:03 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,923,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
I think Formula's question is in anticipation of the day coming soon when the antichrist will have his New World Order soldiers driving around these little portable guillotine machines capturing renegade Christians who don't have 666 tattooed on their wrists and foreheads with which they can buy and sell.

Old 07-11-2014, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Told ya so! Told ya so!

See my post #26.

I am sooooo good at sniffing out these Revelationists!

Correction, I'm a Whole Bibleist...

I take it You must've been a discussion like this before where you got crushed and now you feel it's your duty to point out people that have a clear understanding of the Book of Revelation?

*Well If it helps you sleep at night.

Old 07-11-2014, 10:35 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneFormula View Post

I take it You must've been a discussion like this before where you got crushed and now you feel it's your duty to point out people that have a clear understanding of the Book of Revelation?

*Well If it helps you sleep at night.
Lol. Usually Thrillobyte pulverizes the opposition (for want of a better word) and the response he gets are posts saying rude, sarcastic things. It happens over and over on this board.

So you're right on track!!

Old 07-11-2014, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
Yeshua is just the Jewish name for Jesus. Its not Allah or anything like that.

Hebrew name, not Jewish.

You have to be clear because people might think you are talking about the Israelis and not the Israelites.

Old 07-11-2014, 01:10 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,403,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post

I thought it had value. Because here's the deal. LOTS of people say, "I want to help you." Not all are going to actually do something good. The OP offered to "help" and ignored my post.

It's 2014 and when I hear anyone preaching unusual beliefs and offering unsolicited help.... I'm not going to say, "Tell me more". At that point the BS meter is making a loud noise.
With clarification your comment now fits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity