Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2014, 11:14 AM

250 posts, read 219,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeal View Post
Who taught you to be straight, or were you born straight? The Christians used to burn left-handed people at the stake. because using the left hand was considered evil. I guess those people chose to be left-handed, after all it was a lifestyle choice, right?
I don't believe "Christians" ever burned anyone at the stake. I have never heard or seen any evidence that "Christians" have ever practiced such.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2014, 11:25 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,213,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
sounds like a reverend just for your ears .... a reverend that wrongfully curses ......
Hmmm.... I can't say I've notice revrandy cursing in his posts. Doesn't matter. I don't judge people by their vocabulary. Revrandy seems to have a firm grasp on doing what Jesus told us to do. I like that.

Edit: Well, son of a gun he did use the word "hell". So did my very conservative church-going aunt who voted for Nixon for pity's sake.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 07-15-2014 at 11:56 AM..

Old 07-15-2014, 12:42 PM

63,888 posts, read 40,164,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
So the scripture I quoted that says God has "written in our minds and hearts" under the New Covenant is lies and NOT to be trusted???? The scripture about the Comforter teaching us all truth is lies and NOT to be trusted??? Tell me, Twin do you trust these verses???

1 John 2:27 (King James Version)

27But the anointing which ye have received of Him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in Him.

2 Corinthians 3: 2-6 (King James Version)

2Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men:
3Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.
4And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward:
5Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;
6Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Are they lies and NOT to be trusted despite that we have trust through Christ??? Given what they say about the written word and the letter . . . how can you rely on them and NOT rely on the Comforter and what God has "written in our hearts" in agape love? Do you love, Twin? Do you know what agape love IS? Can you tell when something is agape loving and when it is not?? What does your heart tell you about homosexuality? Is it agape loving?

God would not require us to be Bible scholars to know Him and His agape love. It is "written in our hearts" by God Himself and we have the Comforter abiding with us to guide us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Correct ... anything from an indwelling spirit that has more than once shown itself to pervert the written word of God is not to be trusted. For there would be no way of quoting "written in our minds and hearts" for if in fact it wasn't "written in ink" first ... so once again, this so called indwelling spirit is speaking in it's native language of lies \ half truths and hypocrisy.
So you are trying to imply that the indwelling Spirit of agape love that we are responding to is actually satanic in origin. Satan espouses "love of God and each other" daily and repenting when we don't???? Wow. That is an interesting view of Satan's goal. Imagine Satan promoting love of God.
Quote:
God's written word makes very clear concerning which is meant between a married man and woman ... anything else is a sin and is not in accordance of the original intent and design for man and woman.
That wasn't my question, Twin. What does your heart tell you about homosexuality? Is it agape loving?

Old 07-15-2014, 12:44 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,658,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith_Plus_Nothing View Post
I don't believe "Christians" ever burned anyone at the stake. I have never heard or seen any evidence that "Christians" have ever practiced such.
A famous person burned at the stake by Christians was Joan of Arc, as she was considered a heretic and a witch. I don't know if Joan was left-handed, but left-handed people were thought to be witches. As recently as the 1920's children were forced to use their right hand when learning to write, in Christian schools.

Old 07-15-2014, 12:47 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,237,192 times
Quote:
A famous person burned at the stake by Christians was Joan of Arc, as she was considered a heretic and a witch. I don't know if Joan was left-handed, but left-handed people were thought to be witches. As recently as the 1920's children were forced to use their right hand when learning to write, in Christian schools.
So you're saying people did the wrong thing in the name of Christ?

Old 07-15-2014, 12:50 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,216,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Did and still do.

Old 07-15-2014, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
I'll answer your question with a question, would keeping slaves be doing the wrong thing in the name of Christ? The Bible says it is OK to keep slaves.

Old 07-15-2014, 01:41 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,421,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith_Plus_Nothing View Post
Just those claiming to be Christian and supported by their churches claiming to be christian.

Old 07-15-2014, 01:44 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,421,833 times
Quote:
I'll answer your question with a question, would keeping slaves be doing the wrong thing in the name of Christ? The Bible says it is OK to keep slaves.
It also says to obey the laws of the land, so keeping slaves would violate the laws of the land, so Christians would not do so. Difference between OK (Which does not say doing so is required) and illegal and we are told to avoid illegal.

Old 07-15-2014, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
It also says to obey the laws of the land, so keeping slaves would violate the laws of the land, so Christians would not do so. Difference between OK (Which does not say doing so is required) and illegal and we are told to avoid illegal.
Well the laws of the land is slowly but surely making same-sex marriage legal across the US, let's hope Christians won't violate the laws of the land.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity