Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2014, 09:51 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,031,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Notice that God leaves "whom" in this but "what" and reserves the right of "whom" for himself Romans 12:9-21
"Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good." ....
Reread the OT verses about what God hates and then compare that to Romans 12:16-18
You will find that the Christian is to hate the "what" not the whom.
"Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position.
Do not be conceited.
Do not repay anyone evil for evil.
If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.
and God does reserve this for himself: Romans 12:19 \ Deut. 32:35
"Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath,
for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” says the Lord.
The Bible.
So you say we are only to hate the "what" and not the "whom" which I agree with. But then you go unto say what is not taught in the bible and that is that God hates the "whom" of the wicked. You quote verses from Deut such as those in 32:35 but do not realize that the Old Covenant was the fleshy covenant and was a TYPE for the Spiritual Covenant. The flesh being a type of the Spirit. Therefore, the wicked were utterly destroyed from off the land wherein Israel would be. But you error in focusing on the fleshy covenant. Not realizing that this type was of the Spirit and under the New Covenant it is the WICKEDNESS that is being destroyed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2014, 11:18 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Do you hate your children, when they miss the mark?
Would you stone them to death?

Old 07-23-2014, 12:13 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,018,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade
It just goes to show you, that the Bible was written by man; not God:

"For love and hate cannot cohabitate, except in the heart and minds of men."
Originally Posted by twin.spin
There is an active (outward) hate
post#17

which is why any attempt by certain folks to quote any Bible verse is held as exactly that.
Twin, this was your perfect opportunity to learn that we must RIGHTLY DIVIDE the word of truth. DIVIDE IT -- RIGHTLY. That is why we need the indwelling of the Holy Spirit for he is able to show us the truth. You can pound the bible on a table all day and call IT the truth, but it it NOT the truth all by itself --- or have you not read that the LETTER KILLS but the SPIRIT gives LIFE?

Old 07-23-2014, 01:24 AM

57 posts, read 51,610 times
I have been reading everyone's comments and the one common thread I have seen is that some CHOOSE to believe that God is hateful and they will twist words and thoughts to have them come out that way. Those who do not want to abide in God can always come up with their own reasons, their own truths. This is why we have cults. Here is the truth. You have a choice, you can either accept the gift Jesus offers you, which is salvation and forgiveness or you can reject it. Should you decide your logic is better than God's you are saying you do not want to be with him. Then, THROUGH YOUR OWN CHOICE when the time comes, you will descend to where there is nothing but ugliness and hate like you cannot imagine and pain. Instead of searching out all the scriptures that have the word "hate" in them, why not read the bible and let it talk to you. If you want to hate God, you can, you have been given the gift of free will.

Old 07-23-2014, 05:14 AM

618 posts, read 541,022 times
Hello all.

Surely Abraham Lincoln is no spiritual authority, but this discussion reminds me of something he once said (supposedly). I'v seen several variants and thought he borrowed it from some other spiritual teaching, but if so I have been unable to confirm this. The quote is:

"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?"

That might seem non sequitur to some, but I think it's relevant. For if god hates someone and then changes their heart through grace (by the sacrifice of the new covenant) then those whom he hated he has destroyed...not by malice as men would do, but by love.

It's just a thought

Thanks.

Old 07-23-2014, 05:47 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
I think bearing these hate beliefs destroy us not our enemies. When a man's ways please The Lord he makes even his enemies at peace with him.

Old 07-23-2014, 06:58 AM

618 posts, read 541,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I think bearing these hate beliefs destroy us not our enemies. When a man's ways please The Lord he makes even his enemies at peace with him.
Hello pcamps.

My point is that if god could hate a man for his sin, then he can change that man's heart with his grace - destroying the man he hated by remaking him through his love. In this way god has done the very thing he commanded...to love your enemies. It seems to me that this is essentially what is said in Romans 5:8.

As I said, it's just a thought I had.

Thanks.

Old 07-23-2014, 07:00 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,697,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Hi Cyber,

No, I'm not really getting what Twin said. A third party jumping in to explain another's thoughts, just muddies the water, sometimes. It's much easier to get a clear answer from the original person who posted the thought, know what I mean?

So....
Would you care to explain where, (in this thread) is the hatred towards "the truth of God"
and what is the "truth of God"
that you are talking about?
Specifically.

You said:

edited to add: You have a nice day too, Cyber. It's hot and humid where I am, but I guess that's better than rain and storms.

thanks,
sparrow
Here is my post so that you may read it again. As I believe it tells you in many ways in what I believe is the "truth of God."

You know sparrow, I really don't understand why you ask this question as you have read many of my post in this forum as I have been posting here for the past 7yrs and it should be quite well known what I believe is "God's truth".......
........ actually a short version would be John 3:16 !

I have also included once again Twin's post that does a wonderful job, (which by the way I agree totally in his discernment) in sharing some of those post in whom have an openly or hidden motive of hatred toward the "truth of God."
All one needs to do is read through this thread and see for yourself the hate spoken toward God and man.....

I pray people will hear and take heed to the very words of Jesus.....

"But I tell you that every careless word that people speak, they shall give an accounting for it in the day of judgment. For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.” Matthew 12:36-37

As it is a new day the Lord has given us, let us be glad and rejoice in it, amen !
As always I pray that you, "Have a nice day !"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
OK, I think I'm in the right Thread

I'm so sorry Twin,
That is for so much hatred in this thread toward the truth of God. Sometimes I just don't understand when people say they believe, yet they don't take God at His very word, all of His written word spoken to His people and try to find a way to deny by getting around the things their ears don't want to hear !
By twisting and making excuses against God's truth especially with the things God hates. It seems those are the very things within possibly that life that gets in such an uproar trying hard too justify and compromise the very sin and wickedness God hates that is destroying what He is/has created !

It is a shame and what it really comes down too that people want to justify their sin and hatred (fear), yet claim the grace of God in one's life also ! But we know the scripture tell us we can not serve two masters.
Also when they speak about the love of God they also deny it at the same time within their words and actions. Anyone to whom truly loves as God does will also hate the very things God hates and make it their goal to let God's love and justice cleanse and rule deep within them, agreeing with Him totally, regardless !

As we can see though through your obedience God is revealing truth in whom want to worship the god they've made in one's own image in this very thread ! By denying His hatred toward sin.
As they continue denying God's right to life that He created and have turned by exchanging His truth for the lie and made themselves the very enemies of God's Truth. And anyone can witness that everytime Truth is spoken here in this forum we see (read) ......

For behold, Your enemies make an uproar, and those who hate You have exalted themselves they make shrewd plans against Your people, and conspire together against Your treasured ones.
For they have conspired together with one mind; against You they make a covenant. (Psalm 83:1-3;5)

......... ^^^^^ as we see this attitude all the time here in this forum*

For the scripture teaches us that those who know God's love will bring no harm spiritually, emotionally and physically to their neighbor regardless who they are and what they may believe.. God's lovingkindness rules in the heart with a gentle and peaceful mindset as the Spirit gives strength too overcome with self-control, blessing one's life with an abundance of patiences and a overflowing faithfulness unto God as He sanctifies the heart with love and a glorious joy in serving such a wonderful, Mighty God, amen ! !

Well the day is coming very soon and the judgement of God will reveal those who truly believed God with all their heart and worship Him in spirit and truth, AMEN \0/ !!!!!

Blessings
Quote:
There is an active (outward) hate
post#2
post#17
post#20
then there is the passive which is harder to recognize.

The passive hate of the "truth of God" is displayed by nicely opposing \ being indifferent \ being apathetic \ down playing the seriousness of God towards sin, evilness, the practices of those who do evil and those die in their sin ... or in some cases purposefully manipulating words to get them not to mean what they clearly mean

Such passiveness like in:
post #3
post #18
post #19
post #23

Last edited by Cyber Munchkin; 07-23-2014 at 07:25 AM.. Reason: ETA: scripture

Old 07-23-2014, 07:10 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyker View Post
Hello pcamps.

My point is that if god could hate a man for his sin, then he can change that man's heart with his grace - destroying the man he hated by remaking him through his love. In this way god has done the very thing he commanded...to love your enemies. It seems to me that this is essentially what is said in Romans 5:8.

As I said, it's just a thought I had.

Thanks.
That's pretty much the way I see it too. Did God hate the things Paul did when he persecuted His people? Probably, but He still loved Paul and made Him a powerful servant.

Old 07-23-2014, 07:46 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
So you say we are only to hate the "what" and not the "whom" which I agree with. But then you go unto say what is not taught in the bible and that is that God hates the "whom" of the wicked. You quote verses from Deut such as those in 32:35 but do not realize that the Old Covenant was the fleshy covenant and was a TYPE for the Spiritual Covenant. The flesh being a type of the Spirit. Therefore, the wicked were utterly destroyed from off the land wherein Israel would be. But you error in focusing on the fleshy covenant. Not realizing that this type was of the Spirit and under the New Covenant it is the WICKEDNESS that is being destroyed.
Well at least there is some admission of the truth that God does hate .... however I will not be convinced of the position no matter how often it is explained away
what is not taught in the bible and that is that God hates the "whom" of the wicked.
when these are in the Bible
Psalm 5:5
Psalm 11:5
Hosea 9:15

Nobody denies God's love in action on the righteous \ unrighteous when it's in the Bible yet people will deny God's hate in action on the wicked when it's in the same Bible. There is no justifiable reason for this altering of the image of God.

It was God's hate of sin and of sinner alike that nailed Jesus to the cross
It was God's love for the sinner that Jesus became our substitute recipient of that hate and was made to bear every sin.

Reject Jesus as the substitute savior and the hate of God will remain on you and so will your sin John 3:16 \ John 3:36 \ John 8:24

Last edited by twin.spin; 07-23-2014 at 08:01 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity