Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 11:01 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,787,277 times

Advertisements

David a man after Gods own heart. Though he was a great warrior God loved Him. This used to bother me until I found that those who do as David did are forgiven and blameless. That is those who serve the Lord as he did. Even Jesus quoted him.

Comments.

1 Kings 11:38 NRSA
If you will listen to all that I command you, walk in my ways, and do what is right in my sight by keeping my statutes and my commandments, as David my servant did, I will be with you, and will build you an enduring house, as I built for David, and I will give Israel to you.

2 Kings 19:34 NRSA
For I will defend this city to save it, for my own sake and for the sake of my servant David."

2 Kings 20:6 NRSA
I will add fifteen years to your life. I will deliver you and this city out of the hand of the king of Assyria; I will defend this city for my own sake and for my servant David's sake

Ezekiel 34:23 NRSA
I will set up over them one shepherd, my servant David, and he shall feed them: he shall feed them and be their shepherd.

Ezekiel 34:24 NRSA
And I, the Lord, will be their God, and my servant David shall be prince among them; I, the Lord, have spoken.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2014, 07:19 PM

Ezekiel 37:25 NRSA
They shall live in the land that I gave to my servant Jacob, in which your ancestors lived; they and their children and their children's children shall live there forever; and my servant David shall be their prince forever.

David had been dead around three hundred years when this was stated. So obviously God was speaking of someone with his faithfulness.

When Paul said there was none righteous he was not thinking of David.

Old 07-17-2014, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Ezekiel 37:25 NRSA
They shall live in the land that I gave to my servant Jacob, in which your ancestors lived; they and their children and their children's children shall live there forever; and my servant David shall be their prince forever.

David had been dead around three hundred years when this was stated. So obviously God was speaking of someone with his faithfulness.

When Paul said there was none righteous he was not thinking of David.
Another thing is , the land is not a land of earthly places but the land of God. The promised land was never a land of the earth.

"The righteous shall live in the land forever."

Old 07-18-2014, 03:18 PM

9,691 posts, read 10,027,043 times
David had a selfless faith with meekness authority which some people in intersession calling calls Davinich prayer , as David listened to God and the priest around Him who heard God would tell David and David would obey God ...........Still King David did make mistakes as was a butcher in war and once he made the prisoners lay on the ground hand to feet with the other prisoners and threatened to kill them all , and another time King David stole a man wife and put the husband in a war which he did not have a chance and the husband died and David took His wife , which David later repented to God

Old 07-18-2014, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
David had a selfless faith with meekness authority which some people in intersession calling calls Davinich prayer , as David listened to God and the priest around Him who heard God would tell David and David would obey God ...........Still King David did make mistakes as was a butcher in war and once he made the prisoners lay on the ground hand to feet with the other prisoners and threatened to kill them all , and another time King David stole a man wife and put the husband in a war which he did not have a chance and the husband died and David took His wife , which David later repented to God
Yes, I know of that. But through all that God still loved David and promised to raise up another like Him.

"In days to come I will raise up a righteous shoot to David" says the Lord

Old 07-18-2014, 04:42 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,412,710 times
Quote:
David a man after Gods own heart. Though he was a great warrior God loved Him. This used to bother me until I found that those who do as David did are forgiven and blameless. That is those who serve the Lord as he did. Even Jesus quoted him.

Comments.

1 Kings 11:38 NRSA
If you will listen to all that I command you, walk in my ways, and do what is right in my sight by keeping my statutes and my commandments, as David my servant did, I will be with you, and will build you an enduring house, as I built for David, and I will give Israel to you.

2 Kings 19:34 NRSA
For I will defend this city to save it, for my own sake and for the sake of my servant David."

2 Kings 20:6 NRSA
I will add fifteen years to your life. I will deliver you and this city out of the hand of the king of Assyria; I will defend this city for my own sake and for my servant David's sake

Ezekiel 34:23 NRSA
I will set up over them one shepherd, my servant David, and he shall feed them: he shall feed them and be their shepherd.

Ezekiel 34:24 NRSA
And I, the Lord, will be their God, and my servant David shall be prince among them; I, the Lord, have spoken.
He also admitted his sins and asked for forgiveness each time.

A good example of why God liked him.

Old 07-18-2014, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
He also admitted his sins and asked for forgiveness each time.

A good example of why God liked him.
As long as one serves the Lord there is no sin. The Lord has said there are the wicked and the righteous. Only those two.
The righteous serve the Lord the wicked do not.

Malachi 3:7 "Return to me, and I will return to you, says the Lord of hosts. But you say, "How shall we return?"
8 Will anyone rob God? Yet you are robbing me! But you say, "How are we robbing you?" In your tithes and offerings!
9 You are cursed with a curse, for you are robbing me—the whole nation of you!
10 Bring the full tithe into the storehouse, so that there may be food in my house, and thus put me to the test, says the Lord of hosts; see if I will not open the windows of heaven for you and pour down for you an overflowing blessing.
11 I will rebuke the locust for you, so that it will not destroy the produce of your soil; and your vine in the field shall not be barren, says the Lord of hosts.
12 Then all nations will count you happy, for you will be a land of delight, says the Lord of hosts.
13 You have spoken harsh words against me, says the Lord. Yet you say, "How have we spoken against you?"
14 You have said, "It is vain to serve God. What do we profit by keeping his command or by going about as mourners before the Lord of hosts?
15 Now we count the arrogant happy; evildoers not only prosper, but when they put God to the test they escape."
16 Then those who revered the Lord spoke with one another. The Lord took note and listened, and a book of remembrance was written before him of those who revered the Lord and trust in his name.
17 They shall be mine, says the Lord of hosts, my special possession on the day I act, and I will spare them as a man spares his son who serves him.
18 Then once more you shall see the difference between the righteous and the wicked, between one who serves God and one who does not serve him

Old 07-18-2014, 05:23 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,482,476 times
Another reason God loved David was because David finally killed off the last of the giants, something the Lord had tried to get the Israelites to do from Moses to Saul.

Old 07-18-2014, 05:53 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,412,710 times
Quote:
As long as one serves the Lord there is no sin. The Lord has said there are the wicked and the righteous. Only those two.
The righteous serve the Lord the wicked do not.

Malachi 3:7 "Return to me, and I will return to you, says the Lord of hosts. But you say, "How shall we return?"
8 Will anyone rob God? Yet you are robbing me! But you say, "How are we robbing you?" In your tithes and offerings!
9 You are cursed with a curse, for you are robbing me—the whole nation of you!
10 Bring the full tithe into the storehouse, so that there may be food in my house, and thus put me to the test, says the Lord of hosts; see if I will not open the windows of heaven for you and pour down for you an overflowing blessing.
11 I will rebuke the locust for you, so that it will not destroy the produce of your soil; and your vine in the field shall not be barren, says the Lord of hosts.
12 Then all nations will count you happy, for you will be a land of delight, says the Lord of hosts.
13 You have spoken harsh words against me, says the Lord. Yet you say, "How have we spoken against you?"
14 You have said, "It is vain to serve God. What do we profit by keeping his command or by going about as mourners before the Lord of hosts?
15 Now we count the arrogant happy; evildoers not only prosper, but when they put God to the test they escape."
16 Then those who revered the Lord spoke with one another. The Lord took note and listened, and a book of remembrance was written before him of those who revered the Lord and trust in his name.
17 They shall be mine, says the Lord of hosts, my special possession on the day I act, and I will spare them as a man spares his son who serves him.
18 Then once more you shall see the difference between the righteous and the wicked, between one who serves God and one who does not serve him
KJV 2 Samuel 12:13 And David said unto Nathan, I have sinned against the LORD. And Nathan said unto David, The LORD also hath put away thy sin; thou shalt not die.

Old 07-18-2014, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
KJV 2 Samuel 12:13 And David said unto Nathan, I have sinned against the LORD. And Nathan said unto David, The LORD also hath put away thy sin; thou shalt not die.
Yes, God forgives His servants.

"The Lord redeems the souls of His servants, no one who takes refuge in Him incurs guilt."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity