Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 01:11 AM

107 posts, read 130,424 times

Advertisements

I'll say it again, if you can't even reunite with the pets you loved in heaven then heaven isn't as great as people like to think it is. Heaven is overrated from what people are saying here. I will have to create my own heaven in my imagination to keep my dog alive because the real heaven isn't that great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2014, 09:33 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,168,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwinM View Post
I'll say it again, if you can't even reunite with the pets you loved in heaven then heaven isn't as great as people like to think it is. Heaven is overrated from what people are saying here. I will have to create my own heaven in my imagination to keep my dog alive because the real heaven isn't that great.
Keep in mind that no one posting on this thread has actually been in Heaven and is back here on earth with an eyewitness account.

Personally, I believe we'll be reunited with the pets and animals we loved on earth. I'm sorry you lost such a good friend. I know how that is and the loss you feel. Hang in there and remember the wonderful times you had together.

Old 07-29-2014, 10:26 AM

28,091 posts, read 29,952,204 times
Quote:
Clearly, I shouldn't have bothered to post as you apparently decided to lump all the responses you received together when, in fact, they represented a wide range of opinions.

Old 07-29-2014, 11:23 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,364,529 times
Quote:
what does that mean? some animals go to heaven and some go to hell? what must they do or not do to get to each?
Yes there is an animal hell. Hitler's dog is there, Nixon's is probably there as well. I think one of the Lassies that was on TV is there too, the one that mauled Timmy off camera one day.

God is justice, remember? Applies to animals as well. Why should just people be there?

Old 07-29-2014, 11:30 AM

4,876 posts, read 4,203,824 times
EdwinM - I followed your posts about Angie on the Dogs forum and I read your post about her passing as well.

You seem like a very gentle soul who is wrestling with the myriad of feelings we have when we lose someone (or something) we loved.

Please try to understand that many of the posts here come from a wide range of perspectives and beliefs that may not mirror yours.

I am of the belief that God made everything and everything returns to Him in one way or another. There is no way God would create a paradise that didn't include all of the ones we loved (even our pets). That's not paradise to me.

What you went through with Angie was difficult but you did the right thing. You helped ease her transition to whatever is beyond death. You loved her and that is all that matters.

Old 07-29-2014, 11:56 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,016,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Absolutely everything you have ever held in love in your consciousness will be with you, period. The love we create in our consciousness is what our Spirit is designed to be and it is what will survive our physical death.
Thank you, Mystic. I am once again stunned at how cold humans can be.... plenty of cold hearts posting in this thread. I love my dogs so much. They love me. They are so innocent and so loving, I can't imagine any good reason why God would not bring animals into the spiritual realm. I also don't see why so many uncaring people post as if they have certainty on this matter. Humans have a huge capacity for arrogance!

Old 07-29-2014, 11:58 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,016,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
Yes there is an animal hell. Hitler's dog is there, Nixon's is probably there as well. I think one of the Lassies that was on TV is there too, the one that mauled Timmy off camera one day.

God is justice, remember? Applies to animals as well. Why should just people be there?
This is completely stupid.

Old 07-29-2014, 12:24 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,229,862 times
Quote:
I grew up as a Christian. It's been years since I went to church. What does the bible say about animals dying? Animals in the afterlife, animals having souls, etc... Please provide me with as much as information as you have. It's important to me. My dog was put to sleep Saturday and I'm really depressed about it. I want to see my dog in the afterlife. I really do.
I believe animas will be in Heaven. Luke 3:6 "And all flesh shall see the salvation of God." Animals have flesh."
If you've got 15 minutes, you might want to listen to this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLm7OGkM0WQ

I'm sorry for your loss. Thought you'd find comfort in this poem.

Dear Master
I explained to Saint Peter
I 'd rather stay here
Outside the pearly gates
I wont be a nuisance,
I won't even bark,
I'll be very patient and wait.
I'll be here, chewing on a celestial bone,
No matter how long you may be
I'd miss you so much
If I went in alone
It wouldn't be heaven for me. - Unknown

Last edited by kahncss; 07-29-2014 at 12:32 PM..

Old 07-29-2014, 12:55 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,490,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Thank you, Mystic. I am once again stunned at how cold humans can be.... plenty of cold hearts posting in this thread. I love my dogs so much. They love me. They are so innocent and so loving, I can't imagine any good reason why God would not bring animals into the spiritual realm. I also don't see why so many uncaring people post as if they have certainty on this matter. Humans have a huge capacity for arrogance!

Oh, so only caring people don't post "as if they have certainty on this matter. Humans have a huge capacity for arrogance! "

that's nice to know.

Mind telling us cold human dog owners why any pet would want to have and depend on their former human master forever?

I'm sure there has to be some Bible verse that you can point to.

Old 07-29-2014, 12:57 PM

28,091 posts, read 29,952,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
This is completely stupid.
No, it's not. It's way, way, way beyond completely stupid. It's off-the-charts stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity