Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 01:40 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,019,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Oh, so only caring people don't post "as if they have certainty on this matter. Humans have a huge capacity for arrogance! "

that's nice to know.

Mind telling us cold human dog owners why any pet would want to have and depend on their former human master forever?

I'm sure there has to be some Bible verse that you can point to.
I'm sorry, I don't even understand your point. This thread is about the owner's loss of a loved pet. Are you saying my dog would not enjoy being in God's presence? I honestly do not get where you are going with this. Somehow, your line of thinking jumped the track and I could not see where it was going.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2014, 01:43 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,019,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahncss View Post
I believe animas will be in Heaven. Luke 3:6 "And all flesh shall see the salvation of God." Animals have flesh."
If you've got 15 minutes, you might want to listen to this.

I'm sorry for your loss. Thought you'd find comfort in this poem.

Dear Master
I explained to Saint Peter
I 'd rather stay here
Outside the pearly gates
I wont be a nuisance,
I won't even bark,
I'll be very patient and wait.
I'll be here, chewing on a celestial bone,
No matter how long you may be
I'd miss you so much
If I went in alone
It wouldn't be heaven for me. - Unknown
Such a sweet poem - it captures the way dogs are. I'm sure you've probably seen the dogs lying by the caskets of fallen soldiers. I do believe mammals grieve. We are closely linked to all mammals.

Old 07-29-2014, 02:44 PM

25,447 posts, read 9,813,207 times
EdwinM, I am so very sorry for your loss. A bit off topic, but I believe that your putting your sweet dog out of misery was the most selfless and loving thing you could have done. It is very difficult to lose our beloved pets. I don't know the answer to your question, but I wish you peace. We had to put our precious kitty to sleep in May. She left such a huge hole in our lives, and I cried for weeks. However, it is much better than it was, and I can now think of her without getting a stab in my heart. Hugs to you.

Old 07-29-2014, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Your choice. It is written that there will be no sadness or pain in Heaven. Meaning you won't be sad in Heaven. I can't believe that anyone would trade eternal joy and peace for their pet? I've not heard of someone saying the same for a spouse. But if your dog is more important to you than eternal joy; have at it.

Ask God. He made the rules.

Gee, Mr5150, you're just full of love and compassion, now aren't you? Geez Louise. No wonder people have such a problem with god and religion. EdwinM is obviously grieving the loss of his pet. He doesn't need to be hit over the head with religious doctrine right now. Gawd. And I have news for you. Whoever or whatever God is, you nor anyone else has a CLUE what he/she thinks. Get over yourselves.

Old 07-29-2014, 02:54 PM

107 posts, read 130,468 times
I'm still crying but less today than on Sunday but the reason for this is because I spent an entire week, the first week she was sick, in my room crying about her dying, after she got well I knew it would eventually happen and me crying for the first time for a long time in my bedroom in isolation is what I think made it easier. But I'm still depressed and crying. I visited where she is today and I will tomorrow. Tomorrow is my birthday. I will be 30. I talk to my dog where she is buried. I told her I miss her today. Tomorrow I'll tell her it's my birthday and that I miss her a lot.

Old 07-29-2014, 02:59 PM

Hugs to you my friend. Yes, it is hard. But it will get easier. I promise. Cry as much as you need to. You loved your dog and he was your friend, probably one of your best friends. Take care of yourself. I hope you will have some friends or family that you can spend your birthday with tomorrow.

Old 07-29-2014, 04:21 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,495,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
1) Oh, so only caring people don't post "as if they have certainty on this matter. Humans have a huge capacity for arrogance! " that's nice to know.

2) Mind telling us cold human dog owners why any pet would want to have and depend on their former human master forever?

3) I'm sure there has to be some Bible verse that you can point to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post

I'm sorry, I don't even understand your point. This thread is about the owner's loss of a loved pet. Are you saying my dog would not enjoy being in God's presence? I honestly do not get where you are going with this. Somehow, your line of thinking jumped the track and I could not see where it was going.
My three points were:
1) Sounds like the so called caring people are no less guilty of being arrogant based on the certainty of your pov's

2) Since you caring folk are putting human like qualities into dogs like "loves me back" and experiencing the same relationship with God ... mind telling me why your dog would want to be subject forever as you being it's master.

3) You certainly do not have the capacity to arrogant, cold human like me .... so point to some place I deem verifiable that states your belief is from the Bible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post

Are you saying my dog would not enjoy being in God's presence?
I'm saying that quite possibly God wouldn't have to necessarily enjoy their presence ... a dog in the Bible was not a "pet". A dog was looked down upon \ despised to the point in which evil people were called dogs by God.
Matthew 7:6
“Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs.
If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.
"

Revelation 22:15
Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.

Proverbs 26:11
As a dog returns to its vomit, so fools repeat their folly.
which that goes back to #3 ... show from the Bible where dogs are being compared to humans as highly esteemed as you are doing.

That's all ... if there are dogs as pets in heaven ... fine.
Makes no difference to me, I won't be missing them either way.

Old 07-29-2014, 04:24 PM

107 posts, read 130,468 times
this is the song I listen to every time I think of someone dying, my dog is family to me and my 1st true death in my family, my other family members are in another country and I dont know them that well so when they die I dont cry or get emotional

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VastXQ_hPb0

Old 07-29-2014, 04:32 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwinM View Post
I'm still crying but less today than on Sunday but the reason for this is because I spent an entire week, the first week she was sick, in my room crying about her dying, after she got well I knew it would eventually happen and me crying for the first time for a long time in my bedroom in isolation is what I think made it easier. But I'm still depressed and crying. I visited where she is today and I will tomorrow. Tomorrow is my birthday. I will be 30. I talk to my dog where she is buried. I told her I miss her today. Tomorrow I'll tell her it's my birthday and that I miss her a lot.
Edwin, you are obviously a person of great compassion. You made her life better. Crying is OK. It's how we heal. Take comfort in the happy times you shared with your beloved pet and the knowledge that she loved you as well.

As I said I believe heaven is full of animals. I also believe, with all my heart, that our beloved pets will be there to greet us when our turn comes. Take care. It gets easier as time passes and the happy memories take over.

Old 07-30-2014, 07:47 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,365,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
No, it's not. It's way, way, way beyond completely stupid. It's off-the-charts stupid.
It's not stupid it's sarcasm. <SIGH> But it was in bad taste due to the loss of the OP's pet.

I am perplexed this is even discussed...no animals in heaven? Really?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity