Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 08:06 PM

125 posts, read 91,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
First of all, I noticed you correctly did Not capitalize antichrist as if being a person.
False teachings have made anyone against Christ as being a one particular person when Scripture does not.

The beast ( No, Not appearing or looking like a lamb ) but a beast with 2 small lamb's horns on the beast's head. ( horns in Scripture being separate governments ), and speaking like a dragon is like the duel partnership between the United States and England. A duel Anglo-America world power claiming to be mild but shows otherwise. The fatal wound of the League of Nations was healed when the United Nations appeared. The UN thus being the 8th king of Revelation 17:11
The UN already sees a hauntingly dangerous religious climate brewing in today's world. Especially with religious terrorism. With backing the political UN can be strengthened to turn on the world's false religious groups.
You are correct in that the beast does not look like a lamb but you can almost imply that it comes claiming peace since the horns are like a lamb and not a goat, or a bull, or a ram.

I can't see the US and UK being the two horns. Neither country denies Christ and England was the cradle that nursed the Protestants. There is this unnatural desire on the part of both countries to go out of their way to appease Muslims. They can get away with just about anything and no one will say anything for fear of being called an Islamaphope. It's called the spirit of antichrist but neither country is the real deal. The whole world is kissing Islam's butt right now.

Many people in the past referred to the Islam as the spirit of antichrist (I agree it's not just a particular person but rather the spirit). Pope Innocent III, whomever wrote Marco Polo, Martin Luther (called them the antichrist of the East), John Wesley (founder of Methodist), Jonathan Edwards (of the Great Awakening fame), GK Chesterton, and Winston Churchill.

It's amazing to see many Christians (and I was one) have not seen what has been right under our noses. Not a day goes by that you can't read or hear about their wicked deeds in the name of their religion. NYC has now made it a policy that students have to celebrate Islamic holy days for crying out loud!!! Duke University just recently backed down from playing the Islamic call to prayer from a "Christian" church every day at 1pm. They will not stop until there is no religion but theirs and the Jews and Christians submit and worship allah. Now, how does that not sound like the spirit of antichrist?

Check out "Day of Siege" on Netflix. When the Muslims planned to conquer all Europe by crushing Vienna on Sept 11, 1683. Yeah, they're still butt hurt about 911 and the attack on NY was no coincidence.

Last edited by thomasroane; 03-05-2015 at 08:17 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2015, 08:45 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
You have to love a good conspiracy theory, must be time for another book?

Old 03-05-2015, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
You have to love a good conspiracy theory, must be time for another book?
I research for myself. If you're referring to Fortner I think he's on target for a lot of things. But there are many things I disagree with . Such as I don't think America is Babylon. I still think Catholicism is the Harlot. I'm not sure about his explanation of the first beast either. There's no way that the UK was one of the heads of the beast. You have to think for yourself and most importantly pray! We all have theories but nothing proven yet. But Islam already possess the spirit of antichrist and Muhammed is a false prophet. I don't know what I feel about the rest yet.

Old 03-05-2015, 09:27 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasroane View Post
I research for myself. If you're referring to Fortner I think he's on target for a lot of things. But there are many things I disagree with . Such as I don't think America is Babylon. I still think Catholicism is the Harlot. I'm not sure about his explanation of the first beast either. There's no way that the UK was one of the heads of the beast. You have to think for yourself and most importantly pray! We all have theories but nothing proven yet. But Islam already possess the spirit of antichrist and Muhammed is a false prophet. I don't know what I feel about the rest yet.
I haven't seen a Religion yet, that doesn't follow Catholicism in one form or another.

Old 03-05-2015, 09:36 PM

1,614 posts, read 1,245,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasroane View Post

There is this unnatural desire on the part of both countries to go out of their way to appease Muslims. They can get away with just about anything and no one will say anything for fear of being called an Islamaphope. It's called the spirit of antichrist but neither country is the real deal. The whole world is kissing Islam's butt right now.

Many people in the past referred to the Islam as the spirit of antichrist (I agree it's not just a particular person but rather the spirit). Pope Innocent III, whomever wrote Marco Polo, Martin Luther (called them the antichrist of the East), John Wesley (founder of Methodist), Jonathan Edwards (of the Great Awakening fame), GK Chesterton, and Winston Churchill.
Seriously? The spirit of anti-Christ was in the world when the New Testament was written. I don't think Islam existed then. You really should not be looking for the anti-Christ, rather looking for the Christ.

Old 03-05-2015, 09:47 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,573,294 times
I kind of wonder about Dick Cheney. He just seemed to give off this Dark uneasy feeling. I also think he is an evil man with a Dark Heart.

Old 03-06-2015, 03:22 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,808,992 times
I believe most has already been answered but yes the anti-christ is a spirit firstly and can manifest in multitudes of people at any given time and is obviously recognized by its denial of the Christ. Even in those who worship God can be in effect.
Pertaining to revelations prophet the beast of the Earth that has the power of the first 2 is not the same spirit obviously because it will claim divinity. It's Spirit will only be revealed in time.

Old 03-06-2015, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I haven't seen a Religion yet, that doesn't follow Catholicism in one form or another.
Don't misunderstand me. I'm not a Catholic hater. Satan has undoubtedly infiltrated every division of Christianity. In fact, any Protestant really owes a great debt to Thomas Aquinas for many reasons. Not the least was his theory on the Elect.

My reasons for classifying the Catholic Religion as the Babylon the Harlot goes back to their decision to institute man made customs and a hierarchy of authority which was the same sin Jesus chastised the Pharisees and Sadducees for. In the book of Revelation Jesus most harshly condemned the sin of the Nicolaitans. Then you have to look at all the corruption with Popes (such as the Medici Popes selling forgiveness) and the endless inquisitions of the Saints for not conforming with what the Pope believed.

Granted, the Protestants have blood on their hands as well. But the Catholic Church has been around longer and there are still issues such as child molestation. Not sure how I feel about the new Pope though. He seems like a humble person and maybe he can make a difference. Regardless, there are still many good Catholics that I believe are Saints who are bound for Heaven. I just believe that she will be punished for her past sins by God as that seems to be His way. Justice from Him is often slow because He is a compassionate, loving God.

Some scripture that backs this up.

Rev 17:3 dressed in purple and scarlet, and was glittering with gold...golden cup... Catholic Priests still wear Purple and Gold today. They also use Golden cups in communion.

Rev 17:6 drunk with the blood of God's holy people... Inquistions and countless Martyr's

Rev 17:7-8 She rides the beast but is not the beast. Catholicism has made some moves such as producing a pro-Islam course and even met with the grandson of Muslim Brotherhood founder Hassan al-Banna, Tariq Ramadan - the Swiss scholar who denies Israel’s right to life and who has been banned from entering the US because of his alleged association with extremists.

Islam - the first beast - will turn on the Catholic church and most likely devastate the Vatican and possibly assassinate the Pope. (Assassin is a term that originated with the Muslims btw)

1 Peter 5:12-14 Peter was in referring to his wife who was in Rome at the time. Peter called it Babylon.

Old 03-06-2015, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart_Song View Post
Seriously? The spirit of anti-Christ was in the world when the New Testament was written. I don't think Islam existed then. You really should not be looking for the anti-Christ, rather looking for the Christ.
Ah...Dur!! The spirit of antichrist has been there since the Lord's Birth! When Herod slayed all the male babies in Bethlehem, it was in the hearts of the Pharisees, Sadducees, etc. It really found a willing people in the Muslims to fulfill God's Word since Mohammed started the Islamic religion.

What is the topic of this thread? Don't lecture me about seeking Christ when you don't know me. Judge your own Faith, not mine. We are always to be yearning and hoping for His return. In the mean time we should be careful that we don't miss what He wants us to do in the present.

Physician heal thyself.

Old 03-06-2015, 09:05 AM

1,198 posts, read 1,180,220 times
Obama!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity