Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 07:31 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Sure I do. Luke 13.
Which verse in Luke 13 says God put condemnation upon man and man is done if he dies in unbelief ?.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2014, 07:31 PM

20,442 posts, read 12,798,703 times
John 3 is furthered explained here:

Romans 5:16

The gift is not like that which came through the one who sinned; for on the one hand the judgment arose from one transgression resulting in condemnation, but on the other hand the free gift arose from many transgressions resulting in justification.

Old 08-18-2014, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
which verse in luke 13 says god put condemnation upon man and man is done if he dies in unbelief ?.

Old 08-18-2014, 07:37 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,498,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I think He will have mercy and compassion on infants.
I have to limit myself only to what scriptures teach:
1 Samuel 16:7
.... The Lord does not look at the things people look at.
People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.

which means what is God looking at when this is said:
Psalm 22:9
Yet you brought me out of the womb; you made me trust in you, even at my mother’s breast.

Psalm 58:3
Even from birth the wicked go astray; from the womb they are wayward, spreading lies.
Is it not "mercy and compassion" in Psalm 22:9 when faith is not dependent on God's gift being a decision?
Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

not ..... but the gift being the ability to choose and understand what is going on.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The truth is the fact anybody is saved at all is because of mercy and compassion ....
"God is no respecter of persons" ..... Acts 10:34

Old 08-18-2014, 07:37 PM

Quote:
John 3 is furthered explained here:

Romans 5:16

The gift is not like that which came through the one who sinned; for on the one hand the judgment arose from one transgression resulting in condemnation, but on the other hand the free gift arose from many transgressions resulting in justification.
I am amazed you have only just quoted this verse. Can you point out where it says condemnation comes from God.

Do you understand the law of reaping and sowing?. That what we sow is what we reap.

Whoever sows to please their flesh, FROM THE FLESH will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.

This is what most christians see when they read that same verse...........Whoever sows to please their flesh, FROM GOD will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.

Old 08-18-2014, 07:39 PM

Quote:
You are going to have to do better than that jimmie.

Old 08-18-2014, 08:04 PM

Quote:
I am amazed you have only just quoted this verse. Can you point out where it says condemnation comes from God.

Do you understand the law of reaping and sowing?. That what we sow is what we reap.

Whoever sows to please their flesh, FROM THE FLESH will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.

This is what most christians see when they read that same verse...........Whoever sows to please their flesh, FROM GOD will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.
Isaiah 59

2 Your iniquities have made a separation
between you and your God,
and your sins have hidden his face from you
so that he does not hear.

Old 08-18-2014, 08:06 PM

Quote:
You are going to have to do better than that jimmie.
Explain please. The master shuts the door. No one else is allowed in. ???

Old 08-19-2014, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Explain please. The master shuts the door. No one else is allowed in. ???
Explain how it condemning the world to eternal separation. Did you know the door to the kingdom( not heaven but all that pertains to God)is basically shut until to the jews as a "nation" they say blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord

Old 08-19-2014, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Isaiah 59

2 Your iniquities have made a separation
between you and your God,
and your sins have hidden his face from you
so that he does not hear.
Of cause, because that is what we have been taught when we fall, that God is mad and angry with us. We are told that God separated himself from us, that is a lie of race belief, we in our guilt just think that is what happened.

Then the good news of God was in Christ reconciling the world "to himself", how ?. By not holding the sin of the people against them( like they have always believed and been taught to believe). I know i know, we cannot have a God so abounding in generosity of love, grace and mercy, he needs to get mad at least once in a while to show he is God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity