Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 09:52 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,787,954 times

Advertisements

There are many different views on the people of God and who they are. Here is a verse that describes them. Do you think it stands today? Jesus said something similar. Can you post it?

Zechariah 8:8 KJV

And I will bring them, and they shall dwell in the midst of Jerusalem: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God, in truth and in righteousness
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2014, 07:56 AM

"Genuine worshipers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth" (Jesus)

Old 09-18-2014, 10:12 AM

3,671 posts, read 2,246,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
There are many different views on the people of God and who they are. Here is a verse that describes them. Do you think it stands today? Jesus said something similar. Can you post it?

Zechariah 8:8 KJV

And I will bring them, and they shall dwell in the midst of Jerusalem: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God, in truth and in righteousness
GINOLJC , TO ALL
who is really the people of God?, two fold. Jews and Gentiles. Isaiah 1:9 "Except the LORD of hosts had left unto us a very small remnant, we should have been as Sodom, and we should have been like unto Gomorrah. Good news for both. understand, the old testament, which is a shadow of the new. as with Moses, when he was sent to the children in the house of bondage. and out of Egypt, and out of physical bondage with him came strangers also. supportive scripture, Exodus 12:37 "And the children of Israel journeyed from Rameses to Succoth, about six hundred thousand on foot that were men, beside children. 38 And a mixed multitude went up also with them; and flocks, and herds, even very much cattle. so like wise with the Lord Jesus, who is God in flesh. he came to a people in bondage, spiritual bondage. and he God, as he did with Moses, delivered, and is still delivering both Jews, and mixed multitude, better known as strangers/Gentiles. the strangers are delivered just as the Jew. supportive scripture, Ephesians 2:11 "Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; 12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world. 13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. 14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; 15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; 16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby: 17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh. 18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father 19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God”.

Jews and Gentiles make up the House of God. and God, who is Jesus the Christ is over his house. OT, Genesis 49:10 "The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be. 11 Binding his foal unto the vine, and his ass's colt unto the choice vine; he washed his garments in wine, and his clothes in the blood of grapes: 12 His eyes shall be red with wine, and his teeth white with milk. here, the term Shiloh, means Messiah, or Christ, then the gathering of the people will be. was done at Pentecost, Acts 2:5 "And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven. and some was proselytes, (Gentile Jews). but the others that are not of this flock is related to Abraham by FAITH, and not by blood. for in him came the SEED, and the SEED is by promise in FAITH, which is Spiritual. so who is a Jew, Good question, answer, Romans 2:28 "For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: 29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God”. so, whosoever “FOLLOW” the Spirit is God’s people, for he will dwell in them, supportive scripture, Jeremiah 31:31 "Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: 32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: 33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. THAT DAY IS TODAY, by FAITH. for the Holy Ghost dwell in us.

Old 09-18-2014, 10:29 AM

Quote:
101c

"After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law within them, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people”. THAT DAY IS TODAY, by FAITH. for the Holy Ghost dwell in us."
It is Gods law that is in them but Paul said the law is void where as here God says no His people have the law, the truth and righteousness.

Old 09-18-2014, 10:42 AM

Quote:
It is Gods law that is in them but Paul said the law is void where as here God says no His people have the law, the truth and righteousness.
you misunderstand, listen,
. Hebrews 7:11 "If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron?12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law. peacegiver, I ask you, do you walk by Faith, or by the Law?, which one?.

Old 09-18-2014, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
you misunderstand, listen,
. Hebrews 7:11 "If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron?12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law. peacegiver, I ask you, do you walk by Faith, or by the Law?, which one?.
Those who belong to God walk in the law, the truth and in faithfulness. I belong to God and I keep His word.

You are confused,the law of the Pharisees was not the law of the Lord.

Think on this;

Psalm;

"Your righteousness is an everlasting righteousness and your law is the truth."

Old 09-18-2014, 01:00 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,415,814 times
Quote:
Those who belong to God walk in the law, the truth and in faithfulness. I belong to God and I keep His word.

Think on this;

Psalm;

The difference between the law God gave Moses and God's laws from the beginning and later expounded on by Jesus and the Apostles.

Old 09-18-2014, 01:55 PM

Quote:

Think on this;

Psalm;

you still don't get it, do you. I see you missed the key word in Hebrews 7:12, oh well, listen, Galatians 3:10 "For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them (I hope that got your attention now). 11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith”. did you get it now?. if not, one more time, Galatians 3:22 "But the scripture hath concluded all under sin,(what did that just tell you peacegiver?), that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe 23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed. 24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith 25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster. 26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. did you get that peacegiver?. now listen, 27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. now to live in Christ one must be baptized in him, that's important. for it is not you who live, but Christ in you. I hope you got that too.

now, just for you peacegiver, Galatians 4:21 "Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law?” so peacegiver, since you insist to be under the Law, finish reading the chapter. verses 22-31.

“where there is knowledge, stay not ignorant”.

Old 09-18-2014, 03:07 PM

9,692 posts, read 10,030,708 times
Like God said ` and they will be my people , and I will their God , in truth and righteousness ` for the Old Testament , and now with the New Testament with Lord Jesus and His covenant ,```Those who are obedient to Jesus will be their God , as all truth comes through Jesus Christ , and all righteousness comes through Lord Jesus Christ .......

Old 09-18-2014, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
you still don't get it, do you. I see you missed the key word in Hebrews 7:12, oh well, listen, Galatians 3:10 "For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them (I hope that got your attention now). 11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith”. did you get it now?. if not, one more time, Galatians 3:22 "But the scripture hath concluded all under sin,(what did that just tell you peacegiver?), that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe 23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed. 24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith 25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster. 26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. did you get that peacegiver?. now listen, 27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. now to live in Christ one must be baptized in him, that's important. for it is not you who live, but Christ in you. I hope you got that too.

now, just for you peacegiver, Galatians 4:21 "Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law?” so peacegiver, since you insist to be under the Law, finish reading the chapter. verses 22-31.

“where there is knowledge, stay not ignorant”.
I can't believe you are still in the dark. Paul did not follow Jesus so you do not either because you rely on his word and not the word of the son of man. Let me guide you to knowledge.

"The just shall live by faithfulness."

Being faithful to God is serving Him as His messenger. Paul makes another fatal mistake in his interpretation of scripture there. You see, the son of man says that those who have faith in him do the works He did. It is a work to believe. It is not faith that He died for your sins. He didn't. He said to follow Him and as these two verses show that those who are just or righteous do what Jesus did which was spreading God's word.

"The just mans mouth speaks wisdom and his tongue does what is right, the law of his God is in his heart and he will not stumble."

That verse says the just or righteous speak the truth, the wisdom of God and do what is right by the law of the Lord which comes from the heart of the servant of God and they do not stumble but are justified by their words which are the words of God.

To be in the son of man is to walk in the law of the Lord and keep His word.

I walk in the law of the Lord and I keep His word.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity