Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2014, 07:59 PM

14,885 posts, read 17,164,304 times

Advertisements

I looked up the meaning in the original language, 101c. What is your view? Greetings to you too and God bless.

Old 09-29-2014, 08:43 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,244,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
I looked up the meaning in the original language, 101c. What is your view? Greetings to you too and God bless.
you sure want to know don't you. I’ll give you a hint, SUBJECT: G5293 ὑποτάσσω hupotasso (hoop-ot-as'-so) v. According to Noah Webster's 1828 Dictionary of American English. the Greek word, here, G5293 ὑποτάσσω hupotasso, this word is used as a verb, and not a noun. (that will alert one quickly). which mean, According to Noah Webster, the second definition, To put under or within the power of. that's the revelation about "subject", to put within. now,

be: in old english, the use of “be”, as in be subject, Used by the KJV, is a weak form of, bi, "by", the unstressed variant of, bī. lets see the definition as it is uses as a prep. #1. used to indicate the person responsible for a creative work.. like in “by” myself when he, JESUS, created the worlds. #2. as a (copula ) used as a linking verb between the subject of a sentence and its noun or adjective. scripture, 28 “And when all things shall besubdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all”. did you see that Shana?. if not,.... here it is.
verse 28 "And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all". notice what it did not say, , NOT THAT THE “FATHER”, MAY BE ALL IN ALL, BUT “GOD”. that which was "allos", or the share spirit, the numerical difference, will no longer be, the son?, why, because when the kingdom is delivered up, there will be no loger a need for a mediator, which the Son is. but he, the Son will be WITHIN the power of God, or as (one), or “with” the Spirit as was in the beginning, just as John 1:1 states, but now with a GLORIFIED body which dwell the fullness of the Godhead bodily. (this I will explain in detail later).

I hope this will get you started

now mind sharing a little bit of your finding?.

Old 09-30-2014, 06:53 AM

GINOLJC to all.
First things first. The HOLY SPIRIT is the only person in the Godhead, period. understand this first.
the HOLY SPIRIT is GOD, alone. and have the titles “Father”, and “Son”.
you have been programed, by teaching, to saying , Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit. the TIME have come to Say the truth, the Holy Spirit only.
the correct order is the Holy Spirit, (God), who holds the titles , “Father”, and “Son”, that’s it. there is only one God, and he is DIVERSIFED in Flesh, and bones, (Lord). lets Get to the point quick and EARLY.

Genesis 1:1 "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. 2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. STOP,........... GOD is a SPIRIT, John 4:24 "God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. is not God a PERSON?, YES, case closed right there. I really don’t have to go any further. the HOLY GHOST, or the HOLY SPIRIT is GOD himself. and the same self Spirit. listen closely, 1 Corinthians 12:8-11. verse 8 "For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit”. where do wisdom come from?, answer, James 1:5 " If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him”. who gave the wisdom?, God the Holy Spirit. verse 9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit. Romans 12:3 "For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith. who gave the Faith?, God the Holy Spirit. verse 10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues”. do I really have to answer this verse?. next verse 11 NOW LISTEN REAL GOOD....... 11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will”. now lets see who do the “WORK”, go back to be beginning of this very chapter, 1 Corinthians 12:6 "And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all. who it is?, God, the Holy Spirit, and his PERSONAL Name is JESUS.

Now, what did I just do here?. from the Old testament to the NEW testament I have Just establish the fact that, in the Bible when you see the word Spirit you’re speaking of God directly. hence, the Spirit of God is God himself, for there is no other. not beside him, not over, or next to him in any kind of way. he is the Lord and God all "BY" HIMSELF.

Here is the true order.
the Holy Spirit. = Father, and Son, end of story. don’t add, or take anything away. Just RIGHTLY DIVIDE. see, our mind set is what we been told, father, son, and holy ghost, in that order. NO, the true order is HOLY SPIRIT, PERIOD, Only one God, and, and, Jesus Christ, the diversity, him we crucified. are you seeing the picture now?. for years, and years, we have been program to think Father, son, and Holy Spirit. some say it so much, until they can even sing it. well those “DAYS”, are OVER. I’m in the mindset of my Lord and Saviour, speak the truth. it first start with a change of our current mindset. scripture, Romans 12:2 "And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.” how is this RENEWING of one’s MIND is done?. Ephesians 4:18 "Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart: 19 Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness. 20 But ye have not so learned Christ; 21 If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus: 22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; 23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind”. yes, that carnal mind is no good, when it come to the things of God. we must put off the old man. I’m in agrement with the apostle paul, you have a ZEAL for God, that's very good, but it is without knowledge. that I commend you, because you seek God, the Spirit. but we must study to show ourselves approve of God. we cannot stay in ignorance any longer. for the prince of this world have blinded a many eyes. I cannot say nothing, about anyone, because my eyes was once blinded, but now I see. not with my natural eyse, but with my Spiritual eyes.

now, before we get to John chapter14, lets see some examples in scriptures. take note, when you lie to the Spirit, the Holy Ghost, you lie to GOD, who is the only PERSON that is called God. Acts 5:1 "But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession, 2 And kept back part of the price, his wife also being privy to it, and brought a certain part, and laid it at the apostles' feet. 3 But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land? 4 Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God. (but it gets better), 5 And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the ghost: and great fear came on all them that heard these things. 6 And the young men arose, wound him up, and carried him out, and buried him. 7 And it was about the space of three hours after, when his wife, not knowing what was done, came in. 8 And Peter answered unto her, Tell me whether ye sold the land for so much? And she said, Yea, for so much. 9 Then Peter said unto her, How is it that ye have agreed together to tempt the Spirit of the Lord? behold, the feet of them which have buried thy husband are at the door, and shall carry thee out. HOLD IT, the Spirit of the Lord?. YES, and note the cap in “Spirit”, and Lord. scripture, 2 Corinthians 3:17 "Now the Lord is that Spirit”. I used these scriptures to get us ready for John chapter14, especially the part about the Spirit of the Lord.

P.S. as to God as Spirit, we can connect many titles to the Spirit, Redeemer, LORD of Host, the First and the Last, the Holy One, the Rock, it can go on and on..... but all of these titles will come right back to the HOLY SPIRIT. be blessed.

Old 09-30-2014, 10:42 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,403,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
in RED, LOL,.......... CA, there is only ONE GOD. think, if it's one God then he is all of the MIGHT, see you have two Gods. a mighty, and a Almighty, that's Henotheism straight out of the devils mouth.

oh well, and no, the Holy Spirit is no "FORCE", (smile).
Hi,

God's word on the subject.

KJV Deuteronomy 10:17 For the LORD your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward:

NIV Daniel 11:36 "The king will do as he pleases. He will exalt and magnify himself above every god and will say unheard-of things against the God of gods. He will be successful until the time of wrath is completed, for what has been determined must take place.

Now is God a God of non existent gods or false gods? Nope. the angels are also called God's and even The Jews and Paul knew this.

ASV Psalm 8:5 For thou hast made him but little lower than God, And crownest him with glory and honor.

Note the Hebrew here is Elohim.

The LXX rendered it:

LXE Psalm 8:5 Thou madest him a little less than angels, thou hast crowned him with glory and honour;

Greek aggellous

ESV Hebrews 2:7 You made him for a little while lower than the angels; you have crowned him with glory and honor,

NAB Hebrews 2:9 but we do see Jesus "crowned with glory and honor" because he suffered death, he who "for a little while" was made "lower than the angels," that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone.

It isn't nature or essence that is the issue as all heavenly beings share the same nature or essence, it is position VS absolute position. Mighty VS Almighty.

So what is the "Holy Spirit"?

Old 09-30-2014, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Hi,

you must have missed all of the post here on the topic. the term Holy Spirit is an Epithet, or an appellation of the Spirit. Holy identify his character, and Spirit identify his nature. which means God is a Spirit, (see John 4:24). and there is ONLY one Spirit, and he is Holy. be ye Holy for I'm Holy. it's just that simple. the Holy Spirit is God, those titles "Father", and "Son" are just that titles, not persons.

and the Holy Spirit, who is God is all power. is wisdom, is knowledge...ect.... simply put GOD.

remember CA, God is a WHO.

Old 09-30-2014, 11:16 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,403,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
you must have missed all of the post here on the topic. the term Holy Spirit is an Epithet, or an appellation of the Spirit. Holy identify his character, and Spirit identify his nature. which means God is a Spirit, (see John 4:24). and there is ONLY one Spirit, and he is Holy. be ye Holy for I'm Holy. it's just that simple. the Holy Spirit is God, those titles "Father", and "Son" are just that titles, not persons.

and the Holy Spirit, who is God is all power. is wisdom, is knowledge...ect.... simply put GOD.

remember CA, God is a WHO.
Hi,

To some extent I agree with you. At work now so will write more later.

Old 09-30-2014, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Hi,

It isn't nature or essence that is the issue as all heavenly beings share the same nature or essence, it is position VS absolute position. Mighty VS Almighty.

sorry it is not about position, nor power vs power. God holds all positions, and power. and no not all beings share the same nature, read 1 Cor. 15:39-44.

but it is about LIFE, and in him we have our being, and movement. see acts 17:28-30

see CA, God is everything, including us. he holds everything together, nothing exist outside of him.

when I said God is a "WHO". that means he is a LIVING God. and all life is in him. be it angels, powers, or principalities all are in him.

Old 09-30-2014, 01:44 PM

ok, John 14, “IS JESUS THE CHRIST, GOD?.” I say YES. lets take one step at a time.

Premise #1. who sent the comforter?.
John 14:16 "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever”. John 14:26 "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

now, our Lord Jesus cannot LIE. clearly he said that the Father will send the the comforter, or the Holy Ghost. but lets see what else he said, Luke 24:49 "And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high. here clearly the Lord Jesus is saying that he was sending the comforter, the promise. lets support this, John 16:7 "Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. clearly the Lord Jesus is sending the Holy Spirit.

now, we have a slight problem. and here it is. either the Lord Jesus is lying about him sending the Holy Spirit, God forbid, or, or, or, he is the Father. now take your pick. it’s either one or the other.

Premise #2. John 14:18 "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

again, if Jesus is not now with us as he was with them, then he broke his promise, by saying “I will come to you”. and if he’s not with us, then he’s a lier, God forbid. there is no other choice, either he is with us or he lies. I say he is with us. scripture, John 14:19 "Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also. 20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you. 21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him. LISTEN TO THIS VERY NEXT VERSE, IT IS SO IMPORTANT, listen to what Judas ask him. verse 22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?”. STOP, good question Judas. he asked, “how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us”, because remember, he said that he will come to them, and "MANIFEST" himself, himself, to them. and Judas asked, HOW. well, let the bible answer that question, 1 Corinthians 12:7 "But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal. STOP, what did Judas ask? “how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us”. that’s how, in the Spirit, not in flesh and bone, but in Spirit, and when did this happen, answer, on the day of Pentecost, scripture, Acts 2:1 "And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. 2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. 3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. 4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance. that’s how the Lord Jesus manifested unto them. he CAME unto then in his Spirit. let me shake your memory, 1 Corinthians 12:7 "But the manifestationof the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal. and one of the manifestation is speaking in tongue, 1 Corinthians 12:10 " To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues”. this is GOD doing, or his WORK. and it was the Lord JESUS who said, “ I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you”, and he said that he would "MANIFEST", HIMSELF, HIMSELF, HIMSELF, did one get that?, MANIFEST HIMSELF. and who showed up, THE HOLY GHOST, and the HOLY GHOST is GOD. which means that the LORD JESUS is GOD the HOLY SPIRIT. let that sink in a little...........and he came on the DAY of PENTECOST. so our Lord JESUS is no lier. just as he told the truth here, he told the truth by sending his Spirit, because he is the “FATHER” in SPIRIT, and the "SON" in flesh and bone, (smile), now you know what that means...................

Glory to our GOD, the Lord JESUS.

peace. and May the Lord JESUS open your eyes.

Old 09-30-2014, 03:57 PM

Hi 101c,

hupotasso-
  1. arrange under, to subordinate
  2. to subject, put in subjection
  3. to subject one's self, obey
  4. to submit to one's control
  5. to yield to one's admonition or advice
  6. to obey, be subject
  7. A Greek military term meaning "to arrange [troop divisions] in amilitary fashion under the command of a leader". In non-military use,it was "a voluntary attitude of giving in, cooperating, assumingresponsibility, and carrying a burden".
In considering the context of the passage in 1 Cor. 15, I believe that the Father is the One who will be all in all. It is the same Father that Jesus revealed to be the One and Only True God, and it is the same Father and God that He prayed to.

1 Corinthians 15

"20 But now Christ has been raised from the dead, the first fruits of those who are asleep. 21 For since by a man came death, by a man also came the resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive. 23 But each in his own order: Christ the first fruits, after that those who are Christ’s at His coming, 24 then comes the end, when He hands over the kingdom to the God and Father, when He has abolished all rule and all authority and power. 25 For He must reign until He has put all His enemies under His feet. 26 The last enemy that will be abolished is death. 27 For He has put all things in subjection under His feet. But when He says, “All things are put in subjection,” it is evident that He is excepted who put all things in subjection to Him. 28 When all things are subjected to Him, then the Son Himself also will be subjected to the One who subjected all things to Him, so that God may be all in all."

Jesus will hand the kingdom over to the Father. This is the same Father who put all things in subjection to Jesus. Jesus is the One who is acting on behalf of the Father. The Only One who will not be put in subjection to Jesus, will be the Father, the One and Only True God (He is excepted). Jesus will be under the Father with the Father as the head (as has been revealed in other scripture-The Father is the head of Jesus) with all others under them both, for the purpose of God being all in all. God bless.

Old 09-30-2014, 04:02 PM

Hi 101c,

hupotasso-
  1. arrange under, to subordinate
  2. to subject, put in subjection
  3. to subject one's self, obey
  4. to submit to one's control
  5. to yield to one's admonition or advice
  6. to obey, be subject
  7. A Greek military term meaning "to arrange [troop divisions] in amilitary fashion under the command of a leader". In non-military use,it was "a voluntary attitude of giving in, cooperating, assumingresponsibility, and carrying a burden".
In considering the context of the passage in 1 Cor. 15, I believe that the Father is the One who will be all in all. It is the same Father that Jesus revealed to be the One and Only True God, and it is the same Father and God that He prayed to.

1 Corinthians 15

"20 But now Christ has been raised from the dead, the first fruits of those who are asleep. 21 For since by a man came death, by a man also came the resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive. 23 But each in his own order: Christ the first fruits, after that those who are Christ’s at His coming, 24 then comes the end, when He hands over the kingdom to the God and Father, when He has abolished all rule and all authority and power. 25 For He must reign until He has put all His enemies under His feet. 26 The last enemy that will be abolished is death. 27 For He has put all things in subjection under His feet. But when He says, “All things are put in subjection,” it is evident that He is excepted who put all things in subjection to Him. 28 When all things are subjected to Him, then the Son Himself also will be subjected to the One who subjected all things to Him, so that God may be all in all."

Jesus will hand the kingdom over to the Father. This is the same Father who put all things in subjection to Jesus. Jesus is the One who is acting on behalf of the Father. The Only One who will not be put in subjection to Jesus, will be the Father, the One and Only True God (He is excepted). Jesus will be under the Father with the Father as the head (as has been revealed in other scripture-The Father is the head of Jesus) with all others under them both, for the purpose of God being all in all.

John 17:American Standard Bible (NASB)

17 Jesus spoke these things; and lifting up His eyes to heaven, He said, “Father, the hour has come; glorify Your Son, that the Son may glorify You, 2 even as You gave Him authority over all flesh, that to all whom You have given Him, He may give eternal(aionion) life. 3 This is eternal (aionion) life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent. 4 I glorified You on the earth, having accomplished the work which You have given Me to do.

God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 09-30-2014 at 04:50 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity