Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2014, 01:37 AM

1,135 posts, read 1,313,002 times

Advertisements

"To glorify him" is the main answer I hear and I'm sick of it. Was He so bored that he created an entire civilization just to feel validated? Theres gotta be a better answer than this. I've been a Christian my whole life but recently I'm starting to question alot of things. Spreading the "good news" is starting to mean less to me.Christ died for us....yes he died for an entire world who never asked to be created in the first place and now we must devote our entire existence doing what exactly? Also, when you REALLY think about the garden of eden story it sounds almost as ridiculous as the big bang. I hate to admit I even think these things but I've thought them for a while now and just dismissed as my mind wandering. But the older I've gotten the more these questions keep coming to my head. What do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2014, 03:05 AM

9,690 posts, read 10,020,758 times
See we worship the Lord for to develop our heart into a loving heart , like the Lord would not have us worship in spirit and in truth if we just despise him , as that is nonsense ...Christians need to develop a love for God which God will bring for His Children supernaturally who obey and seek Him , see the love of God naturally will be hindered by the spirit of this world ........God created man to be His family as man can interact with God mentally , and when God adds His Spirit , man can interact with God spiritually ......... See the other animals of the world were not developed for complete interaction with God as they do not respond to God , but man was created with these interaction in mind of God ..... Still man needs to seek the Lord and His promise of Jesus Christ and then God can develop man to a complete man with His spirit of Christ

Old 10-25-2014, 03:20 AM

33,236 posts, read 26,455,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.2089 View Post
"To glorify him" is the main answer I hear and I'm sick of it. Was He so bored that he created an entire civilization just to feel validated? Theres gotta be a better answer than this. I've been a Christian my whole life but recently I'm starting to question alot of things. Spreading the "good news" is starting to mean less to me.Christ died for us....yes he died for an entire world who never asked to be created in the first place and now we must devote our entire existence doing what exactly? Also, when you REALLY think about the garden of eden story it sounds almost as ridiculous as the big bang. I hate to admit I even think these things but I've thought them for a while now and just dismissed as my mind wandering. But the older I've gotten the more these questions keep coming to my head. What do you think?
There are two reasons why God created man. 1.) To bring many sons into glory (Heb. 2:10-11), and 2.) To resolve the spiritual warfare of the angelic conflict. See my thread from Feb. 2010 below.

The Angelic Conflict; the Spiritual Warfare

Old 10-25-2014, 06:46 AM

14,885 posts, read 17,164,304 times
Quote:

"To glorify him" is the main answer I hear and I'm sick of it. Was He so
bored that he created an entire civilization just to feel validated?
I am sorry that you feel this way. God is love and He is good. He is all that is good and right. There is nothing greater than love. I will never be sick of knowing that God created us to glorify love, righteousness, and all that is good. Would you rather that evil and hatred be glorified? Yes, He is bringing many sons to glory which will eventually include all people who were made for Him. He is making us into His image, His likeness and this is good. We are His creations and everything that we are going through has a higher purpose. It is all good. God bless.

Old 10-25-2014, 07:17 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,230,000 times
Zechariah 13:6 And one shall say unto Him 'what are these wounds in thine hand?' Then He shall answer, 'Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends.'

For fellowship. We are the only ones created in his image with the ability to comprehend God, choose to have him come into our lives, and communicate with God which constitutes a valid relationship.

It doesn't validate Him, it actually validates us through this relationship because God is the only life-giving entity. There is no other source of life.

Old 10-25-2014, 08:25 AM

23,162 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Quote:

All God does is multiply himself, that's all.

I believe there are countless of worlds out there, and that there always has been. and that the bible has been given to all people in the universe, and this has been going on forever, and will go on forever.

We begin as animals in this flesh, but we can become born again and if we walk in Passover, we can truly be given a child to raise, and raising a child in the entire goal of the bible.

You are given a piece of God within your own household, and you are to study and learn the milk of the word because there is a baby inside you and he needs to grow.

If you put this child in a corner and you go your own way, it is child abuse.

You have to give it the milk of the word until you begin eating true meat, understanding great truths.

Revelation 14 is the end goal of life, we see 144,000 virgins giving birth to full grown men that they have raised themselves, and all men who have obtained this goal throughout history are right there at firstfruits whether they lived a thousand years ago or living today, whoever has raised a full grown man obtains the reward of first resurrection.

There are countless of brides to God, but just being a bride is salvation, not reward.

Revelation 2 shows us exactly what reward we hope in, but not very many obtain the reward.

If you become an overcomer, then Jesus gives you the promises that his father gave to him.

The promises given to the son of God is that he would come to this world and die, but through that death, Jesus gained a bride because his spirit was then sent to become one with us.

Jesus rules the nations from within his followers, but the overcomers are given this same promise, and this is astounding because of what it insinuates.

It insinuates that God has given us a piece of him, and if we raise this child, and also become overcomers, then what has happened?

God is training other people to go into other worlds to also be sons of God who will rule the nations with a rod of iron.

The same promises given to Jesus is given to the very few over comers, these promises can only become true if the overcomer is then sent to another world to do what Jesus did on this world.

Old 10-25-2014, 08:29 AM

3,671 posts, read 2,244,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
one don't have to go any further, amen

Old 10-25-2014, 11:14 AM

2 posts, read 2,196 times
Quote:

Now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter: Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the duty of all mankind.(Ecclesiastes 12:13)

Old 10-25-2014, 11:45 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
God created us for what exactly?

I don't think there was a reason.

Life happened. And we became part of it.

Old 10-25-2014, 12:08 PM

14,885 posts, read 17,164,304 times
Quote:

If you think about it, God is complete within Himself and does not need to multiply Himself but He is a Giver. He creates, builds, designs, heals. He is amazing. I am glad that He created us. Just thinking. God bless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity