Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where is the kingdom of God?
The kingdom of God is in you. 17 68.00%
The kingdom of God is among the people. 5 20.00%
I do not know where the kingdom of God is. 3 12.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2014, 08:19 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,789,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Saved [ rescued / delivered ] from what ?
From death.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2014, 03:30 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,939,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
....What could be better news then that mankind in general will see a return of the Genesis ' tree of life ' on earth ?
That life NOW can be "more abundant" as we live in the love of God and our fellow humans, respecting the world around us.

Old 12-04-2014, 07:42 AM

The righteous live in the love of God and the truthful live in His mercy.

Old 12-04-2014, 01:44 PM

1,543 posts, read 1,315,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemygirl View Post
I could not find the thread. Perhaps you could provide a link? I can answer the question you asked right here. No, God does not approve of denominations.
Katiemygirl,
The first item on thread ARE DENOMINATIONS APPROVED BY GOD:
I believe that God does not approve of divisions in His church. The apostle Paul admonished the brethren in 1 Cor. 1:10 "That ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you."
Jesus told His Apostles that "He that hears you hears Me, and he that hears Me hears Him that sent me." Since Paul repeatedly referred to himself as being an Apostle, called by Jesus Christ, How do we justify getting so far from the words of Paul?
Best wishes to all who desire to know and DO the will of our heavenly Father,
Bob Prince

Old 12-04-2014, 03:29 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,924,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
"All those who call on the name of the Lord will be saved."

Except These--Matt 7:21-23-- Why do you think that is???? Because some teachings are but a partial piece of a whole truth. In the NT there are many things required of a mortal to get saved. Believing is but 1. Every wise mortal that has enough love for God and Jesus--learn all of Jesus' truths and apply them daily.
Here is a very serious teaching from Jesus Few do.

Man does not live by bread( sustain physical health) alone, but by every utterance from God( sustain spiritual health).--- This means--one must learn and apply every utterance from God.-- see that one is a little tougher than just belief. Takes years of study to get a deep understanding of the ot and nt( every utterance) Seems many just toss Jesus' truths to the side at their convienience--- not good.
Jesus says Many here at Matt 7:21-23-- Anyone that wants to serve Jesus, need to do the above. And this im[portant truth as well--John 4:22-24--The Father= Jehovah.

Old 12-05-2014, 03:21 PM

1,543 posts, read 1,315,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Except These--Matt 7:21-23-- Why do you think that is???? Because some teachings are but a partial piece of a whole truth. In the NT there are many things required of a mortal to get saved. Believing is but 1. Every wise mortal that has enough love for God and Jesus--learn all of Jesus' truths and apply them daily.

Man does not live by bread( sustain physical health) alone, but by every utterance from God( sustain spiritual health).--- This means--one must learn and apply every utterance from God.-- see that one is a little tougher than just belief. Takes years of study to get a deep understanding of the ot and nt( every utterance) Seems many just toss Jesus' truths to the side at their convienience--- not good.
Jesus says Many here at Matt 7:21-23-- Anyone that wants to serve Jesus, need to do the above. And this im[portant truth as well--John 4:22-24--The Father= Jehovah.
A very good post, and see the beginning post on thread, THIS I BELIEVE. and you will see that I agree with just about everything you say. The same is on my last post on thread, ARE DENOMINATIONS APPROVED BY GOD?

Old 12-06-2014, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post

Calling on the name of the Lord requires serving the Lord in spirit and in truth. The name of the Lord is not a single noun. It is revealed to those whom the Father gives to the son of man because no one knows the son except the Father and no one knows the Father except the son and whoever the son will reveal Him.

Many think, to their own destruction, it is as man thinks but God's ways are not man's ways and my peace which I give freely is not of the world.

The Lord says this;

"I shall purify the lips of the people so they will all call upon the name of the Lord to serve Him with one accord."

Old 12-06-2014, 02:14 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,924,824 times
Quote:
Calling on the name of the Lord requires serving the Lord in spirit and in truth. The name of the Lord is not a single noun. It is revealed to those whom the Father gives to the son of man because no one knows the son except the Father and no one knows the Father except the son and whoever the son will reveal Him.

Many think, to their own destruction, it is as man thinks but God's ways are not man's ways and my peace which I give freely is not of the world.

The Lord says this;

"I shall purify the lips of the people so they will all call upon the name of the Lord to serve Him with one accord."

Yes--truth--and where does one find that in light of Daniel 12:4)

That name mentioned in your scripture is YHWH(Jehovah) Same in the Lords prayer--Hallowed be thy name--Jehovah)Psalm 83:18--- This name belongs there instead of-LORD.
This is truth--John 4:22-24

Old 12-06-2014, 04:11 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,426,251 times
Quote:
The Lord says this;

Source please ?????

Old 12-06-2014, 07:21 PM

Quote:
The Lord says this;

Quote:
expatca

Source please ????
Zephaniah 3:9
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity