Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2014, 07:37 AM

4,217 posts, read 2,788,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopRidge View Post
When did you take the place of Jesus and become the shepherd?
When I accepted His words and mission that He gives to those who truly follow Him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2014, 08:04 AM

518 posts, read 470,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
When I accepted His words and mission that He gives to those who truly follow Him.
I reject you as a false christ and in fact no christ at all. There is help for those who think they are Jesus.

Old 12-29-2014, 08:44 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,983,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA
Nope, taking one verse from Paul's writings and ignoring those on the same subject lead to a false understanding. Paul clearly spoke of not just being saved by grace, but doing what God and Christ want.

ASV Ephesians 4:1 I therefore, the prisoner in the Lord, beseech you to walk worthily of the calling wherewith ye were called,

1 Thessalonians 2:12 12 to the end that ye should walk worthily of God, who calleth you into his own kingdom and glory

2 Timothy 2:19 19 Howbeit the firm foundation of God standeth, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his: and, Let every one that nameth the name of the Lord depart from unrighteousness.

Peter agrees:

2 Peter 1:10 10 Wherefore, brethren, give the more diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never stumble:

Those who quote a few scriptures to claim those saved need do nothing, are ignoring God's word on the subject.
Those were not COMMANDMENTS given by the apostle Paul which MUST be obeyed in order to receive gratuitous grace and salvation. Rather, since Paul already said we are saved by grace and not by works because he said if we are saved by works then God owes us and it is no longer grace, then, therefore, your verses above by Paul are meant to be taken as the ideal we are to follow.

The last verse was not written to believers of the nations but to the dispersed Jews of the Circumcision who had to remain faithful to the end or they would not be saved for age-during life to come.

Old 12-29-2014, 11:36 AM

63,872 posts, read 40,149,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The degree of confusion about this salvation business is quite troubling. Why is it so difficult to comprehend that WE have NOTHING (that really, truly MEANS nothing) to do with our salvation? Christ did that part for us. We did not do anything to be saved and we cannot do anything to be unsaved. Salvation has nothing to do with us. It is all Christ and it is finished. That is the Good News. But we DO need sanctification under Christ's love for us all. We achieve that by DOING what Jesus told His disciples to do . . . "love God and each other" every day and repent whenever we don't. That places our imperfect agape love under the cover of Christ's perfect agape love and we avoid the need to refine out those imperfections as dross. If we do NOT achieve sanctification under Christ's agape love for us all . . . we will have our imperfections refined out as dross in the consuming fire of God's pure love after our death and rebirth as Spirit. It will NOT be pleasant . . . but it will also NOT be eternal. We will reap whatever we sow . . . no more and no less. I repeat: WE have nothing to do with our salvation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
The salvation of the nations per the apostle Paul, the apostle of the nations says we are saved by grace through faith (period). It is also a salvation that is unearned. If it is earned it is no longer grace. Paul said so.
Works in love of God and each other affect our sanctification and avoidance of refinement . . . but they have nothing to do with our salvation. Christ is our Savior . . . NOT us. How difficult is it to understand that we are NOT our Savior and nothing we do saves us???

Old 12-29-2014, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Those were not COMMANDMENTS given by the apostle Paul which MUST be obeyed in order to receive gratuitous grace and salvation. Rather, since Paul already said we are saved by grace and not by works because he said if we are saved by works then God owes us and it is no longer grace, then, therefore, your verses above by Paul are meant to be taken as the ideal we are to follow.

The last verse was not written to believers of the nations but to the dispersed Jews of the Circumcision who had to remain faithful to the end or they would not be saved for age-during life to come.
It requires a simple understanding of who is who in scripture. I recall a chaplain in the big sand box we call Saudi Arabia saying one time, "consider that our unit had received orders as well as the unit next door. We can read each others orders but if we try and follow their orders we are disobeying our commander. Yes we have the same commander, yes we are both Army units, yes we both have the same general orders, but that which is specifically addressed to this unit is for us to follow alone just as that which is addressed to that unit is for them to follow alone. We may read each others orders and from that we may obtain a better understanding of our commander but they are not our orders and we must only follow those given to us. As a Christian we must follow what is given to us and not what was given to those under the law. We can read their orders but we must only follow our orders if we are to please God."

Old 12-29-2014, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopRidge View Post
I reject you as a false christ and in fact no christ at all. There is help for those who think they are Jesus.
I am not Jesus, He sent me as He was sent, same words and mission per the Gospel of John.

Whoever hears me hears my Father and my brother.

Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. The Lord and I are One.

Anyone who hears my words and does not keep them I am not the one to condemn him for I did not come to condemn the world but to save it. Anyone who rejects me and does not accept my word he already has his judge, namely the words I have spoken, that is what condemns him on the last day.

Old 12-29-2014, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Works in love of God and each other affect our sanctification and avoidance of refinement . . . but they have nothing to do with our salvation. Christ is our Savior . . . NOT us. How difficult is it to understand that we are NOT our Savior and nothing we do saves us???
All those who call upon the name of the Lord will be saved.

Old 12-29-2014, 12:59 PM

Quote:
I am not Jesus, He sent me as He was sent, same words and mission per the Gospel of John.

Whoever hears me hears my Father and my brother.

Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. The Lord and I are One.

Anyone who hears my words and does not keep them I am not the one to condemn him for I did not come to condemn the world but to save it. Anyone who rejects me and does not accept my word he already has his judge, namely the words I have spoken, that is what condemns him on the last day.
You are not the savior! Jesus is my savior. Sorry you are not needed in the process.

Old 12-29-2014, 01:15 PM

63,872 posts, read 40,149,593 times
Quote:
Quote:
We are ALL saved. We have nothing to do with our salvation. Those who call upon the Lord in love of God and each other every day and repent when they don't will be sanctified under Christ's love for us all.

Old 12-29-2014, 01:23 PM

Quote:
This I can agree with because we received it from God through His Apostle.

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity