Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2015, 12:10 PM

23,161 posts, read 10,455,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
You expecting tells me something. either you stopped being a jerk and settled down or you got all preachy on them. my guess it is a little different than just "believing" in Jesus. Ima going out on a limb and gone say it may be because what you have done things that are not "Christ like" or something a group told you to do.

If it was because of them then you are right. When you walk with Jesus you are not allowed to do what you want when you want. I walk with Washington, lee, and grant types myself, but Jesus is ok too. And that idea to limit people's actions for the good of the group makes many Waco far lefts very angry.
It was because I followed Jesus, I rejected the Sabbaths, the feast days and traditions of Pagan Gods, I rejected any form of worship of any God but the God of the Bible. I began to walk in Passover dying daily and learning what Passover really teaches, I sowed a seed, and then I came to Shavuot and harvested the wheat, and I am steadily moving into the feast of Tabernacles and seeking the wedding chamber in Rosh Hashanah. I am racing toward the mark and prize of receiving the spirit of Shemini Atzereth.

But because I will not follow the majority in their pagan feasts, they can't help but despise me. If I keep everything of Jesus and I begin to walk in only his feast days pushing towards the prize, then the whole world comes against me BECAUSE I love the commandments of God.

I wished I had a nickel for every Christian who has come to me in a Christian forum telling me that I am not a Christian because I am bound by the evil old law of Moses. My mother shunned me when I began keeping the feasts of Jesus and she saw me as the devil. But one day we had a fight because I wouldn't take part in her pagan days, and she finally let me explain what I believed about Christ. After an hour she admitted that I was right in what I was doing, and she stopped keeping pagan worship herself for a couple years, but then she went back to it and began hiding it from me, and now she has completely gone back to the Saturnalia.

But there is a big difference between my mother keeping Pagan days and traditions and others who fight against God and his traditions.

My mother will stand behind the law and the commandments, and my mother now acknowledges the Holy feasts of Jesus as the true way, but our whole family will not give in, and so my mother stays with the family.

But I see many people trying to bring down God by trying to show his commandments and worship system as evil practices, people actually come in here and speak against the commandments of God and the feasts of Jesus that give them salvation.

How does a Christian say that he has a Passover lamb and then come into a public forum and try to teach against keeping the Passover or the Sukkot?

Why would somebody think they had a Passover lamb when they in fact reject the Passover?

And if I choose to keep the Passover of Christ, I am the mad man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2015, 12:17 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,195,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Is that a regular occurrence whenever a movie butchering our faith comes out? When Noah was released...did Christians bomb theaters? When a crucifix is dunked in a jar of urine and called "art"....did Methodists attack?

You found one occurrence and then say "See! Christians attack!". One instance that happened 20+ years ago. It is seemingly every day that we hear of someone attacking someone in the name of Islam.

Old 01-09-2015, 12:20 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Any and all religions can be dangerous if practiced by idiots who think they know God's will.

Old 01-09-2015, 12:25 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,195,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Any and all religions can be dangerous if practiced by idiots who think they know God's will.
Why would you want to practice a religion if you don't believe it?

Old 01-09-2015, 12:32 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post

You found one occurrence and then say "See! Christians attack!". One instance that happened 20+ years ago.
Actually, I remember that one very clearly because a member of my family worked for the studio, knows Scorsese (there were threats against Marty's family as well) and there was extra security on the lot for weeks because of the threats made. The threats started during production and escalated when the film was released. (I coped by making jokes about not standing too close to Marty at the craft services table.) Film, TV and recording studios are all well-acquainted with the numerous fundamentalist nut-jobs who come out of the woodwork when they thinks Jesus has been dissed.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 01-09-2015 at 12:40 PM..

Old 01-09-2015, 12:38 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Why would you want to practice a religion if you don't believe it?
That has no relevance to my quoted comment.

Old 01-09-2015, 12:40 PM

430 posts, read 481,711 times
so there was at least one violent reaction to blasphemy in recent history. and this cardinal probably gave the reason why such a thing is extremely rare:

"You don't behave as Christians but as enemies of Christ. From the Christian point of view, one doesn't defend Christ with arms. Christ himself forbade it."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Las...eater.2C_Paris

Old 01-09-2015, 04:02 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times
I see the group behind it had been excommunicated from the Church years before. I don't think they could call themselves Christians anymore.

Old 01-09-2015, 05:16 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,584,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
It was because I followed Jesus, I rejected the Sabbaths, the feast days and traditions of Pagan Gods, I rejected any form of worship of any God but the God of the Bible. I began to walk in Passover dying daily and learning what Passover really teaches, I sowed a seed, and then I came to Shavuot and harvested the wheat, and I am steadily moving into the feast of Tabernacles and seeking the wedding chamber in Rosh Hashanah. I am racing toward the mark and prize of receiving the spirit of Shemini Atzereth.

But because I will not follow the majority in their pagan feasts, they can't help but despise me. If I keep everything of Jesus and I begin to walk in only his feast days pushing towards the prize, then the whole world comes against me BECAUSE I love the commandments of God.

I wished I had a nickel for every Christian who has come to me in a Christian forum telling me that I am not a Christian because I am bound by the evil old law of Moses. My mother shunned me when I began keeping the feasts of Jesus and she saw me as the devil. But one day we had a fight because I wouldn't take part in her pagan days, and she finally let me explain what I believed about Christ. After an hour she admitted that I was right in what I was doing, and she stopped keeping pagan worship herself for a couple years, but then she went back to it and began hiding it from me, and now she has completely gone back to the Saturnalia.

But there is a big difference between my mother keeping Pagan days and traditions and others who fight against God and his traditions.

My mother will stand behind the law and the commandments, and my mother now acknowledges the Holy feasts of Jesus as the true way, but our whole family will not give in, and so my mother stays with the family.

But I see many people trying to bring down God by trying to show his commandments and worship system as evil practices, people actually come in here and speak against the commandments of God and the feasts of Jesus that give them salvation.

How does a Christian say that he has a Passover lamb and then come into a public forum and try to teach against keeping the Passover or the Sukkot?

Why would somebody think they had a Passover lamb when they in fact reject the Passover?

And if I choose to keep the Passover of Christ, I am the mad man.
well, man stuffed god into a book that can't hold him. Reminds me of they tried to do it with an apple. But, when on the inside looking out they see limits that are illusions of the human ego. step through them my man.

Old 01-09-2015, 05:48 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,919,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post

99% of all teachers claiming to be Christian are these-2Thess 2:3--2Cor 11:12-15--- they do not teach Jesus truths--a few of them maybe--but all are needed to succeed.
Jesus himself promised he would appoint his FDS during his Parousia( presence)--Jesus started 1 religion---that's all.
so mortals have to choose out of thousands of different ones claiming to be Christian--that is why--every truth he taught is needed to see the correct path.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity