Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2015, 05:39 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,483,907 times

Advertisements

Why are atheists so obsessed with the Bible, God, Christ, Christians, and Christianity? Just look at the OP posts on this little forum. Nearly every OP is on whereby an atheists asks "Why would God?, Why do Christians?, Why is God so mean?, A Question for Christians."

Since atheists do not believe in God, the Christ, the Bible, Christianity, and apparently believe Christians are the most ignorant people on earth, why such an obsession with matters of Christians and Christianity among atheists. Don't they have anything better on which to spend their time and vent their hatred? It's totally pathetic.

Old 01-15-2015, 05:48 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,338,128 times
I mean this is the best possible way, but probably for the same reason many christians are obsessed with sin and homosexuals.

Old 01-15-2015, 06:18 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,336,626 times
For me this is one place where a more or less civil exchange takes place. On some atheist forums Christians start threads like :you must agree with Hitler, killing is OK or your have no morals. There is one poster here that each thread he starts is a long list of anti Christian statements. Seems like no one response to them, myself I do not open them unless by error. The conflict here is between literlists and those who are not. That is my take on your topic.

Old 01-15-2015, 06:26 PM

125 posts, read 103,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
Why are atheists so obsessed with the Bible, God, Christ, Christians, and Christianity? Just look at the OP posts on this little forum. Nearly every OP is on whereby an atheists asks "Why would God?, Why do Christians?, Why is God so mean?, A Question for Christians."

Since atheists do not believe in God, the Christ, the Bible, Christianity, and apparently believe Christians are the most ignorant people on earth, why such an obsession with matters of Christians and Christianity among atheists. Don't they have anything better on which to spend their time and vent their hatred? It's totally pathetic.
In the same way that a criminal is obsessed with the police. He/She knows they are doing wrong, yet will spend much time blaspheming the officers of the law and the one that upholds it.

(Rom 2:14-15)For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another

Old 01-15-2015, 06:30 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,817,838 times
Quote:

They know not what the do. As Jesus said. They do not realize what force is driving them. They don't realize we are all sinners believer or not. But someone who is not a believer has a disposition to look at Christians as self righteous or judgemental of people..When in fact you cannot segregate or profile when being honest. I have been on the other side of the fence. It is a spiritual matter. The fact remains to come into the open that all who are deceived come from every walk of life.
I have been in this forum for awhile and have had intelligent conversations with many people of all walks. Some are curious while others have made up their mind.
We just have to remember as Christians to be patient and learned of the Holy Spirit if we are to speak on behalf of spiritual matters.

Old 01-15-2015, 06:34 PM

Quote:
They know not what the do.
Yes they do.God writes the law in our hearts and we all have a conscience,

(Rom 2:15)Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another

Quote:
As Jesus said. They do not realize what force is driving them.
Where in scripture is this?

Old 01-15-2015, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I mean this is the best possible way, but probably for the same reason many christians are obsessed with sin and homosexuals.
Show me the many OP's on here where Christians are obsessing about anything at all. No. It is the atheists that are totally obsessed with matters of Christianity and the OP's bear this out.

Old 01-15-2015, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
They know not what the do. As Jesus said. They do not realize what force is driving them. They don't realize we are all sinners believer or not. But someone who is not a believer has a disposition to look at Christians as self righteous or judgemental of people..When in fact you cannot segregate or profile when being honest. I have been on the other side of the fence. It is a spiritual matter. The fact remains to come into the open that all who are deceived come from every walk of life.
I have been in this forum for awhile and have had intelligent conversations with many people of all walks. Some are curious while others have made up their mind.
We just have to remember as Christians to be patient and learned of the Holy Spirit if we are to speak on behalf of spiritual matters.
My question remains: Why are atheists even the remotest concerned with spiritual matters since they swear it is all nonsense? That's illogical at best.

Old 01-15-2015, 06:55 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,359,787 times
Quote:

If you could so easily win arguments and get a confidence boost, you'd be tempted to start more of them too

I do think that's why many, particularly young atheists are so venomous towards religion. By attacking religion, and in particularly Christianity which is the majority religion in the places with the most internet access, they can both rebel against an authority and feel powerful and intelligent. You'll see a lot of that type of thing on Youtube.

Older atheists who do it, like some on City Data who cite genuine research, often do it for the same reason Christians proselytize. They want to save souls. They want to protect their friends and families and neighbors.

There's definitely a mixture of genuine urge to help others, and a more primal urge to have an easy way to be good at something, and to laugh at snark and spark and sarcasm, and to feel powerful and intelligent.

You guys really do, I think, need to work about 9 times as hard as we do to sound intelligent. We just have to look around and say "Where's the god? I don't know. I guess it's not here," and that is undisputably, at minimum, a respectable assumption. You guys actually have to do research to sound intelligent. I bet that's hard.

Old 01-15-2015, 06:56 PM

Quote:
My question remains: Why are atheists even the remotest concerned with spiritual matters since they swear it is all nonsense? That's illogical at best.
(Psalm 14:1)The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

What I find interesting about the above verse regarding the religion of atheism is, notice that God uses the word 'heart' and not head. Its not a head matter- a matter of intelligence as to why they think as they do, but rather a heart matter. They have convinced themselves despite there being clear evidence of the existence of God.

(Rom 1:20)For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity