Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2015, 06:56 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,386,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
Why are atheists so obsessed with the Bible, God, Christ, Christians, and Christianity? Just look at the OP posts on this little forum. Nearly every OP is on whereby an atheists asks "Why would God?, Why do Christians?, Why is God so mean?, A Question for Christians."

Since atheists do not believe in God, the Christ, the Bible, Christianity, and apparently believe Christians are the most ignorant people on earth, why such an obsession with matters of Christians and Christianity among atheists. Don't they have anything better on which to spend their time and vent their hatred? It's totally pathetic.
Most atheists I know are generally concerned with those that are fundamentalists.

Old 01-15-2015, 06:57 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,486,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WayTruthandLife View Post
In the same way that a criminal is obsessed with the police. He/She knows they are doing wrong, yet will spend much time blaspheming the officers of the law and the one that upholds it.

(Rom 2:14-15)For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another
Then you say it is a condition of an atheist's mind? That an atheist is likened to a drug addict or alcoholic? I must admit that I never looked at it in that way but I do see the possibility since it is an obsession with them.

Old 01-15-2015, 06:58 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,386,571 times
Quote:
My question remains: Why are atheists even the remotest concerned with spiritual matters since they swear it is all nonsense? That's illogical at best.
Some fundamentalists are school teachers and others get elected to office. Otherwise, who cares!

Old 01-15-2015, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
Most atheists I know are generally concerned with those that are fundamentalists.
Why are they concerned even with fundies? If the atheist is a non-be;iever and hater of all things Christian, why does he even bother with the fundies? Sounds totally stupid to me.

Old 01-15-2015, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
Some fundamentalists are school teachers and others get elected to office. Otherwise, who cares!
Well, someone just said the atheists cared. I asked why they would even bother.

Old 01-15-2015, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
For me this is one place where a more or less civil exchange takes place. On some atheist forums Christians start threads like :you must agree with Hitler, killing is OK or your have no morals. There is one poster here that each thread he starts is a long list of anti Christian statements. Seems like no one response to them, myself I do not open them unless by error. The conflict here is between literlists and those who are not. That is my take on your topic.
My topic should be perfectly clear and easy to understand. Why are most all the OP's on here from atheists bashing a God, a Christ, Christians, Christianity, or the Bible and repeadily asking stupid questions about subjects the atheists has sworn to disavow? Are atheists simple minded little old women whose tongues are constantly wagging and trying to engage in foolish gossip?

Old 01-15-2015, 07:07 PM

874 posts, read 639,546 times
Quote:
Why are atheists so obsessed with the Bible, God, Christ, Christians, and Christianity? Just look at the OP posts on this little forum. Nearly every OP is on whereby an atheists asks "Why would God?, Why do Christians?, Why is God so mean?, A Question for Christians."

Since atheists do not believe in God, the Christ, the Bible, Christianity, and apparently believe Christians are the most ignorant people on earth, why such an obsession with matters of Christians and Christianity among atheists. Don't they have anything better on which to spend their time and vent their hatred? It's totally pathetic.
We've tried variations of this topic before and got shut down by the mods. I hope you are more successful. I sure don't understand it. I've asked this question dozens of times in other threads. I haven't gotten a answer.

I, too, want to know. What is it?????

Old 01-15-2015, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
If you could so easily win arguments and get a confidence boost, you'd be tempted to start more of them too

I do think that's why many, particularly young atheists are so venomous towards religion. By attacking religion, and in particularly Christianity which is the majority religion in the places with the most internet access, they can both rebel against an authority and feel powerful and intelligent. You'll see a lot of that type of thing on Youtube.

Older atheists who do it, like some on City Data who cite genuine research, often do it for the same reason Christians proselytize. They want to save souls. They want to protect their friends and families and neighbors.

There's definitely a mixture of genuine urge to help others, and a more primal urge to have an easy way to be good at something, and to laugh at snark and spark and sarcasm, and to feel powerful and intelligent.

You guys really do, I think, need to work about 9 times as hard as we do to sound intelligent. We just have to look around and say "Where's the god? I don't know. I guess it's not here," and that is undisputably, at minimum, a respectable assumption. You guys actually have to do research to sound intelligent. I bet that's hard.

Well, you must be one of the young atheists. To my own mind, you sound totally ridiculous and without merit. Why on earth should it matter to you or be of any business of yours what anyone else on this earth thinks unless you are paying for the food on his table or otherwise contributing to his welfare.

I say atheists are simply a bunch of busybodies meddling in other folks' business instead of attending to their own.

Old 01-15-2015, 07:31 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,355,235 times
Quote:
Well, you must be one of the young atheists. To my own mind, you sound totally ridiculous and without merit. Why on earth should it matter to you or be of any business of yours what anyone else on this earth thinks unless you are paying for the food on his table or otherwise contributing to his welfare.

I say atheists are simply a bunch of busybodies meddling in other folks' business instead of attending to their own.
To counter tour question why do churches get involved in trying to ban same sex marriage, abortion rights or what is taught in schools? To me that is more meddling than commenting on this forum.

Old 01-15-2015, 07:32 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,304,409 times
Quote:
Show me the many OP's on here where Christians are obsessing about anything at all.
You must have missed the numerous posts made by the CD fundamentalists describing the mechanics of gay sex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity