Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2012, 02:24 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,788,644 times

Advertisements

Presented as a mirror to the :Have your ever had a confrontation with Satan" thread....

Have you EVER had a confrontation with God?

Has God ever spoken to you directly, pointing a path for you?

The genesis of this question is my personal experience. I truly believe that God talks to all of us all of the time. The question is "do we listen?" I believe that God is disappointed that His Word is still being ignored, so He is inspiring us to other paths.

Anyone else have anything other that a barrage of out of context citations to offer?

Thanks

Last edited by chuckmann; 06-17-2012 at 02:33 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2012, 04:38 PM

9,688 posts, read 10,008,103 times
In Genesis 32: 24-32.... Jacob has a confrontation with God .....``And Jacob was left alone, and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.....and when he saw that he prevailed not against him , he touched the hollow of his thigh and the hollow of Jacobs thigh was out of joint , as he wrestled with him... And he said , `Let me go, for the day breaks...And he said I will not let you go except you bless me, ..... And he said to him . What is your name? And he said Jacob... And he said , Your name will be called no more Jacob, but Israel, For as a prince has you power with God and with men, and has prevailed.... And Jacob asked him and said `Tell me I pray you your name.... And he said `Wherefore it is that you does ask after my name?....And he blessed him there.......And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel, for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved``..... See Jacob had a confrontation with God , so God through out Jacob which ended the fight so Jacob had to lean on God and bless the Lord , which God in turn Blessed Jacob ..... See God is gracious and quick to forgive , as all fighting with God will end up with God winning ........ I remember years ago I made a legalism stand against a Lord of a point of dogma which seemed non scriptural, which brought me under a curse , which prayers would not be answered, so the Lord told me His spirit is here and He needs peace , and the issue must be a `closure`...... So though this the Lord proved to me the dogma was true, and the curse was removed .....Glory to God..

Old 06-17-2012, 04:47 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
Anyone else have anything other that a barrage of out of context citations to offer?
Innately! And it did not require physical entry.
We have the Spirit of Life; and the propensity to do evil.

Last edited by Jerwade; 06-17-2012 at 04:59 PM..

Old 06-17-2012, 09:17 PM

1,577 posts, read 2,251,422 times
I have been a believer 49 years, and I still struggle with "hearing G-d" outside of the written Scriptures. I have seen so many fake it, or claim that "G-d" told them to do something that was clearly against the Bible, that I struggle even when His direction is clear. For example, one time, I nearly ran over an old man, because I did not listen until the last minute.
I SO need to learn to do this better.

Old 06-17-2012, 10:25 PM

481 posts, read 864,532 times
Quote:
Presented as a mirror to the :Have your ever had a confrontation with Satan" thread....

The genesis of this question is my personal experience. I truly believe that God talks to all of us all of the time. The question is "do we listen?" I believe that God is disappointed that His Word is still being ignored, so He is inspiring us to other paths.

Thanks
Everyday brother, everyday!!! Would not have it any other way, because it is all about him, nothing more, nothing less, nothing else even to the contrary of others. I have a personal relationship with God my Father on a daily basis, and he has one with me.

Yes, I do know that God is very displeased with His children, though this is nothing new for Him. So many of His children have taken Gods Covenant into their own understanding instead of gaining the Truth through the Spirit (Holy Spirit). This is what Christ Jesus calls..."foolishness." Way too much foolishness going on these days in today's church and through the body of Christ Jesus (us). It is only by and through the Spirit that the Word of Wisdom & Word of Knowledge of His Truth will be moved in us. Not by flesh or by mind, for only by the Spirit.

....Shalom achi sheli / akhoti sheli

Old 06-17-2012, 10:33 PM

481 posts, read 864,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VelcroQueen View Post
I have been a believer 49 years, and I still struggle with "hearing G-d" outside of the written Scriptures. I have seen so many fake it, or claim that "G-d" told them to do something that was clearly against the Bible, that I struggle even when His direction is clear. For example, one time, I nearly ran over an old man, because I did not listen until the last minute.
I SO need to learn to do this better.
My sister, if it is of the Spirit, you will know that it is of God, and if it is not, the Spirit will manifest this to the world. All we need to do, is just to "be Still", and the Spirit will move among us, in us,, fill us, replenish us with the Truth of all things. This was a promise that was made in Christ Jesus through the Spirit. Seek not the answers from flesh or of this world, but humble yourself to your Father, seek Him through the Spirit, and all things will be manifested or revealed to you through His will.

Just tell yourself to "Be Still...Not Today" my sister, and that clear direction you seek from God our Father will come. Just ask through the Spirit, and see what happens my sister, but you must "Be Still" or you will miss out on the most glorious gift of all, God our Fathers amazing grace. Remember, it is not about you, it is all about Him.

I am going to pray for you my sister, and i do not say that lightly but through the Spirit.

....Shalom!

Old 06-18-2012, 10:45 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,631,047 times
Quote:

Thanks
In my experience, God has not spoken directly in a sense of what many think of it. What does happen; however, is as if God is speaking to me through various scenarios I find myself in and in other ways. God does answer prayers, but he does it in his own way in his own timing.

A good example is peeling the many layers of lies to reveal the truth. It was like peeling away the layers of an onion. If I got to the core before the outer layers were unveiled, I would have never believed. It was almost like God was showing me the lies in an organized fashion.

Ezekiel 8:13
He said also unto me, Turn thee yet again, and thou shalt see greater abominations that they do.

Old 03-12-2015, 05:56 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,567,423 times
Quote:

Thanks
yep. I call it the system. I lost.

Old 03-12-2015, 03:53 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times
If we listen he does speak to us. One time I was going to break off a relationship with a person who had hurt me. I was in church thinking about it. What popped into my head was the words---if you can't forgive how can you expect anyone to forgive you? So you see the answer comes to us in many different ways, all we need to do is be quiet and listen.

Old 03-12-2015, 05:34 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,788,644 times
I appreciate all that has been said. Some of us disagree about God talking to us. I can accept that. He works with each of us differently, I'm sure.

Good conversation. I hope it continues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity