Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 05:57 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
Since Paul spoke under Divine inspiration, then its clear that in God's point of view, women are the weaker sex. Its plain as the nose on your face, if you'd just open your eyes to see. Who does most of the hard, difficult, dirty, demanding jobs? Men. Soldiers, policemen, firemen, construction. Its mostly men. Who gets awoken when there's a bump in the night? Men.

As a salesman, I used to call on a variety of factories, and in one of them, the job was particularly hot, heavy, dirty, nasty work. Although there were women working in this factory, there were no women doing this job. I asked about this, and the supervisor said that women had tried this job, because it paid particularly well, but they just couldn't handle the work. I think I've made my point.
Evidence? Everything I write is under divine inspiration as well. God told me so and if anyone hasn't heard the same, there is a serious lack of faith in God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2015, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john233 View Post
Why would you possibly believe that Paul was a false convert who hijacked the work of God?
Women are physically weaker, not less important, they just have had different roles to play than men throughout history. They have different roles to play in the family and the woman and the man complement each other perfectly.

It has nothing to do with Paul, but with the natural order that God created.
Women used to desire being married in the past because the world was a much harsher place.
Men these days have little to do, so now they just watch sports and play video games and work on cars and drink beer and think they are so "manly" for these silly hobbies.
That's what manhood has become in this day and age, that is why God's Biblical order does not make as much sense to us now.
Because most everything Paul wrote contradicted Jesus word?

Really? Natural order? Telling women to SHUT THE **** UP and be SILENT is God's natural order?

Last edited by zthatzmanz28; 02-28-2015 at 06:15 PM..

Old 02-28-2015, 06:14 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
I'm a long way from a biblical scholar but it's my understanding that many such consider Paul a misogynist and a deeply-closeted gay.

Certainly it seems his words regarding women have been adopted as - ahem - "gospel" and weak men have used those words to justify their domination of women for centuries.

Old 02-28-2015, 07:16 PM

1,341 posts, read 1,530,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Everything I write is under divine inspiration as well.
Nothing you write is under divine inspiration.

Old 02-28-2015, 08:16 PM

1,614 posts, read 1,245,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I'm a long way from a biblical scholar but it's my understanding that many such consider Paul a misogynist and a deeply-closeted gay.

Certainly it seems his words regarding women have been adopted as - ahem - "gospel" and weak men have used those words to justify their domination of women for centuries.

It may be that not all of the writings attributed to Paul were actually written by him. For example, I get so much out of the book of Romans - it is a very complex and deep book, in fact my favorite in the NT. But then some of the strangest things pop up in the various epistles. We cannot possibly know how much the bible was embellished since it was first decreed by a council of men to put 66 of the "sacred writings" in one volume. Nor can we know what may have been left out that would have been helpful. It is funny to me how many people think the bible just dropped out of the sky and it was and is "thus saith the Lord".

Old 02-28-2015, 08:39 PM

63,816 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart_Song View Post
It may be that not all of the writings attributed to Paul were actually written by him. For example, I get so much out of the book of Romans - it is a very complex and deep book, in fact my favorite in the NT. But then some of the strangest things pop up in the various epistles. We cannot possibly know how much the bible was embellished since it was first decreed by a council of men to put 66 of the "sacred writings" in one volume. Nor can we know what may have been left out that would have been helpful. It is funny to me how many people think the bible just dropped out of the sky and it was and is "thus saith the Lord".
[/color]
The reality surrounding the compilation of the Bible, the eliminated writings, the translations and transliterations, the copying, recopying, recopying and recopying, etc. would erase any such notions permanently . . . if they were understood by those who have been indoctrinated to believe it is "thus saith the Lord."

Old 03-01-2015, 09:59 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,284,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post

A lot of the anti woman statements were not written by him, but later attributed to him. He made several references about women in positions of authority in the early church. This likely wouldn't have been difficult if he was misogynistic.

Old 03-01-2015, 12:15 PM

37,468 posts, read 61,406,816 times
"... as the weaker sex", does not mean one IS the weaker sex.

Paul did not state that women are the weaker sex.

Old 03-02-2015, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowdog View Post
Nothing you write is under divine inspiration.
God leads the willing and ignores the arrogant.

Old 03-02-2015, 04:48 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
If your opinion that women are the weaker sex is derived from the Bible, ask yourself, who are the attributed authors of the books.
Are any of them women?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity