Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2015, 09:35 AM

709 posts, read 378,433 times

Advertisements

46. And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say? 47. Every one that cometh unto me, and heareth my words, and doeth them, I will show you to whom he is like: 48. he is like a man building a house, who digged and went deep, and laid a foundation upon the rock: and when a flood arose, the stream brake against that house, and could not shake it: because it had been well builded. 49. But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that built a house upon the earth without a foundation; against which the stream brake, and straightway it fell in; and the ruin of that house was great. (Luuk 6:46-49)

So why call, " Lord, Lord!" but not to do what he ask?

Let us fill our Lord, and God's will, by doing selfless good, and keeping our selves pure, so that the world can not contaminate us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2015, 10:53 AM

28,104 posts, read 30,005,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikko Ainasoja View Post
46. And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say? 47. Every one that cometh unto me, and heareth my words, and doeth them, I will show you to whom he is like: 48. he is like a man building a house, who digged and went deep, and laid a foundation upon the rock: and when a flood arose, the stream brake against that house, and could not shake it: because it had been well builded. 49. But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that built a house upon the earth without a foundation; against which the stream brake, and straightway it fell in; and the ruin of that house was great. (Luuk 6:46-49)

Let us fill our Lord, and God's will, by doing selfless good, and keeping our selves pure, so that the world can not contaminate us.
As far as I'm concerned, being a good Christian is far less about "being saved" than it is about "being Christ-like." Our focus as Christians should be on loving service to our fellow human beings and on not judging them. For me, this life is all about growth and improvement. It's about being a better person every day than we were the day before.

Old 03-26-2015, 11:02 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,250,221 times
Would you still be a christian if there were no possibility of salvation?

Could you still do "good?"

Old 03-26-2015, 11:07 AM

28,104 posts, read 30,005,788 times
Is this addressed to me or to the OP or to anyone who wants to answer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Would you still be a christian if there were no possibility of salvation?
Well, if there was no possibility of salvation, Christianity as I understand it, would not exist. So I suppose I wouldn't be a Christian.

Quote:
Could you still do "good?"
Sure, why not? Christians aren't the only ones who do "good."

Old 03-26-2015, 12:13 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,603,196 times
Quote:

Lordy lordy I am way past fourty.

Old 03-26-2015, 03:20 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,849,935 times
Quote:

Well spoken Mikko. From this, as most of your posts, it comes across that this is exactly what you are trying to do in your life and relationship with our Lord.

Old 03-28-2015, 12:53 AM

709 posts, read 378,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
Well spoken Mikko. From this, as most of your posts, it comes across that this is exactly what you are trying to do in your life and relationship with our Lord.
Thank you Horton.

Usually people's do not like what I write, and kind of accustomed to that, but it is nice to see also some positive response, no that I write for that, because I write for the truth.

Old 03-28-2015, 06:24 AM

66 posts, read 90,831 times
I have been a believer in Christ for quite some time and I've had my ups and downs. But I'll tell you what there are a lot of people that are very condemning and judgy. That does nothing for the etification of the church. Nor does throwing scripture randomly onto a forum trying to start a debate. As I remember a scripture in timothy stating not to have vain arguments for they do not etify and believers or anyone else. All it does is cause decision. I start to giggle everytime I see people throwing out scripture on the internet hiding behind the computer screen. Its real easy when all the resistance ur getting u can easily hit the x in the corner and make it go away. Take it for what it is but I stumbled into the religious forum because I was originally on City data for home improvement questions and quite honestly I'm very surprised at how people interpret the Word and twist it and pick scripture they want t to believe or use. Now don't get me wrong I do the same at times. But cmon men and woman of God look at the bigger picture. Worm your own salvation out with......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity