Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2015, 12:49 PM

3,402 posts, read 2,788,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Your testimony has been confusing. Supposedly, you had a relationship with Jesus. The poof, it vanished!
Jimmie, this is not confusing to me at all. Many of us had very important an meaningful relationships with our imaginary friends as children, but once we realized that the other party is our "relationship" did not exist in a meaningful way, the relationship was also disappeared.

Similarly, my relationship with God was probably the most important thing in my life for most of my life. My entire family life, education, and social life was centered around Jesus. It impacted everything in my life. Eventually, I came to realize that, just like a with childhood imaginary friend, I was the one doing all the talking. And with that realization, the relationship suddenly reveals itself as illusory. Poof...

-NoCapo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2015, 12:55 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Your testimony has been confusing. Supposedly, you had a relationship with Jesus. The poof, it vanished!
Yes. But it wasn't poof. It happened over a period of time.

Old 04-02-2015, 12:57 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoCapo View Post
Jimmie, this is not confusing to me at all. Many of us had very important an meaningful relationships with our imaginary friends as children, but once we realized that the other party is our "relationship" did not exist in a meaningful way, the relationship was also disappeared.

Similarly, my relationship with God was probably the most important thing in my life for most of my life. My entire family life, education, and social life was centered around Jesus. It impacted everything in my life. Eventually, I came to realize that, just like a with childhood imaginary friend, I was the one doing all the talking. And with that realization, the relationship suddenly reveals itself as illusory. Poof...

-NoCapo
Well said, NoCapo. Well said.

Old 04-02-2015, 01:32 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
No, I didn't. Here's what was said, Jimmie:
OK, what did you mean by "presented by a great deal of the Bible"?

Old 04-02-2015, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Are you acknowledging that Jimmie?
Yes, but that's not Biblical.

Old 04-02-2015, 01:34 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:
OK, what did you mean by "presented by a great deal of the Bible"?
I think that's pretty self-explanatory.

Old 04-02-2015, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoCapo View Post

-NoCapo
Sounds to me like you never received Jesus.

Old 04-02-2015, 01:36 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:
Sounds to me like you never received Jesus.
You had to know that one was coming, NoCapo.

Old 04-02-2015, 01:37 PM

Quote:
I think that's pretty self-explanatory.
Dodge.

Old 04-02-2015, 01:40 PM

Quote:
You had to know that one was coming, NoCapo.
How else to explain the very different experience by billions throughout history, including many here? No Capo implies we're dillusional. Not any different than what I said about his experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity