Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Christians attend a friends gay wedding?
YES 148 75.13%
NO 49 24.87%
Voters: 197. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 10:39 AM

5,177 posts, read 4,789,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
There is no parsing. Many Christians would not attend for the reasons I explained. They think it would violate the "love your God with all your heart" command. They think if would hamper their walk with God. Why can't you respect their view? Why do people judge Christians for their desire to honor God with their walk with God. If you love them, you respect their views even if you don't agree with them.

If you feel it's ok to attend, then go, if you are not comfortable, then don't go.

Unlike the Christians bakeries, Christians have a choice to not participate. If your gay friend cannot respect your views then is he really your friend?

What if you believed drug use is against your religion, and your friend insisted you try some cocaine? Would you do it because you think "love your neighbor" commands you to appease everyone? Would your friend be offended you turn it down?
There is a reason it is called "the NEW Testament". Things changed.

I agree with your second point. The poll is flawed because it looks at things as black and white. Life is never so simple.

Your last point is silly. My choice. I dont use most drugs. I dont give a rat's ass about what those around me do or dont do and I have the personal courage to walk my own path.

Old 04-23-2015, 10:48 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,608,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
Your last point is silly. My choice. I dont use most drugs. I dont give a rat's ass about what those around me do or dont do and I have the personal courage to walk my own path.
So, you don't give a rats ass about a friend killing himself with drugs. Got it. As for a choice, going or not going to a wedding is also a choice.

Old 04-23-2015, 10:48 AM

4,685 posts, read 6,135,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
I gather you helped before you knew she was a lesbian?
She probably didn't tell you, not because she was unsure, but because she knew just how you'd react.
And you're proving her right.

Before I knew she was a lesbian? Ive known this girl since she was a teen and she has dated nothing but men, wanted to get married, have kids and all and all of a sudden, meets a girl becomes best friends and is engaged, that isnt a lesbian, thats someone confused.

Like I said before, as a Christian, I dont have to agree with another Christian turning to a lifestyle of sexual immorality. Me and my best friend held each other accountable in our dating years to make sure we didnt slip up and start having sex with any attractive women we are not married to, but does that make us hateful of each other or not each others friend if I told him he shouldn't be sleeping around with XYZ chick or shouldn't marry a certain girl.

Old 04-23-2015, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
So, you don't give a rats ass about a friend killing himself with drugs. Got it. As for a choice, going or not going to a wedding is also a choice.
No, that would be judging his friend and making him a bigot

Old 04-23-2015, 11:05 AM

I created this thread in March and since then was actually invited as a guest of someone else and attended 2 gay dudes engagement party in which one was a supposed Christian and knows the bible front to back, yet is still marrying a man.

I felt like Satan was in the room eating a cupcake in the corner just smiling, as being in a room full of feminine, sissy men with their flamboyant behavior was enough to say there is no point in even going to the actual gay wedding to watch 2 men smooch and exchange vows and feed each other cake.
Thank God their beautiful female friends were there as eye candy to offset the sausage fest at hand, to get me through the end of party...Thank God for attractive women...they always save the day.

Old 04-23-2015, 11:09 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,174,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
I created this thread in March and since then was actually invited as a guest of someone else and attended 2 gay dudes engagement party in which one was a supposed Christian and knows the bible front to back, yet is still marrying a man.

I felt like Satan was in the room eating a cupcake in the corner just smiling, as being in a room full of feminine, sissy men with their flamboyant behavior was enough to say there is no point in even going to the actual gay wedding to watch 2 men smooch and exchange vows and feed each other cake.
Thank God their beautiful female friends were there as eye candy to offset the sausage fest at hand, to get me through the end of party...Thank God for attractive women...they always save the day.
You just created an accurate self-portrait of a smarmy, self-righteous anal orifice.

Old 04-23-2015, 11:18 AM

950 posts, read 923,878 times
Quote:

.............."there is no point in going to the actual gay wedding "........

Some of us said that right from the beginning !

Old 04-23-2015, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
You just created an accurate self-portrait of a smarmy, self-righteous anal orifice.

You just described yourself TroutDude, Im glad I was of assistance bringing you out of the closet.

Old 04-23-2015, 11:20 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,163,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I gave it a C- for creative writing. An A for illustrating a homophobic male with a tremendous need to display his macho side.... but poor marks on the massive use of stereotype and sexism and creating an improbable situation for the setting of the story.

Old 04-23-2015, 11:24 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,220,012 times
Quote:

I find that hard to believe. You're stereotyping gay men in about as negative a way as possible Yeah, we're all swishy and effeminate

I haven't been to a hetero wedding in decades. Pretty much every one I attended ended in divorce. Just a big waste of money. My husband and I got married at the JOP a couple years ago, Quick, cheap, and easy. No hitting up anyone for presents either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity