Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Christians attend a friends gay wedding?
YES 148 75.13%
NO 49 24.87%
Voters: 197. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 03:53 PM

113 posts, read 309,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
I decided not to go, even though its 7 months away, its not worth spending $500+ in expenses for something I gurantee will not last. Ill simply tell her this month to go seek premarital counseling first and make sure this is the right thing she is doing and to ask herself is this person truly the person she wants to spend the rest of her life with. She has told me before she wants children, so I dont see this happening now unless a sperm donor or adaption is involved. She might get pissed, but true friends tell friends stuff they dont want to hear, but need to hear when it comes to relationships.
sorry you are not a true friend. a true friend woud be there for her no matter what. that may be your lost not hers. how can you say that it won't last. Is she bi- likes girls and boys or gay. only likes girls. they can still have kids. they will find away. you said not worth spending the money to go. It is like you are saying that she is not worth it. you know if I have a friend that was true. gay or not I would go.

Old 04-21-2015, 03:55 PM

4,685 posts, read 6,135,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Were you invited in the first place ?. I am pretty sure they might save you the job of turning them down if they have any inclination of your feelings towards gay folk and not even invite you.
She pretty much popped the news to me one day and we didnt really have time to talk much about it and she told me she was getting married a few months later. So for someone Ive know for years to be seeing someone for close to a year, then say they are dating that person didnt I tell you, sounds like she was hiding it to me. So ive never really got to tell her how I feel about it, but she is grown and has to live with her decisions. Im sure if I told her how I truly feel, she would take me of the list, but I guarantee 100% it wont last as I see her as just being vunerable and some chick turned her out.

TRUE CHRISTIANS turn back to God no matter how wrong they are or were. Im sure she will see all she is doing is in error and agaisnt the will of God. I wont rub it in her face, ill just be there for her as a friend like I always have. This is no different than if she was marrying a man in which I knew it would 100% fail, id still be cool with her afterwards.

Old 04-21-2015, 03:55 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,789,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, a gay wedding is an official commitment to live the rest of your life in sin.

Supplying booze to someone who suffers from alcoholism is a horrible idea, but an enabler/appeaser will do such things thinking he is being "loving".
ALL model so called Christians are hypocrites. They do no understand the central message of Jesus, which is love.

Old 04-21-2015, 03:59 PM

4,685 posts, read 6,135,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine18102 View Post
sorry you are not a true friend. a true friend woud be there for her no matter what. that may be your lost not hers. how can you say that it won't last. Is she bi- likes girls and boys or gay. only likes girls. they can still have kids. they will find away. you said not worth spending the money to go. It is like you are saying that she is not worth it. you know if I have a friend that was true. gay or not I would go.
If they lived locally, I might go, but a super long drive or 2 hour flight to attend something that makes a mockery of God's definition of marriage isnt worth the $5-600 in expenses.

Old 04-21-2015, 04:10 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,488,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
ALL model so called Christians are hypocrites. They do no understand the central message of Jesus, which is love.
so is it loving God by disapproving what God disapproves of?

Old 04-21-2015, 04:15 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,705,870 times
Quote:
I have a friend who I have known for years, but they turned to the gay lifestyle a few years ago and is now getting married. I dont support the LGBT lifestyle and even though they are a good friend, its still a surprise to me and I dont agree of her new lifestyle.

Would it be wrong as a Christian to attend a gay wedding supporting her as a friend or should I just stay away from it all together?
I'm pretty sure they won't miss you if have strong feelings that they are "sinning" and decide not to go.

Old 04-21-2015, 04:18 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,211,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
so is it loving God by disapproving what God disapproves of?
This is very difficult to understand, but Jesus went many places there were sinners, and he was very deliberate and intentional when he went. So please, do not make it sound like God is too clean to hang with a prostitute or tax collectors...God always has time for the sinner, but He especially LOVES a great wedding party!!

And who speaks for God? Let Him or Her decide where He wants to go...

Old 04-21-2015, 04:18 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,163,875 times
Quote:
I decided not to go,
I'm not surprised.

Old 04-21-2015, 04:20 PM

Quote:
If they lived locally, I might go, but a super long drive or 2 hour flight to attend something that makes a mockery of God's definition of marriage isnt worth the $5-600 in expenses.
What an evangelical Shocker!

Old 04-21-2015, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, a gay wedding is an official commitment to live the rest of your life in sin.

Supplying booze to someone who suffers from alcoholism is a horrible idea, but an enabler/appeaser will do such things thinking he is being "loving".
Why, because they will never have children? That is the real issue in the evangelical world, is it not? SEX, PLEASURE, EROTICISM with out procreation?

My wife and I are both in our 50s and NO, NADA, ZILCH plans of having children, so by having SEX, PLEASURE and EROTICISM we are committed to live the rest of our lives in sin..and here is the kicker--SHE IS DIVORCED~!! OMG!

Jesus made wine for the drunken wedding party!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity