Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Christians attend a friends gay wedding?
YES 148 75.13%
NO 49 24.87%
Voters: 197. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 07:32 AM

350 posts, read 570,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
As far as I have been able to determine, the owner of this site did not say WHY he decided to create this forum.
I agree, this forum should be for whatever the owners intended it to be. It's unfortunate, though, that we don't have a safe place here to talk about God without being attacked left and right. Theological debate is one thing, but constant hate speech like "Ya'll believe in a stupid fairy tale!!!" or "Leave my beliefs/lifestyle/sin alone you freaks!!!!" by people who seem to want nothing more than to be abrasive trolls is tiring.

Old 04-21-2015, 07:50 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,604,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archmage View Post
I agree, this forum should be for whatever the owners intended it to be. It's unfortunate, though, that we don't have a safe place here to talk about God without being attacked left and right. Theological debate is one thing, but constant hate speech like "Ya'll believe in a stupid fairy tale!!!" or "Leave my beliefs/lifestyle/sin alone you freaks!!!!" by people who seem to want nothing more than to be abrasive trolls is tiring.
I remember one of the mods explaining this sub forum was created to be that safe place, and the Religion and Atheist forums would be used for the "Christianity is a stupid fairy tale" discussions. That's how I remember it. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong.

Old 04-21-2015, 08:30 AM

16,665 posts, read 15,658,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I remember one of the mods explaining this sub forum was created to be that safe place, and the Religion and Atheist forums would be used for the "Christianity is a stupid fairy tale" discussions. That's how I remember it. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong.
Please find that post and quote it so we can all read it.

I went back and read some of the threads when this sub-forum was being discussed and then created, but I didn't see that. I saw a LOT of discussion about just exactly what it was supposed to be, but Administrator didn't say.

Old 04-21-2015, 08:45 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,161,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbenator View Post

Silly me, I THOUGHT this was a CHRISTIAN forum where the participants wanted SERIOUS discussion FROM THE SCRIPTURES.

I now realize that is not the purpose of this forum
At the top of each R&S forum there is a 'sticky'. Our hard-working mods took the time to write guidelines for posting on this forum. I suggest you read stickies to get a clearer idea of how thing work. They're quite handy and useful.

Old 04-21-2015, 09:26 AM

963 posts, read 689,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
At the top of each R&S forum there is a 'sticky'. Our hard-working mods took the time to write guidelines for posting on this forum. I suggest you read stickies to get a clearer idea of how thing work. They're quite handy and useful.
Yeah. READ the "stickie" at the top of the ATHEIST forum

Seems to be double standard. Seems they can promote their faith on the Christian forum but Christians aren't permitted to do the same on THEIR turf. Seems Atheists are yet another delicate protected class.

Quote:
This sub-forum is not the place for proselytizing or atte It is meant for atheists and agnostics interested in discu others who want to learn more about this worldview an confrontational questions to atheistsor agnostics.
BTW thanks for the hard work you put in your condescending reply.

Last edited by carlbenator; 04-21-2015 at 09:36 AM..

Old 04-21-2015, 09:32 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,209,482 times
Quote:
Yeah. READ the "stickie" at the top of the ATHEIST. forum

Seems to be double standard. Seems they can promote their faith on the Christian forum but Christians aren't. permitted to do the same on THEIR turf. Seems Atheists are yet another delicate protected clasd.
I believe the prohibition is on PROSELYTIZING.

convert or attempt to convert (someone) from one religion, belief, or opinion to another.
"the program did have a tremendous evangelical effect, proselytizing many"
synonyms: evangelize, convert, save, redeem, win over, preach (to), recruit, act as a missionary
"I'm not here to proselytize"
advocate or promote (a belief or course of action).
"Davis wanted to share his concept and proselytize his ideas"
synonyms: promote, advocate, champion, advance, further, spread, proclaim, peddle, preach, endorse, urge, recommend, boost
"he wanted to proselytize his ideas"

am sure you are "welcome" on the other theist boards provide you refrain from the evangelical claims that your religion, church, belief, dogma. theology, is the ONLY ACCEPTABLE ones...

Try discussions with an open mind and actually comoare ideas side by side. If your faith is strong it will still be ther in the morning.

All the atheists or other theists in the world can never change the mind of a committed believer--DON'T FEAR THE REAPER...

Old 04-21-2015, 09:42 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,161,565 times
Quote:
Seems Atheists are yet another delicate protected class.
Lol.... the atheists on this forum aren't exactly delicate.

Old 04-21-2015, 09:43 AM

Of course you don't see that that is exactly what you're doung in this forum. That and generally disrupting and Moderator cut: inappropriate language all over christian discussion.

Let us post crap like "WHY PEOPLE DON'T TRUST ATHEIST" in your shielded sanctuary.

Last edited by mensaguy; 04-21-2015 at 09:54 AM.. Reason: Removing inappropriate word

Old 04-21-2015, 09:43 AM

16,665 posts, read 15,658,096 times
Quote:
Yeah. READ the "stickie" at the top of the ATHEIST forum

Seems to be double standard. Seems they can promote their faith on the Christian forum but Christians aren't permitted to do the same on THEIR turf. Seems Atheists are yet another delicate protected class.

BTW thanks for the hard work you put in your condescending reply.
Like I said before, City-Data doesn't even HAVE a Christian forum.

This thread is about whether the OP should attend the friend's wedding.

Old 04-21-2015, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Lol.... the atheists on this forum aren't exactly delicate.
That stickie in your forum but not in this forum says otherwise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity