Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Christians attend a friends gay wedding?
YES 148 75.13%
NO 49 24.87%
Voters: 197. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 03:16 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,211,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJDAY81445 View Post
ah, but one must keep God's commandments as a way to love God

One can not profess to love God and then continue to sin.

( this was in one of today's church readings written by John )
Sin can be a very subjective concept...some say caffeine is sin, dancing is sin. It can also be a very personal concept, like quitting smoking, it is not a problem until the smoker sees it as a problem.

Old 04-19-2015, 03:56 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,956,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Sin can be a very subjective concept...some say caffeine is sin, dancing is sin. It can also be a very personal concept, like quitting smoking, it is not a problem until the smoker sees it as a problem.
' Some say ', but what does the Bible say ?
A person might speed and break the Motor Vehicle Code, and that is a crime.
Breaking men's laws are considered as crimes.
Breaking God's laws are considered as sins.
Since there is Nothing in Scripture teaching caffeine is sin, or dancing is sin, then we do Not go beyond what is written.
However, the abuse of caffeine or immoral dancing would be where sin enters into the picture.
Ignoring godly principles can prove to be sin:
2nd Corinthians 7:1 mentions to cleanse oneself of every defilement of flesh and spirit....
Since smoking defiles the body ( like the lungs ) then one would avoid tobacco as being sin.

Old 04-19-2015, 04:43 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,608,156 times
Quote:
JESUS IS the "P" word and every decision we make is driven by the "P" word.
If you buy booze to alcoholics, you are helping them harm themselves. It seems your actions are driven by desire to appease, and it can be the worst thing you can do to certain people.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 04-19-2015 at 05:00 PM..

Old 04-19-2015, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
If you buy booze to alcoholics, you are helping them harm themselves. It seems your actions are driven by desire to appease, and it can be the worst thing you can do to certain people.
Well, as that might be yet another opinion...Jesus did make wine for the drunken guests at the wedding..not that I am one to say two wrongs make it right.

Old 04-19-2015, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
' Some say ', but what does the Bible say ?
A person might speed and break the Motor Vehicle Code, and that is a crime.
Breaking men's laws are considered as crimes.
Breaking God's laws are considered as sins.
Since there is Nothing in Scripture teaching caffeine is sin, or dancing is sin, then we do Not go beyond what is written.
However, the abuse of caffeine or immoral dancing would be where sin enters into the picture.
Ignoring godly principles can prove to be sin:
2nd Corinthians 7:1 mentions to cleanse oneself of every defilement of flesh and spirit....
Since smoking defiles the body ( like the lungs ) then one would avoid tobacco as being sin.
The bible is error ridden and not the whole story. As most people know it has been altered by accident and on purpose so what it says may not always be what it said originally.

Old 04-19-2015, 10:09 PM

431 posts, read 474,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Pay close attention . . . the law is used to protect citizens and maintain order in society. The law should NOT be used to control what consenting adults do sexually . . . despite a long history of doing so under pressure from Christians. It protects no one because no one is being harmed. The pedophilia laws DO protect innocent children who can NOT consent because they are NOT adults. You can continue to pretend you do not understand this and erect more straw men to push your agenda of hate for homosexuals . . . but it won't work. In America . . . there is NO right to discriminate against or mistreat homosexuals in any way whatsoever . . . no matter what you or your God think about them.
i did not say all incest
incest with brothers sisters aunties mothers etc could all be with consent ... homesexuality could involve children also so back to my original statement
I dont have a god you are making assumptions again never mentioned a deity in my posts

nobody or law is mistreating homosexuals they have the same rights as anybody else there is NO right to marry somebody of the same sex where is that right in the constitution

personally i dont give a rats ass who you sleep with if it does not effect my life but im fed up with every ****ing day this subject is uppermost in some peoples minds, there are much more important things to talk about than the deviat sex lives of a small % of the population
this subject dominated tv, newpapers and expecially the net give it a ****ing rest

Old 04-19-2015, 10:20 PM

963 posts, read 689,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
I have a friend who I have known for years, but they turned to the gay lifestyle a few years ago and is now getting married. I dont support the LGBT lifestyle and even though they are a good friend, its still a surprise to me and I dont agree of her new lifestyle.

Would it be wrong as a Christian to attend a gay wedding supporting her as a friend or should I just stay away from it all together?
Yes, it would be WRONG.

Would you partake in a "friend's" murder of someone? What sin of the friend are you willing to support?

Old 04-19-2015, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Well, as that might be yet another opinion...Jesus did make wine for the drunken guests at the wedding..not that I am one to say two wrongs make it right.
Where does it say they were drunk? I'll help; you out. It DOESN'T

Old 04-19-2015, 10:30 PM

I just read the first page (only) of this thread. I honestly can't believe the Biblical illiteracy of those who post in the "Christianity" forum. No wonder the Church is in decline in Europe and America.

When the Son of Man comes, will He find faith on the earth?" The answer is, VERY LITTLE.

Old 04-19-2015, 11:43 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,789,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Do you love your God by celebrating something He has declated sinful?

Do you love your neighbor by approving their sins? Do you love alcoholics by buying them booze?

It has nothing to do with politics.
God's message is not subject to anything other than literal understanding.

Stop trying to parse the message. Was Jesus a schemer? Or did be preach an obvious message not subject to human idiocy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity