Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Christians attend a friends gay wedding?
YES 148 75.13%
NO 49 24.87%
Voters: 197. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 12:12 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,279,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
He spoke with anyone who would listen. He told her "go, and sin no more".
How is that working out for you ?

Jesus was speaking prophetically to her when he said go sin no more, for being exposed to such love, grace, mercy and forgiveness as that effect upon you.

You know what when you understand the love, grace, mercy and forgiveness of God for what it really is, you actually sin no more even if you are sinning. You see Finn Jarber, understanding and experiencing the love,grace mercy and forgiveness of God translates you out of sin consciousness(the cause of us all missing the mark) and the guilt that goes hand in hand with it, into God consciousness which brings confidence before God by the true awareness of how God really sees us(righteous instead of a miserable worm of a filthy rag).You feel absolutely no need to change anyone, you center yourself upon all that is representitive of God himself and you find yourself being changed into his likeness.

Old 04-09-2015, 12:34 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,211,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
That women was living a lifestyle of sexual immorality. Homosexuality is sexual immorality, because it is sex outside of marriage in a way God never intended for it to be. So if Jesus told the woman to go and sin no more, he is telling her to stop committing sexual immorality, so this story can easily apply to a gay person as well.
Just as one can relate the story of Judas hanging himself and Jesus saying GO AND DO LIKEWISE?

The fact is homosexuality is never addressed by Jesus. One would think if this were such a huge sin, He might have taken a few seconds out of His ministry to share a parable, tell an analogy or just out right say DO NOT DO IT...

Old 04-09-2015, 01:26 PM

4,685 posts, read 6,135,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Just as one can relate the story of Judas hanging himself and Jesus saying GO AND DO LIKEWISE?

The fact is homosexuality is never addressed by Jesus. One would think if this were such a huge sin, He might have taken a few seconds out of His ministry to share a parable, tell an analogy or just out right say DO NOT DO IT...
Jesus did not have to address it because they all knew it was a sin and in the same fact that we know to STOP at a red Stop sign, they knew homosexuality( sexual immorality) was a sin, so its not something Jesus had to address, because they all knew that was considered sexual immorality.

Old 04-09-2015, 01:29 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,174,182 times
Quote:
Jesus did not have to address it because they all knew it was a sin and in the same fact that we know to STOP at a red Stop sign, they knew homosexuality( sexual immorality) was a sin, so its not something Jesus had to address, because they all knew that was considered sexual immorality.
But slavery was cool.

Old 04-09-2015, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
But slavery was cool.
Absolutely Jesus said slaves obey your masters

Im glad I wasn't alive back then or I would have been screwed. But slavery has nothing to do with homosexuality unless they are making themselves slaves to each other.

Old 04-09-2015, 01:35 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,211,479 times
Quote:
So by that logic we ought to all know that BIGOTRY and H8 are sins, yet so many evangelicals still promote these sinful actions.

I stop at all STOP SIGNS, just as I support EQUALITY RIGHTS for ALL people, no mater what church of H8 they attend..

Old 04-09-2015, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
So by that logic we ought to all know that BIGOTRY and H8 are sins, yet so many evangelicals still promote these sinful actions.

I stop at all STOP SIGNS, just as I support EQUALITY RIGHTS for ALL people, no mater what church of H8 they attend..

Not agreeing with homosexuality does equal bigotry or hate.

Using your definition, if 2 people come together and cheat on their spouse and are living in adultery, you would be a bigot for speaking out agaisnt it by showing where the bible says adultery is a sin. Ifsomeone wanted to marry 3 women and they all agree, telling them Jesus said marriage is between 1 man and woman would be hate and bigotry because I wont support their polygamy.

Marriage is biblical.
-----------------------
Genesis 2:23-24
23 And Adam said, “This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called 'woman,’ because she was taken out of man.” 24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

Matthew 19:4-6
4 “And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that He which made them at the beginning made them male and female, 5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh? 6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.”

Mark 10:6-9
6 “But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female. 7 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife; 8 And they twain shall be one flesh: then they are no more twain, but one flesh. 9 What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.”

Ephesians 5:31
31 “For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.”
------------------------------------

Two unbelievers can get married and they are still seen as married in the eyes of God. 2 gay people getting married dont care about marriage, all they want it government benefits. You cant Love and worship God and then live a lifestyle that he calls an abomination.

Should gays be abused for their sexual preference? No as heterosexuals shouldnt either
Should gays get the same befits are married folks? No as they are just friends trying to get the same benefits of something God designed(marriage) and they want to corrupt.

Old 04-09-2015, 03:19 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,220,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
But slavery was cool.
Maybe they shouldn't have chosen to enter the slave lifestyle?

Old 04-09-2015, 03:21 PM

440 posts, read 377,336 times
saying "I don't agree with homosexuality" sounds kind of silly.

I mean, homosexuality is not a religion, it is not an ideology so there aren't premises to agree or disagree with.

Old 04-09-2015, 04:00 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,174,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haukur View Post
saying "I don't agree with homosexuality" sounds kind of silly.

I mean, homosexuality is not a religion, it is not an ideology so there aren't premises to agree or disagree with.
That's the "thinking" of morons who believe romantic/sexual attraction is a choice*.

But when you ask one when, exactly, they chose to be heterosexual and was the decision a difficult one? -- they stammer something nonsensical and run away.

*An exception might be made here for bi's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity