Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Christians attend a friends gay wedding?
YES 148 75.13%
NO 49 24.87%
Voters: 197. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2015, 09:29 PM

63,791 posts, read 40,053,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
What exactly is a Homophobic?
It is someone who for some unknown reason obsesses about the sexual habits of homosexuals who do not harm them in ANY WAY whatsoever!! It is incomprehensible to me why something that has ZERO impact on others occupies such INORDINATE concern among so many religious nuts. You would think we were talking about mass murderers or something. It boggles the mind!

Old 04-07-2015, 12:27 PM

1,114 posts, read 1,223,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
I have a friend who I have known for years, but they turned to the gay lifestyle a few years ago and is now getting married. I dont support the LGBT lifestyle and even though they are a good friend, its still a surprise to me and I dont agree of her new lifestyle.

Would it be wrong as a Christian to attend a gay wedding supporting her as a friend or should I just stay away from it all together?
Would you go to a wedding for someone who was getting married for a second time? (after having divorced their ex-spouse (who is still living))?

Old 04-07-2015, 01:38 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,211,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mythunderstood View Post
Would you go to a wedding for someone who was getting married for a second time? (after having divorced their ex-spouse (who is still living))?
Would you go to the wedding of your friend if she was a tattoo artist? Leviticus 19:18?

Or if your friend rejected foreigners / immigrants? Leviticus 19:33?

Old 04-08-2015, 05:44 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,279,591 times
Quote:
I have a friend who I have known for years, but they turned to the gay lifestyle a few years ago and is now getting married. I dont support the LGBT lifestyle and even though they are a good friend, its still a surprise to me and I dont agree of her new lifestyle.

Would it be wrong as a Christian to attend a gay wedding supporting her as a friend or should I just stay away from it all together?
Have you received your invite yet?.

Old 04-08-2015, 05:50 PM

23,141 posts, read 10,434,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Would you go to the wedding of your friend if she was a tattoo artist? Leviticus 19:18?

Or if your friend rejected foreigners / immigrants? Leviticus 19:33?

Always wanted to get a tattoo, dang the bad luck, but that's why I never got one, because of the law.

Foreigners become family when they take on the Sabbaths and feasts of God. A foreigner who keeps the Sabbaths of God is promised an inheritance in Israel and also promised a name better than sons or daughters.

If I ever had a problem with scripture, it would be this scripture, and still I believe it but I would find it extremely hard to keep.

1 Corinthians

Expel the Immoral Brother
9I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators: 10Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world. 11But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat. 12For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within? 13But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

It would mean that I could associate with gay people in the world, but not with a fellow Christian who deems homosexuality ok.

Old 04-09-2015, 06:39 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,211,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Always wanted to get a tattoo, dang the bad luck, but that's why I never got one, because of the law.

Foreigners become family when they take on the Sabbaths and feasts of God. A foreigner who keeps the Sabbaths of God is promised an inheritance in Israel and also promised a name better than sons or daughters.

If I ever had a problem with scripture, it would be this scripture, and still I believe it but I would find it extremely hard to keep.

1 Corinthians

Expel the Immoral Brother
9I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators: 10Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world. 11But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat. 12For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within? 13But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

It would mean that I could associate with gay people in the world, but not with a fellow Christian who deems homosexuality ok
Doesn't this create a chasm between the person and Christ?

Old 04-09-2015, 07:54 AM

4,685 posts, read 6,135,229 times
I wonder if Jesus would have attended a gay wedding? Probably not, especially if they were both supposed believers in him.

Old 04-09-2015, 07:57 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,608,156 times
Quote:
I wonder if Jesus would have attended a gay wedding? Probably not, especially if they were both supposed believers in him.
He could not have condoned sexual immorality. He would have sat down with them and talk about salvation, but he would not celebrate sins.

"For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false witness, slander. These are what defile a person. But to eat with unwashed hands does not defile anyone.” - JC

Old 04-09-2015, 08:32 AM

4,685 posts, read 6,135,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
He could not have condoned sexual immorality. He would have sat down with them and talk about salvation, but he would not celebrate sins.

"For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false witness, slander. These are what defile a person. But to eat with unwashed hands does not defile anyone.” - JC

If you try that now days out of love, you are either called a fundie, bigot, or are accused of judging.

Old 04-09-2015, 08:35 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,608,156 times
Quote:
If you try that now days out of love, you are either called a fundie, bigot, or are accused of judging.
Yes, it is not tolerated, and punishable by verbal crucifixion. That's exactly what we are seeing here on four or five separate threads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity