Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Christians attend a friends gay wedding?
YES 148 75.13%
NO 49 24.87%
Voters: 197. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 08:39 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,211,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
He could not have condoned sexual immorality. He would have sat down with them and talk about salvation, but he would not celebrate sins.

"For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false witness, slander. These are what defile a person. But to eat with unwashed hands does not defile anyone.” - JC
As he spoke of salvation with the woman about to be stoned for adultery?

We keep overlooking the fact that marriage equality, aka GAY RIGHTS is NOT a sin according to nearly 50% of us and our understanding of scriptures.

Old 04-09-2015, 08:54 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,608,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
As he spoke of salvation with the woman about to be stoned for adultery?
He spoke with anyone who would listen. He told her "go, and sin no more".

Old 04-09-2015, 09:23 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,211,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
He spoke with anyone who would listen. He told her "go, and sin no more".
Not really an in-depth discussion about her salvation now was it?

Something He never said to a gay person, did he?

Old 04-09-2015, 10:36 AM

4,685 posts, read 6,135,229 times
Quote:

Something He never said to a gay person, did he?

That women was living a lifestyle of sexual immorality. Homosexuality is sexual immorality, because it is sex outside of marriage in a way God never intended for it to be. So if Jesus told the woman to go and sin no more, he is telling her to stop committing sexual immorality, so this story can easily apply to a gay person as well.

Last edited by SAAN; 04-09-2015 at 11:04 AM..

Old 04-09-2015, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Some discussions were more in-depth than others

Old 04-09-2015, 11:16 AM

23,138 posts, read 10,434,069 times
Quote:
Doesn't this create a chasm between the person and Christ?
It creates a chasm between the person trying to make homosexuality acceptable and his Christ that says it's unacceptable.

All these people trying to claim homosexuality is biblically acceptable are just showing Jesus and his disciples to be wrong.

They are creating their own set of rules after they have thrown out God's rules.

Old 04-09-2015, 11:19 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,404,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
I have a friend who I have known for years, but they turned to the gay lifestyle a few years ago and is now getting married. I dont support the LGBT lifestyle and even though they are a good friend, its still a surprise to me and I dont agree of her new lifestyle.

Would it be wrong as a Christian to attend a gay wedding supporting her as a friend or should I just stay away from it all together?
If you don't go, I think you should drop the "friend" because point-blank, you aren't their friend.

Old 04-09-2015, 11:48 AM

4,685 posts, read 6,135,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
If you don't go, I think you should drop the "friend" because point-blank, you aren't their friend.

So if she as a Christian wanted to marry a Atheist or Muslim that hates her religion and I didnt go, does that mean Im not her friend then also. You mean to tell me if you dont agree with your friends relationship or mate, that you are not their friend?

If one of my friends said they want to move in with their boyfriend or girlfriend and I say I dont agree with your decision, I think you should only live together if you are married, would that mean Im not their friend then all of a sudden??

My friend lived with his wife for 8 months before they got married and I told him I didnt agree with the whole shacking up, but that doesnt mean im not his friend.

Old 04-09-2015, 11:52 AM

Quote:
So if she as a Christian wanted to marry a Atheist or Muslim that hates her religion and I didnt go, does that mean Im not her friend then also. You mean to tell me if you dont agree with your friends relationship or mate, that you are not their friend?

If one of my friends said they want to move in with their boyfriend or girlfriend and I say I dont agree with your decision, I think you should only live together if you are married, would that mean Im not their friend then all of a sudden??

My friend lived with his wife for 8 months before they got married and I told him I didnt agree with the whole shacking up, but that doesnt mean im not his friend.
Yes, friends understand and respect each others view points when there is a disagreement.

Old 04-09-2015, 12:09 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,613,553 times
Quote:

If I did not believe in co-habitation, I say co-habitation does not work for me. Your friends were not "shacking up". They were living together as a loving couple.

You would be shacking up. I can see why it might seem unpleasant and seedy.

People who allow their personal differences at a wedding explode? YouTube is full of those weddings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity