Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Christians attend a friends gay wedding?
YES 148 75.13%
NO 49 24.87%
Voters: 197. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2015, 04:24 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,279,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstay1929 View Post
What does God say about men with men and women with women, Read the entire King James Bible and then read it again. Because I found more than one time in the bible that God forbids it and has destroy them. Just because the word homosexual and lesbians are not in the bible does not mean the words of God is not there. Sodomy is prohibited so is laying with a woman, animal and any other thing that is against God word.

But people that are for it like to argue Gods word, and they seem to forget that God and Jesus love have no sin in it. There is no sin in Gods Kingdom or His love for us, but we like to debate (love) by using certain scriptures to back legal sin and sinners.

I'm telling you anyone who supports any Lifting of Legal sins and abominations, is a slap in God and Jesus face, what you are telling them is flick off and whoa to the people who do. Hell is huge and I have seen it, laugh if you want, but I'm telling you HELL is no joke and large as the ocean.

Man can kill the body you live in but not the soul that lives inside of the body. But God CAN KILL BOTH!!!!!

So beware and be prepared because its coming!!!
When you read the scriptures with a sin conscious mindset, you will find everything you want in there to cause you to judge another(not yourself)by appearances. The God conscious mind is more concerned with what is righteous and seeing God where the sin conscious mind can never see.

Old 06-25-2015, 11:12 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,709,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstay1929 View Post
What does God say about men with men and women with women, Read the entire King James Bible and then read it again. Because I found more than one time in the bible that God forbids it and has destroy them. Just because the word homosexual and lesbians are not in the bible does not mean the words of God is not there. Sodomy is prohibited so is laying with a woman, animal and any other thing that is against God word.

But people that are for it like to argue Gods word, and they seem to forget that God and Jesus love have no sin in it. There is no sin in Gods Kingdom or His love for us, but we like to debate (love) by using certain scriptures to back legal sin and sinners.

I'm telling you anyone who supports any Lifting of Legal sins and abominations, is a slap in God and Jesus face, what you are telling them is flick off and whoa to the people who do. Hell is huge and I have seen it, laugh if you want, but I'm telling you HELL is no joke and large as the ocean.

Man can kill the body you live in but not the soul that lives inside of the body. But God CAN KILL BOTH!!!!!

So beware and be prepared because its coming!!!
Anyone who reads the KJV (underwritten by homosexual "Queen" James the First), other than for literary appreciation of Shaespearean English, is already in a hopeless muddle.

And practicing what you are suggesting has only brought hell to earth for many innocent people. I wonder what God will say to "Christians" who accomplish that.

Old 06-26-2015, 12:52 PM

225 posts, read 161,925 times
Default NO! and here's why

No1

Here's why.

1. in doing so one is giving implied approval of their IMMORAL life style.

2. Such an affirmation can and likely will lead to sandal to the Church and faith you represent.

God Bless you,

Patrick

Old 06-26-2015, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamACatholic View Post
No1

Here's why.

1. in doing so one is giving implied approval of their IMMORAL life style.

2. Such an affirmation can and likely will lead to sandal to the Church and faith you represent.

God Bless you,

Patrick
I hope you took the same line with the KJV.

Old 06-30-2015, 07:30 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,451,998 times
You don't sound like a good friend OR good Christian.

On the topic of gay wedding though, my partner would probably prefer a Catholic church, and I'd prefer a Lutheran church. I'm not Christian, but he is, but Lutherans are generally the nicer less judgy ones.

Old 06-30-2015, 10:03 PM

4,685 posts, read 6,135,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
You don't sound like a good friend OR good Christian.

On the topic of gay wedding though, my partner would probably prefer a Catholic church, and I'd prefer a Lutheran church. I'm not Christian, but he is, but Lutherans are generally the nicer less judgy ones.
If your not a Christian, who the heck are you to be judging if im a good Christian or not if you dont know crap about the bible. Spare me the love one another argument, because Jesus said to keep the commandments as well, which includes no homosexual behavior.

And if you find a so called Christian church that will willingly marry 2 men, Satan is the head of that church, NOT Christ.

Old 06-30-2015, 10:47 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,172,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
If your not a Christian, who the heck are you to be judging if im a good Christian or not if you dont know crap about the bible. Spare me the love one another argument, because Jesus said to keep the commandments as well, which includes no homosexual behavior.

And if you find a so called Christian church that will willingly marry 2 men, Satan is the head of that church, NOT Christ.
What an idiotic statement.

Old 06-30-2015, 10:57 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,349,449 times
Quote:

Adversity sits in its own pew; standard furniture for a church or courtroom.

Old 07-01-2015, 12:05 AM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
The commandments Jesus referred to REPEATEDLY were the TWO . . . love God and each other because they encompass ALL the others. That should make it clear that agape love is at the heart of the commandments and is what God really wants from us. Homosexuality has nothing to do with the commandments. If you think it does please cite the commandment that contains it.

Old 07-01-2015, 04:49 AM

Quote:

When you walk in love the commandments keep you. Have you not read that loving your neighbor as yourself is the fulfillment of the law?. Not keeping them to save our ass from eternal hell or earning a right into heaven, but because it is the way of peace and harmony in our lives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity