Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2015, 11:02 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times

Advertisements

What happens to the human body (that of flesh and bone) in space?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2015, 03:17 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,969,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
You are comparing two thoughts that are not related.

A spiritual body IS a body that is NOT flesh. Paul made that clear in 1 Cor 15.

Consider, and use ONLY verses that use the same terms, not unrelated ones to reply.

KJV 1 Cor 15: 40 There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.

1 Corinthians 15:44 44 it is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body.

1 Corinthians 15:45 45 So also it is written, The first man Adam became a living soul. The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.

1 Corinthians 15:47-48 47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is of heaven. 48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.

1 Corinthians 15:50 50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

No flesh in heaven, just spirit bodies. Flesh is earthly.

Jesus is not divided into two parts.

While I agree many here have no idea and diss the bible in favor of their own faulty revelations, if we see the Bible as God's word we do need to stay consistent with Scripture.
Flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God but flesh and bones can. Christ had no blood in Him. He shed His blood for mankind. He told His disciples a spirit has not flesh and bones as ye perceive Me having.

Old 04-08-2015, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
What happens to the human body (that of flesh and bone) in space?
The same that happens to Jesus' body when it is changed to immortal and incorruptible. The celestial body God will give us makes our bodies fit for the heavenlies.

So, how many times did Christ ascend into heaven?

Old 04-08-2015, 05:45 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
" ... Christ had no blood ...". " ... But flesh and bone can ...".

Thankfully college kids can see other people takes take on this so they can feel confident in rejecting this claim using their new found knowledge. BTW, It is ok to reject this teaching and still "believe" kids.

you can't ascend into the universe. you can ascend into understanding. that can only happen once I think.

Old 04-08-2015, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
" ... Christ had no blood ...". " ... But flesh and bone can ...".

Thankfully college kids can see other people takes take on this so they can feel confident in rejecting this claim using their new found knowledge. BTW, It is ok to reject this teaching and still "believe" kids.

you can't ascend into the universe. you can ascend into understanding. that can only happen once I think.
What do you mean by "one can reject this teaching and still believe"? Believe what?

Old 04-08-2015, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
What do you mean by "one can reject this teaching and still believe"? Believe what?
lmao, you have to work that out yourself.

Eus, you have to look at what humans are. You have to have an understanding that there is no "things" there are only "events". Physics, chemistry, math, and the bible (being humanity not a human) give you a better look then any book does alone.

that is a perspective of 15% of the population. And they are seriously out numbered.

Old 04-08-2015, 09:13 AM

Getting back to reality . . .

Christ ascended to heaven twice after He died. Do you want proof?

Old 04-08-2015, 09:28 AM

Quote:

you don't see it do you. You think this is the reality. The apple, Eus, you are the apple. That's what he meant when he said " ... they will claim to know me but I won't know them..." what he meant is they can't see all of me and I can't not understand.

it is just the way it is eus.

Old 04-08-2015, 09:39 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:

I offered an explanation.

Old 04-08-2015, 09:40 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
You need to study a bit more about the word for angel and messenger which are the same. Notice how many translate it "angel" when it applies to Jesus AND what the word meaning is. Jesus is an angel, a messenger sent by God. Blindly following a theology leads to a lack of scriptural understanding.

KJV Malachi 3:1 Behold, I will send my messenger (John the baptist), and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant (Jesus), whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts.

DRA Malachi 3:1 Behold I send my angel, and he shall prepare the way before my face. And presently the Lord, whom you seek, and the angel of the testament, whom you desire, shall come to his temple. Behold, he cometh, saith the Lord of hosts.

LXX (Greek translation of the Hebrew Jesus used) Malachi 3:1 <1> Behold, I send forth my messenger, and he shall survey the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come into his temple, even the angel of the covenant, whom ye take pleasure in: behold, he is coming, saith the Lord Almighty.

NJB Malachi 3:1 'Look, I shall send my messenger to clear a way before me. And suddenly the Lord whom you seek will come to his Temple; yes,the angel of the covenant, for whom you long, is on his way, says Yahweh Sabaoth.

TNK (Jewish translation to English) Malachi 3:1 Behold, I am sending My messenger to clear the way before Me, and the Lord whom you seek shall come to His Temple suddenly. As for the angel of the covenant that you desire, he is already coming.

Hebrew 4796 Malak. messenger -- 1. messenger, a. one sent with a message, , messengers of peace. b. a prophet; the herald of the advent. c. priest. d. a messenger from God acting as an interpreter and declaring what is right, e. fig. ~y[ir' 'm messengers of evil; twm 'm messengers of death. 2. angel, as messenger of God, ~ykalm with God in theophanies, praising him; in his sight not without error; charged with the care of the pious; elsewhere sg. sent to a prophet; excellent, wise, powerful; encamping about the faithful; chasing his enemies; destroying by judgment of Yahweh. 3. the theophanic angel ~yhla (h) 'm : wynp 'm (referring to the ancient $alm); tyrbh35

Greek: aggelos (angel) , ou m angel; messenger, one who is sent
'm (referring to the advent of 'y for judgment). (pg 521)

So basically, Jesus is a schizophrenic, who is both CREATED, and DIVINE--ANGEL, MAN and yet GOD?

And all along I thought the Archangels were created by GOD...Guess you can't always trust an angel to do the work of God, so He had to go Himself?

I would think that God would rather have sent one of the following---I mean how busy could any of them really be?

Michael in the Hebrew language means "Who is like unto God?" or "Who is equal to God?" St. Michael has been depicted from earliest Christian times as a commander, who holds in his right hand a spear with which he attacks Lucifer/Satan, and in his left hand a green palm branch. At the top of the spear there is a linen ribbon with a red cross. The Archangel Michael is especially considered to be the Guardian of the Orthodox Faith and a fighter against heresies.

Gabriel means "Man of God" or "Might of God." He is the herald of the mysteries of God, especially the Incarnation of God and all other mysteries related to it. He is depicted as follows: In his right hand, he holds a lantern with a lighted taper inside, and in his left hand, a mirror of green jasper. The mirror signifies the wisdom of God as a hidden mystery.

Raphael means "God's healing" or "God the Healer" (Tobit 3:17, 12:15). Raphael is depicted leading Tobit (who is carrying a fish caught in the Tigris) with his right hand, and holding a physician's alabaster jar in his left hand.

Uriel means "Fire of God," or "Light of God" (II Esdras 4:1, 5:20). He is depicted holding a sword against the Persians in his right hand, and a flame in his left.

Sealtiel means "Intercessor of God." He is depicted with his face and eyes lowered, holding his hands on his bosom in prayer.

Jegudiel means "Glorifier of God." He is depicted bearing a golden wreath in his right hand and a triple-thonged whip in his left hand.

Barachiel means "Blessing of God." He is depicted holding a white rose in his hand against his breast.

Jerahmeel means "God's exaltation." He is venerated as an inspirer and awakener of exalted thoughts that raise a person toward God (II Esdras 4:36). As an eighth, he is sometimes included as archangel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity