Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 04:21 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,389,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haukur View Post
In god's eyes, is incest morally OK?
Because, you know, those two sisters had incentuous sex with their father.
Just because people do things does not mean it is ok with God.
Most people see the incestuous sex in that story, few see the rape that was involved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2015, 04:52 AM

1,614 posts, read 1,245,226 times
I have a daughter who is gay. I have no question in my mind that she was born gay. As early as age 6-7 I began to wonder if she might be gay. I just knew. She dated one guy in high school for a short time. In college she met a girl and fell in love. They have been together now for several years. They are both delightful, bright intelligent women. As far as spiritual matters are concerned, of course they would never be drawn to any of the churches for any kind of guidance because they know exactly what the church people think of them already. Their spiritual path is between them and God. I do not worry about that because I know God loves her as much as he loves anyone else. Incidentally, I have two other daughters who are definitely not gay. They love their sister who is gay and my son does as well. They accept her just the way she is and do not try to change her. Her best friend from high school who is heavily involved in a Pentacostal church dumped her outright after finding out she was gay. She completely severed all ties and communication with her. My daughter cried so much about that. What a great friend!

Old 04-14-2015, 08:50 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,495,513 times
of course they wouldn't be drawn to any church that teaches the truth ... they'd rather listen to the "church" of good ol' mom.

God's Law exposes the human excuses like born that way:
Psalm 58:3
Even from birth the wicked go astray; from the womb they are wayward, spreading lies.
as Jesus said:
John 3:6
Flesh gives birth to flesh
God does love them in that he sent Jesus to die for the wickedness of humanity ... which is why OT Prophets \ NT disciples and the NT church is commanded by Jesus to proclaim the message to the unbelieving world REPENTANCE and TURN
Isaiah 30:15
This is what the Sovereign Lord, the Holy One of Israel, says:
“In repentance and rest is your salvation,.."

Ezekiel 14:6
“Therefore say to the people of Israel,
‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: Repent!
Turn from your idols and renounce all your detestable practices!
Jesus' message did not differ
Matthew 4:17
From that time on Jesus began to preach, “Repent,
the consequence of not repenting:
Luke 13:3
"I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish." ~ Jesus
and despite the haters of the truth who vomit out the "mind your own business \ focus on yourself" ... Jesus said:
Luke 24:47
... repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.
Acts 20:21
I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus.

Last edited by twin.spin; 04-14-2015 at 09:00 AM..

Old 04-14-2015, 09:22 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart_Song View Post
I have a daughter who is gay. I have no question in my mind that she was born gay. As early as age 6-7 I began to wonder if she might be gay. I just knew. She dated one guy in high school for a short time. In college she met a girl and fell in love. They have been together now for several years. They are both delightful, bright intelligent women. As far as spiritual matters are concerned, of course they would never be drawn to any of the churches for any kind of guidance because they know exactly what the church people think of them already. Their spiritual path is between them and God. I do not worry about that because I know God loves her as much as he loves anyone else. Incidentally, I have two other daughters who are definitely not gay. They love their sister who is gay and my son does as well. They accept her just the way she is and do not try to change her. Her best friend from high school who is heavily involved in a Pentacostal church dumped her outright after finding out she was gay. She completely severed all ties and communication with her. My daughter cried so much about that. What a great friend!
What more could any parent pray for their kids to be--HAPPY, LOVED and INTELLIGENT!!

And what more could a kid ask for from their family but the exact SAME!!!

Old 04-14-2015, 09:24 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
of course they wouldn't be drawn to any church that teaches the truth ... they'd rather listen to the "church" of good ol' mom.

Even from birth the wicked go astray; from the womb they are wayward, spreading lies.
as Jesus said:
God does love them in that he sent Jesus to die for the wickedness of humanity ... which is why OT Prophets \ NT disciples and the NT church is commanded by Jesus to proclaim the message to the unbelieving world REPENTANCE and TURN

and despite the haters of the truth who vomit out the "mind your own business \ focus on yourself" ... Jesus said:
... repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.
I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus.

Ain't that wonderful!

And all Jesus had to say was
LOVE GOD,
LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR

And others still refuse to LOVE?

Old 04-14-2015, 10:48 AM

440 posts, read 377,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Just because people do things does not mean it is ok with God.
Most people see the incestuous sex in that story, few see the rape that was involved.
Why were they saved and not destroyed like Sodom and Gomorrah after having incestuous sex with their father?

Old 04-14-2015, 10:58 AM

37,468 posts, read 61,406,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haukur View Post
In god's eyes, is incest morally OK?
Because, you know, those two sisters had incentuous sex with their father.
Many of the stories of people in the Bible, are stories about people, with little in the way of whether God likes or dislikes the behavior.

The sisters had grown up in the twin cities. They thought that all of mankind lived in those two cities. With the cities gone they thought all mankind was gone, except for themselves.

Nowhere in that story does God imply yea or nay.

Simply because a story exists, does not mean that God approved, or disapproved.

Old 04-14-2015, 11:03 AM

440 posts, read 377,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
Many of the stories of people in the Bible, are stories about people, with little in the way of whether God likes or dislikes the behavior.

The sisters had grown up in the twin cities. They thought that all of mankind lived in those two cities. With the cities gone they thought all mankind was gone, except for themselves.

Nowhere in that story does God imply yea or nay.

Simply because a story exists, does not mean that God approved, or disapproved.
Ok, but I'm not convinced.

It seems to be that the god of the bible was perfectly fine with incest and that was not only in this story, if you read Genesis, Adam and Eve's children also had lots of incestuous sex and that is how the human race populated the Earth.

According to the bible we are the product of incest.

So, apparently, for god incest is not sinful.

Old 04-14-2015, 11:43 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,495,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Ain't that wonderful!

And all Jesus had to say was
LOVE GOD,
LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR

And others still refuse to LOVE?
thanks for proving who it is that has the misunderstanding of scriptures ... that Jesus only had to say was LOVE GOD, LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR.

Last edited by twin.spin; 04-14-2015 at 01:10 PM..

Old 04-14-2015, 11:44 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,715,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post

as Jesus said:

Being able to quote scripture is not indicative of understanding or living it. Your posts indicate inability to do anything but quote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity