Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 01:00 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,213,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert M Prince View Post
I don't see anywhere in the scriptures where we read that Christ saves everyone. See Rev. 3:[20] Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Neither Christ nor His Father force themselves on anyone against their will.
Nor does the BOLD above imply there is a specific number or percentage that DO NOT or WILL NOT hear Jesus' voice.

So we can just as easily (an might I add reasonably) believe the number that hear are very large in deed and that there are relatively FEW who fail to "open" the door?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2015, 02:41 PM

63,791 posts, read 40,063,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You really need to read 1 Cor 13 because your so-called Gifts of the Holy Spirit contain things incompatible with the Holy Spirit of agape love who IS God. Fear casts out love and love is what God wants from us. Love casts out all fear and Christ is our SAVIOR so our salvation is NOT in our hands. It is finished by Christ. Your #6 and #7 are the recipe for a Godfather offer you can't refuse . . . NOT an offer from our Father God!. It says love and obey . . . OR ELSE! That is NOT of our Father God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert M Prince View Post
I don't see anywhere in the scriptures where we read that Christ saves everyone. See Rev. 3:[20] Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Neither Christ nor His Father force themselves on anyone against their will.
I guess you missed this:

1 Timothy 2:3-6 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; (4) Who will have all humans to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. (5) For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; (6) Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

The Comforter (Holy Spirit of agape love) is within our consciousness and provides guidance (knocks) . . . but not everyone listens (hears) or tries to follow the guidance (opens the door) to the truth God has "written in our heart."

Old 05-12-2015, 02:47 PM

18,490 posts, read 9,154,471 times
It's a person's ego.

Old 05-12-2015, 06:37 PM

28 posts, read 18,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
The left eye is to guide the whole body, and the left eye is a person who died and became one with another person.

We are born with the fallen holy spirit of our husband Adam, and while we are betrothed to Jesus, a new husband, that marriage has not yet taken place, and the old husband is still present.

It is a struggle to move from one to the other.

The prize to overcomers is that they will become a spirit in the left eye of humans in order to lead them.

But the creature fell, and with the fall, the spirit falls.
I am a little confused by some of your imagery, though I recognise the Adam/Christ dichotomy and Jesus as Bridegroom. Could you try and expand upon these concepts? I am not familiar with the saying of the left eye. What do you mean that the left eye is someone who has died?

Old 05-12-2015, 06:45 PM

Quote:
You really need to read 1 Cor 13 because your so-called Gifts of the Holy Spirit contain things incompatible with the Holy Spirit of agape love who IS God. Fear casts out love and love is what God wants from us. Love casts out all fear and Christ is our SAVIOR so our salvation is NOT in our hands. It is finished by Christ. Your #6 and #7 are the recipe for a Godfather offer you can't refuse . . . NOT an offer from our Father God!. It says love and obey . . . OR ELSE! That is NOT of our Father God.
The language of fear may be confusing. Certainly you are right that it is written that perfect love casts out fear. The "fear of the Lord" spoken of is one Biblical description of awe and reverence for God. Prior to Christ's incarnation, sacrifice and resurrection it may indeed have had a literal element of sheer terror, knowing ourselves to be sinful and unfit to enter God's presence through our own merits without paying a price in blood. But through Christ this price has been paid, and we may freely enter the presence and bow before the throne of the true and living God.

A degree of awe and reverence is surely still appropriate given that one is coming into the presence of the Creator of all worlds and all who dwell therein. This need not and should not preclude love.

Old 05-12-2015, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
It's a person's ego.
It's a person's ego that what? Is sometimes mistaken for the Holy Spirit?

Old 05-12-2015, 07:55 PM

63,791 posts, read 40,063,093 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandros of Lithopolis View Post
The language of fear may be confusing. Certainly you are right that it is written that perfect love casts out fear. The "fear of the Lord" spoken of is one Biblical description of awe and reverence for God. Prior to Christ's incarnation, sacrifice and resurrection it may indeed have had a literal element of sheer terror, knowing ourselves to be sinful and unfit to enter God's presence through our own merits without paying a price in blood. But through Christ this price has been paid, and we may freely enter the presence and bow before the throne of the true and living God.
A degree of awe and reverence is surely still appropriate given that one is coming into the presence of the Creator of all worlds and all who dwell therein. This need not and should not preclude love.
The language of fear was needed for our ignorant savage and barbaric ancestors to learn even a modicum of self-control. It was the schoolmaster of our species that marked the beginning of wisdom . . . NOT the end. Christ ushered in the New Covenant wherein that self-control so laboriously built with fear of God could be applied toward love of God and each other. As Jesus said . . . the "fields were ripe for the harvest." The context of a wrathful, vengeful God who needed to be appeased by blood sacrifices was a primitive and barbaric one created under the veil of ignorance over reading the OT. Jesus came to lift that veil of ignorance and reveal the TRUE NATURE of God as the Good News of His Gospel. He was rejected and those who followed were lured into retaining the OT concept and interpreting His voluntary act of Supreme agape love for us all . . . even His torturers and murderers . . . as a blood sacrifice to appease God!!! The perversion of humanity is legion!

Old 05-12-2015, 10:42 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,352,130 times
No fear exists, where there is love.

Old 05-13-2015, 12:09 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,174,182 times
The Holy Spirit is the small, inner voice that nags at you when you're trying to sleep by re-playing something you said/did to someone that was unjust. And it keeps doing so until you make it right.

AKA one's conscience. Thankfully, something most of us are both with and most retain - despite what life tosses their way.

Old 05-13-2015, 01:32 AM

1,714 posts, read 1,759,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
The Holy Spirit is the small, inner voice that nags at you when you're trying to sleep by re-playing something you said/did to someone that was unjust. And it keeps doing so until you make it right.

AKA one's conscience. Thankfully, something most of us are both with and most retain - despite what life tosses their way.
what if that someone is dead. how do you make it right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity