Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 09:12 PM

9 posts, read 6,671 times

Advertisements

Can a soul in hell be raped by demons?

Please give verses for your views.

This is meant to scare more than just

fire and brimstone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2015, 09:31 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Do you mean, emotional rape or narcissistic abuse?
Because the doctrine of demons is a fallacy.

And hell is a myth for there is no underworld, except the grave.

Old 04-20-2015, 09:46 PM

23,161 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allisraelsaved View Post

fire and brimstone.
No.

Old 04-20-2015, 09:48 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,455,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allisraelsaved View Post

fire and brimstone.
Neither Satan or his demonic followers will rule in the lake of fire or be administering any punishment. Both Satan and the other fallen angels, as well as all members of the human race whose names are not written in the book of life will be tormented forever in the lake of fire. (Matthew 25:41; Revelation 20:10-15). The punishment will be administered by Jesus Himself and possibly by the holy angels as indicated in Matthew 8:29, Rev. 14:10. The Bible indicates that there will be degrees of punishment in the lake of fire (Matthew 11:22-24).

And don't listen to these people who tell you that Satan and the demons don't exist, or that there is no lake of fire. Being deceived, they themselves deceive.

Old 04-20-2015, 10:05 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Some people have an inflated ego, and lack empathy.

Old 04-20-2015, 11:17 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,808,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Neither Satan or his demonic followers will rule in the lake of fire or be administering any punishment. Both Satan and the other fallen angels, as well as all members of the human race whose names are not written in the book of life will be tormented forever in the lake of fire. (Matthew 25:41; Revelation 20:10-15). The punishment will be administered by Jesus Himself and possibly by the holy angels as indicated in Matthew 8:29, Rev. 14:10. The Bible indicates that there will be degrees of punishment in the lake of fire (Matthew 11:22-24).

And don't listen to these people who tell you that Satan and the demons don't exist, or that there is no lake of fire. Being deceived, they themselves deceive.
Jude 1
A Call to Persevere
22And have mercy on some, who are doubting; 23save others, snatching them out of the fire; and on some have mercy with fear, hating even the garment polluted by the flesh.

Deuteronomy

23"So watch yourselves, that you do not forget the covenant of the LORD your God which He made with you, and make for yourselves a graven image in the form of anything against which the LORD your God has commanded you. 24"For the LORD your God is a consuming fire, a jealous God. 25"When you become the father of children and children's children and have remained long in the land, and act corruptly, and make an idol in the form of anything, and do that which is evil in the sight of the LORD your God so as to provoke Him to anger,…

Hebrews. 12

Our Kingdom Cannot Be Shaken
28Therefore, since we receive a kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us show gratitude, by which we may offer to God an acceptable service with reverence and awe; 29for our God is a consuming fire.

Lake of Fire Sea of Glass.

Daniel 3

16 Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, answered and said to the king, O Nebuchadnezzar, we are not careful to answer thee in this matter.
17 If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king.
18 But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up.
19 Then was Nebuchadnezzar full of fury, and the form of his visage was changed against Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego: therefore he spake, and commanded that they should heat the furnace one seven times more than it was wont to be heated.
20 And he commanded the most mighty men that were in his army to bind Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, and to cast them into the burning fiery furnace.
21 Then these men were bound in their coats, their hosen, and their hats, and their other garments, and were cast into the midst of the burning fiery furnace.
22 Therefore because the king's commandment was urgent, and the furnace exceeding hot, the flames of the fire slew those men that took up Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego.
23 And these three men, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, fell down bound into the midst of the burning fiery furnace.
24 Then Nebuchadnezzar the king was astonished, and rose up in haste, and spake, and said unto his counsellors, Did not we cast three men bound into the midst of the fire? They answered and said unto the king, True, O king.
25 He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.

1 Corinthians 3

Christ the Only Foundation
14If any man's work which he has built on it remains, he will receive a reward. 15If any man's work is burned up, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.

7 times through Fire

Not sure where people get these Ideas about hell and torment?
Satan?

Old 04-20-2015, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Jude 1

Not sure where people get these Ideas about hell and torment?
Satan?
The Word of God is clear about the reality of the lake of fire and of eternal torment.

Old 04-21-2015, 12:45 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,808,992 times
Quote:
The Word of God is clear about the reality of the lake of fire and of eternal torment.
Hell: Biblically Dispelling the Myth of Eternal Torment

The second death is taught by the Word of God.
Which is my understanding of everlasting punishment. Context is important.
Eternal torment or Gulf via Lazarus story. Is probably expanded on.

Punishment being final. Second death. Ceases to exist?

Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee? Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal
" (Matthew 25:41-46).

Punishment is what has been expanded on.

Last edited by pinacled; 04-21-2015 at 01:03 AM..

Old 04-21-2015, 12:52 AM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post

The Bible does not teach Annihilationism. Even after having been in the lake of fire for 1000 years, it is said of the beast and the false prophet that they will be tormented forever and ever (Rev. 20:10).

Last edited by Michael Way; 04-21-2015 at 01:24 AM..

Old 04-21-2015, 03:18 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
No.
I am not sure, but I think I skipped over the chapter and verse for this, any one help me put with a citation?

Then again, is this even worth an answer?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity