Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2015, 09:53 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,878,935 times

Advertisements

I have always heard the Christians (who mostly came from European countries) were the only ones who believe in Christ, therefore they are the only ones who will make it to heaven. Most of the Caucasians get in.

The Jews rejected Jesus as the Messiah. And since they don't believe he was either (1) the messiah, and/or (2) part of the Trinity, then they will mostly burn in Hell.

Muslims will also burn in Hell.

Asians, same deal.

Africans too.

Native Americans, no luck.

But I suppose the fact that I am of white European descent means that I am fortunate to have been born a Christian, right? That gives me a warm feeling inside to know that God must love us more.

Do you agree or not?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2015, 10:32 PM

33,286 posts, read 26,494,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
I have always heard the Christians (who mostly came from European countries) were the only ones who believe in Christ, therefore they are the only ones who will make it to heaven. Most of the Caucasians get in.

The Jews rejected Jesus as the Messiah. And since they don't believe he was either (1) the messiah, and/or (2) part of the Trinity, then they will mostly burn in Hell.

Asians, same deal.

Africans too.

But I suppose the fact that I am of white European descent means that I am fortunate to have been born a Christian, right? That gives me a warm feeling inside to know that God must love us more.

Do you agree or not?
First of all, no one is born a Christian. A Christian is someone who has personally believed that Jesus died for their sins and rose again and therefore has trusted in Him alone for eternal life. Secondly, there are people of all races and nationalities who have believed on Christ and are therefore saved. And that includes many thousands of Jews who have believed on Christ.

Last edited by Michael Way; 06-05-2015 at 10:53 PM..

Old 06-06-2015, 01:35 AM

1,614 posts, read 1,246,034 times
OZZY,

On a world scale, I would bet that most Christians are not white Europeans. Nice try, but you really went too over the top.

Old 06-06-2015, 03:34 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,242,084 times
Historically, It is and has been a WHITE religion--at the very least a religion of racial privilege. Used so many times to keep the savages in line and justify OPPRESSION.

Old 06-06-2015, 06:10 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,597,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post

Asians, same deal.

Africans too.

Do you agree or not?
nope. where there is white people they praise white people. where there is black people they praise black people.

Also what religion are most black people in America? so they are in. In fact by percentages, they may get more in the gates.

Old 06-06-2015, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Historically, It is and has been a WHITE religion--at the very least a religion of racial privilege. Used so many times to keep the savages in line and justify OPPRESSION.
That's a slightly negative way of looking at it. I see is as more of having to deal with "trials" in this life. But the reward is that the suffering we endure now will produce a new character that will enrich our souls. Then we will be rewarded after we die by being around more people who share our values and character because we have pleased God. And God wishes to make us happy as a reward.

Old 06-06-2015, 07:12 AM

But in reality it's not just for one race. I have SO many friends who are Latino and even other different cultures who attend my church. They are understanding the ways of God by being around us. They dress and act the same, they don't try to be different or make a statement about being different. They work in the same type of jobs and try to get along in a loving way. Their children play with our children. You don't even notice things like skin color at our church because everyone seems the same. One body and one spirit.

Old 06-06-2015, 07:19 AM

176 posts, read 189,774 times
God loves all of us the same, no matter what race, age, nationality, gender, or religious interpretation of life we believe in.

Old 06-06-2015, 09:27 AM

8,274 posts, read 8,666,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
First of all, no one is born a Christian. A Christian is someone who has personally believed that Jesus died for their sins and rose again and therefore has trusted in Him alone for eternal life. Secondly, there are people of all races and nationalities who have believed on Christ and are therefore saved. And that includes many thousands of Jews who have believed on Christ.
So the Muslims, Hindu, Jews, etc, that do not believe in Christ or ever had the opportunity to learn about him are condemned?

Old 06-06-2015, 10:17 AM

176 posts, read 189,774 times
^ No. God is so far above our limited interpretations of life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity