Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 11:23 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,617,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Do you think the ISIL thugs will allow the women to be educated?
Do you believe in the education of women? You seem to use ISIL as a road block. Some excuse for never educating women.

I think change happens when women are educated. Do you allow women in your realm to be educated?

When women need permission from anyone that needs addressing. Education will do just that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2015, 11:25 AM

18,499 posts, read 9,164,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Did I call women and children ISIL? Did I call them ISIL thugs?

The education of women in a culture of oppression is the first step to change. It may take ten years, but those women will teach their children and their children will also go to school.

Do you believe in the education of women?
I think you missed Vizio's point. The problem right now is control of that territory by ISIL. ISIL isn't exactly making education* a top priority in their regime.

*other than how to be a thug

Old 07-28-2015, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Do you believe in the education of women? You seem to use ISIL as a road block. Some excuse for never educating women.

I think change happens when women are educated. Do you allow women in your realm to be educated?

When women need permission from anyone that needs addressing. Education will do just that.
Lol...I don't think Vizio has much of a say in whether or not women are educated in ISIL controlled areas. You'll have to discuss your proposition with the leaders of ISIL.

Old 07-28-2015, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
I think you missed Vizio's point. The problem right now is control of that territory by ISIL. ISIL isn't exactly making education* a top priority in their regime.

*other than how to be a thug
They have no infrastructure. There is no difference between extremist view on women regardless of religious lifestyle.

I did not miss the point. When you empower women things change.

Old 07-28-2015, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Lol...I don't think Vizio has much of a say in whether or not women are educated in ISIL controlled areas. You'll have to discuss your proposition with the leaders of ISIL.
If you do not believe in education for women, including higher education. That attitude is nothing more than Isil on another continent.

Old 07-28-2015, 11:32 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,195,902 times
Quote:
Do you believe in the education of women?
No. My daughters aren't allowed to go to school. My wife is never allowed to leave the house. (sarcasm).

Really? Why would I possibly be against educating women?
Quote:

You seem to use ISIL as a road block. Some excuse for never educating women.
They control the country. No matter how much we want to educate women, if the men there don't allow it, it's not going to happen.
Quote:

Again...is that a serious question? In all 3 colleges I've gone to there were women. I had women professors. I worked for women in previous jobs. In my last position before entering the ministry, my boss's boss was a woman, as well as her boss.

Old 07-28-2015, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
No. My daughters aren't allowed to go to school. My wife is never allowed to leave the house. (sarcasm).

Really? Why would I possibly be against educating women?

They control the country. No matter how much we want to educate women, if the men there don't allow it, it's not going to happen.

Again...is that a serious question? In all 3 colleges I've gone to there were women. I had women professors. I worked for women in previous jobs. In my last position before entering the ministry, my boss's boss was a woman, as well as her boss.
Nice deflect. You are answering questions I did not ask.

You spoke about other women. Not the women in your realm. You speak about your colleges. Your jobs. Your professors.

Old 07-28-2015, 11:51 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,195,902 times
Quote:
Nice deflect. You are answering questions I did not ask.

You spoke about other women. Not the women in your realm. You speak about your colleges. Your jobs. Your professors.
Why would I NOT want women to be educated? I'm sorry, but that's just a dumb question. Of course I do.

Old 07-28-2015, 11:53 AM

Quote:
If you do not believe in education for women, including higher education. That attitude is nothing more than Isil on another continent.
Wait, are you suggesting that I oppose education (including higher education) for women? If so, why do you think that? Where did I indicate opposition to women's education?

I was simply suggesting that the ISIL folks probably wouldn't make it a priority.

Old 07-28-2015, 11:57 AM

10,060 posts, read 12,813,278 times
How can anyone read the article I linked and come up with the idea that "education for women" is the primary solution? The solution is to protect the Christians and come up with some form of political stablility where people don't get kidnapped or killed for their religious beliefs. Then they can worry about education.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity