Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2015, 07:28 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,813,054 times

Advertisements

ל הִנֵּה יָמִים בָּאִים, נְאֻם-יְהוָה; וְכָרַתִּי, אֶת-בֵּית יִשְׂרָאֵל וְאֶת-בֵּית יְהוּדָה--בְּרִית חֲדָשָׁה. 30 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah; לא לֹא כַבְּרִית, אֲשֶׁר כָּרַתִּי אֶת-אֲבוֹתָם, בְּיוֹם הֶחֱזִיקִי בְיָדָם, לְהוֹצִיאָם מֵאֶרֶץ מִצְרָיִם: אֲשֶׁר-הֵמָּה הֵפֵרוּ אֶת-בְּרִיתִי, וְאָנֹכִי בָּעַלְתִּי בָם--נְאֻם-יְהוָה. 31 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; forasmuch as they broke My covenant, although I was a lord over them, saith the LORD. לב כִּי זֹאת הַבְּרִית אֲשֶׁר אֶכְרֹת אֶת-בֵּית יִשְׂרָאֵל אַחֲרֵי הַיָּמִים הָהֵם, נְאֻם-יְהוָה, נָתַתִּי אֶת-תּוֹרָתִי בְּקִרְבָּם, וְעַל-לִבָּם אֶכְתְּבֶנָּה; וְהָיִיתִי לָהֶם לֵאלֹהִים, וְהֵמָּה יִהְיוּ-לִי לְעָם. 32 But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the LORD, I will put My law in their inward parts, and in their heart will I write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people; לג וְלֹא יְלַמְּדוּ עוֹד, אִישׁ אֶת-רֵעֵהוּ וְאִישׁ אֶת-אָחִיו לֵאמֹר, דְּעוּ, אֶת-יְהוָה: כִּי-כוּלָּם יֵדְעוּ אוֹתִי לְמִקְּטַנָּם וְעַד-גְּדוֹלָם, נְאֻם-יְהוָה--כִּי אֶסְלַח לַעֲו*ֹנָם, וּלְחַטָּאתָם לֹא אֶזְכָּר-עוֹד. {ס} 33 and they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying: 'Know the LORD'; for they shall all know Me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD; for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin will I remember no more. {S} לד כֹּה אָמַר יְהוָה, נֹתֵן שֶׁמֶשׁ לְאוֹר יוֹמָם, חֻקֹּת יָרֵחַ וְכוֹכָבִים, לְאוֹר לָיְלָה; רֹגַע הַיָּם וַיֶּהֱמוּ גַלָּיו, יְהוָה צְבָאוֹת שְׁמוֹ. 34 Thus saith the LORD, Who giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, who stirreth up the sea, that the waves thereof roar, the LORD of hosts is His name: לה אִם-יָמֻשׁוּ הַחֻקִּים הָאֵלֶּה, מִלְּפָנַי--נְאֻם-יְהוָה; גַּם זֶרַע יִשְׂרָאֵל יִשְׁבְּתוּ, מִהְיוֹת גּוֹי לְפָנַי--כָּל-הַיָּמִים. {ס} 35 If these ordinances depart from before Me, saith the LORD, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before Me for ever. {S} לו כֹּה אָמַר יְהוָה, אִם-יִמַּדּוּ שָׁמַיִם מִלְמַעְלָה, וְיֵחָקְרוּ מוֹסְדֵי-אֶרֶץ, לְמָטָּה: גַּם-אֲנִי אֶמְאַס בְּכָל-זֶרַע יִשְׂרָאֵל, עַל-כָּל-אֲשֶׁר עָשׂוּ--נְאֻם-יְהוָה. {ס} 36 Thus saith the LORD: If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, then will I also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, saith the LORD. {S} לז הִנֵּה יָמִים (בָּאִים), נְאֻם-יְהוָה; וְנִבְנְתָה הָעִיר לַיהוָה, מִמִּגְדַּל חֲנַנְאֵל שַׁעַר הַפִּנָּה. 37 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that the city shall be built to the LORD from the tower of Hananel unto the gate of the corner. לח וְיָצָא עוֹד קוה (קָו) הַמִּדָּה, נֶגְדּוֹ, עַל, גִּבְעַת גָּרֵב; וְנָסַב, גֹּעָתָה. 38 And the measuring line shall yet go out straight forward unto the hill Gareb, and shall turn about unto Goah. לט וְכָל-הָעֵמֶק הַפְּגָרִים וְהַדֶּשֶׁן וְכָל-השרמות (הַשְּׁדֵמוֹת) עַד-נַחַל קִדְרוֹן עַד-פִּנַּת שַׁעַר הַסּוּסִים, מִזְרָחָה--קֹדֶשׁ, לַיהוָה: לֹא-יִנָּתֵשׁ וְלֹא-יֵהָרֵס עוֹד, לְעוֹלָם. {פ} 39 And the whole valley of the dead bodies, and of the ashes, and all the fields unto the brook Kidron, unto the corner of the horse gate toward the east, shall be holy unto the LORD; it shall not be plucked up, nor thrown down any more for ever.

Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

Jeremiah Chapter 29 יִרְמְיָהוּ

א וְאֵלֶּה דִּבְרֵי הַסֵּפֶר, אֲשֶׁר שָׁלַח יִרְמְיָה הַנָּבִיא מִירוּשָׁלִָם--אֶל-יֶתֶר זִקְנֵי הַגּוֹלָה, וְאֶל-הַכֹּהֲנִים וְאֶל-הַנְּבִיאִים וְאֶל-כָּל-הָעָם, אֲשֶׁר הֶגְלָה נְבוּכַדְנֶאצַּר מִירוּשָׁלִַם, בָּבֶלָה. 1 Now these are the words of the letter that Jeremiah the prophet sent from Jerusalem unto the residue of the elders of the captivity, and to the priests, and to the prophets, and to all the people, whom Nebuchadnezzar had carried away captive from Jerusalem to Babylon, ב אַחֲרֵי צֵאת יְכָנְיָה-הַמֶּלֶךְ וְהַגְּבִירָה וְהַסָּרִיסִים שָׂרֵי יְהוּדָה וִירוּשָׁלִַם, וְהֶחָרָשׁ וְהַמַּסְגֵּר--מִירוּשָׁלִָם. 2 after that Jeconiah the king, and the queen-mother, and the officers, and the princes of Judah and Jerusalem, and the craftsmen, and the smiths, were departed from Jerusalem; ג בְּיַד אֶלְעָשָׂה בֶן-שָׁפָן, וּגְמַרְיָה בֶּן-חִלְקִיָּה: אֲשֶׁר שָׁלַח צִדְקִיָּה מֶלֶךְ-יְהוּדָה, אֶל-נְבוּכַדְנֶאצַּר מֶלֶךְ בָּבֶל--בָּבֶלָה לֵאמֹר. 3 by the hand of Elasah the son of Shaphan, and Gemariah the son of Hilkiah, whom Zedekiah king of Judah sent unto Babylon to Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon, saying: ד כֹּה אָמַר יְהוָה צְבָאוֹת, אֱלֹהֵי יִשְׂרָאֵל: לְכָל-הַגּוֹלָה--אֲשֶׁר-הִגְלֵיתִי מִירוּשָׁלִַם, בָּבֶלָה. 4 Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, unto all the captivity, whom I have caused to be carried away captive from Jerusalem unto Babylon: ה בְּנוּ בָתִּים, וְשֵׁבוּ; וְנִטְעוּ גַנּוֹת, וְאִכְלוּ אֶת-פִּרְיָן. 5 Build ye houses, and dwell in them, and plant gardens, and eat the fruit of them; ו קְחוּ נָשִׁים, וְהוֹלִידוּ בָּנִים וּבָנוֹת, וּקְחוּ לִבְנֵיכֶם נָשִׁים וְאֶת-בְּנוֹתֵיכֶם תְּנוּ לַאֲנָשִׁים, וְתֵלַדְנָה בָּנִים וּבָנוֹת; וּרְבוּ-שָׁם, וְאַל-תִּמְעָטוּ. 6 take ye wives, and beget sons and daughters; and take wives for your sons, and give your daughters to husbands, that they may bear sons and daughters; and multiply ye there, and be not diminished. ז וְדִרְשׁוּ אֶת-שְׁלוֹם הָעִיר, אֲשֶׁר הִגְלֵיתִי אֶתְכֶם שָׁמָּה, וְהִתְפַּלְלוּ בַעֲדָהּ, אֶל-יְהוָה: כִּי בִשְׁלוֹמָהּ, יִהְיֶה לָכֶם שָׁלוֹם. 7 And seek the peace of the city whither I have caused you to be carried away captive, and pray unto the LORD for it; for in the peace thereof shall ye have peace. ח כִּי כֹה אָמַר יְהוָה צְבָאוֹת, אֱלֹהֵי יִשְׂרָאֵל, אַל-יַשִּׁיאוּ לָכֶם נְבִיאֵיכֶם אֲשֶׁר-בְּקִרְבְּכֶם, וְקֹסְמֵיכֶם; וְאַל-תִּשְׁמְעוּ, אֶל-חֲלֹמֹתֵיכֶם, אֲשֶׁר אַתֶּם, מַחְלְמִים. 8 For thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel: Let not your prophets that are in the midst of you, and your diviners, beguile you, neither hearken ye to your dreams which ye cause to be dreamed. ט כִּי בְשֶׁקֶר, הֵם נִבְּאִים לָכֶם בִּשְׁמִי: לֹא שְׁלַחְתִּים, נְאֻם-יְהוָה. {ס} 9 For they prophesy falsely unto you in My name; I have not sent them, saith the LORD. {S} י כִּי-כֹה, אָמַר יְהוָה, כִּי לְפִי מְלֹאת לְבָבֶל שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה, אֶפְקֹד אֶתְכֶם; וַהֲקִמֹתִי עֲלֵיכֶם, אֶת-דְּבָרִי הַטּוֹב, לְהָשִׁיב אֶתְכֶם, אֶל-הַמָּקוֹם הַזֶּה. 10 For thus saith the LORD: After seventy years are accomplished for Babylon, I will remember you, and perform My good word toward you, in causing you to return to this place. יא כִּי אָנֹכִי יָדַעְתִּי אֶת-הַמַּחֲשָׁבֹת, אֲשֶׁר אָנֹכִי חֹשֵׁב עֲלֵיכֶם--נְאֻם-יְהוָה: מַחְשְׁבוֹת שָׁלוֹם וְלֹא לְרָעָה, לָתֵת לָכֶם אַחֲרִית וְתִקְוָה. 11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. יב וּקְרָאתֶם אֹתִי וַהֲלַכְתֶּם, וְהִתְפַּלַּלְתֶּם אֵלָי; וְשָׁמַעְתִּי, אֲלֵיכֶם. 12 And ye shall call upon Me, and go, and pray unto Me, and I will hearken unto you. יג וּבִקַּשְׁתֶּם אֹתִי, וּמְצָאתֶם: כִּי תִדְרְשֻׁנִי, בְּכָל-לְבַבְכֶם. 13 And ye shall seek Me, and find Me, when ye shall search for Me with all your heart.

1. Passover
  2. Unleavened Bread
  3. Firstfruits
  4. Shavuot
  5. Yom Teruah
  6. Yom Kippurim
  7. Sukkot
The Parables

1. The Sower (Matthew 13:1–9)
  2. The Tares (13:24–30)
  3. The Mustard Seed (13:31–32)
  4. The Leaven (13:33)
  5. The Hidden Treasure (13:44)
  6. The Pearl of Great Price (13:45–46)
  7. The Drag-net (13:47–50).

The Churches

1. Ephesus
  2. Smyrna
  3. Pergamos
  4. Thyatira
  5. Sardis
  6. Philadelphia
  7. Laodicea

Last edited by pinacled; 08-18-2015 at 07:39 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2015, 08:20 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,056,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The bold reveals why you were looking for the wrong one. The barbaric idea of sacrifices to God for ANY reason is too savage to contemplate in this day and age . . . yet you would see it re-established.
That is YOUR assumption...I just told you WHAT was expected...But, honestly, is that ALL you can't point to and say, "Aha!"?...And how do you know it is the wrong one?...How do you know that you haven't found the wrong one?...

Old 08-18-2015, 08:22 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,056,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
ל הִנֵּה יָמִים בָּאִים, נְאֻם-יְהוָה; וְכָרַתִּי, אֶת-בֵּית יִשְׂרָאֵל וְאֶת-בֵּית יְהוּדָה--בְּרִית חֲדָשָׁה. 30 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah; לא לֹא כַבְּרִית, אֲשֶׁר כָּרַתִּי אֶת-אֲבוֹתָם, בְּיוֹם הֶחֱזִיקִי בְיָדָם, לְהוֹצִיאָם מֵאֶרֶץ מִצְרָיִם: אֲשֶׁר-הֵמָּה הֵפֵרוּ אֶת-בְּרִיתִי, וְאָנֹכִי בָּעַלְתִּי בָם--נְאֻם-יְהוָה. 31 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; forasmuch as they broke My covenant, although I was a lord over them, saith the LORD. לב כִּי זֹאת הַבְּרִית אֲשֶׁר אֶכְרֹת אֶת-בֵּית יִשְׂרָאֵל אַחֲרֵי הַיָּמִים הָהֵם, נְאֻם-יְהוָה, נָתַתִּי אֶת-תּוֹרָתִי בְּקִרְבָּם, וְעַל-לִבָּם אֶכְתְּבֶנָּה; וְהָיִיתִי לָהֶם לֵאלֹהִים, וְהֵמָּה יִהְיוּ-לִי לְעָם. 32 But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the LORD, I will put My law in their inward parts, and in their heart will I write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people; לג וְלֹא יְלַמְּדוּ עוֹד, אִישׁ אֶת-רֵעֵהוּ וְאִישׁ אֶת-אָחִיו לֵאמֹר, דְּעוּ, אֶת-יְהוָה: כִּי-כוּלָּם יֵדְעוּ אוֹתִי לְמִקְּטַנָּם וְעַד-גְּדוֹלָם, נְאֻם-יְהוָה--כִּי אֶסְלַח לַעֲו*ֹנָם, וּלְחַטָּאתָם לֹא אֶזְכָּר-עוֹד. {ס} 33 and they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying: 'Know the LORD'; for they shall all know Me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD; for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin will I remember no more. {S} לד כֹּה אָמַר יְהוָה, נֹתֵן שֶׁמֶשׁ לְאוֹר יוֹמָם, חֻקֹּת יָרֵחַ וְכוֹכָבִים, לְאוֹר לָיְלָה; רֹגַע הַיָּם וַיֶּהֱמוּ גַלָּיו, יְהוָה צְבָאוֹת שְׁמוֹ. 34 Thus saith the LORD, Who giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, who stirreth up the sea, that the waves thereof roar, the LORD of hosts is His name: לה אִם-יָמֻשׁוּ הַחֻקִּים הָאֵלֶּה, מִלְּפָנַי--נְאֻם-יְהוָה; גַּם זֶרַע יִשְׂרָאֵל יִשְׁבְּתוּ, מִהְיוֹת גּוֹי לְפָנַי--כָּל-הַיָּמִים. {ס} 35 If these ordinances depart from before Me, saith the LORD, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before Me for ever. {S} לו כֹּה אָמַר יְהוָה, אִם-יִמַּדּוּ שָׁמַיִם מִלְמַעְלָה, וְיֵחָקְרוּ מוֹסְדֵי-אֶרֶץ, לְמָטָּה: גַּם-אֲנִי אֶמְאַס בְּכָל-זֶרַע יִשְׂרָאֵל, עַל-כָּל-אֲשֶׁר עָשׂוּ--נְאֻם-יְהוָה. {ס} 36 Thus saith the LORD: If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, then will I also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, saith the LORD. {S} לז הִנֵּה יָמִים (בָּאִים), נְאֻם-יְהוָה; וְנִבְנְתָה הָעִיר לַיהוָה, מִמִּגְדַּל חֲנַנְאֵל שַׁעַר הַפִּנָּה. 37 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that the city shall be built to the LORD from the tower of Hananel unto the gate of the corner. לח וְיָצָא עוֹד קוה (קָו) הַמִּדָּה, נֶגְדּוֹ, עַל, גִּבְעַת גָּרֵב; וְנָסַב, גֹּעָתָה. 38 And the measuring line shall yet go out straight forward unto the hill Gareb, and shall turn about unto Goah. לט וְכָל-הָעֵמֶק הַפְּגָרִים וְהַדֶּשֶׁן וְכָל-השרמות (הַשְּׁדֵמוֹת) עַד-נַחַל קִדְרוֹן עַד-פִּנַּת שַׁעַר הַסּוּסִים, מִזְרָחָה--קֹדֶשׁ, לַיהוָה: לֹא-יִנָּתֵשׁ וְלֹא-יֵהָרֵס עוֹד, לְעוֹלָם. {פ} 39 And the whole valley of the dead bodies, and of the ashes, and all the fields unto the brook Kidron, unto the corner of the horse gate toward the east, shall be holy unto the LORD; it shall not be plucked up, nor thrown down any more for ever.

Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

Jeremiah Chapter 29 יִרְמְיָהוּ

א וְאֵלֶּה דִּבְרֵי הַסֵּפֶר, אֲשֶׁר שָׁלַח יִרְמְיָה הַנָּבִיא מִירוּשָׁלִָם--אֶל-יֶתֶר זִקְנֵי הַגּוֹלָה, וְאֶל-הַכֹּהֲנִים וְאֶל-הַנְּבִיאִים וְאֶל-כָּל-הָעָם, אֲשֶׁר הֶגְלָה נְבוּכַדְנֶאצַּר מִירוּשָׁלִַם, בָּבֶלָה. 1 Now these are the words of the letter that Jeremiah the prophet sent from Jerusalem unto the residue of the elders of the captivity, and to the priests, and to the prophets, and to all the people, whom Nebuchadnezzar had carried away captive from Jerusalem to Babylon, ב אַחֲרֵי צֵאת יְכָנְיָה-הַמֶּלֶךְ וְהַגְּבִירָה וְהַסָּרִיסִים שָׂרֵי יְהוּדָה וִירוּשָׁלִַם, וְהֶחָרָשׁ וְהַמַּסְגֵּר--מִירוּשָׁלִָם. 2 after that Jeconiah the king, and the queen-mother, and the officers, and the princes of Judah and Jerusalem, and the craftsmen, and the smiths, were departed from Jerusalem; ג בְּיַד אֶלְעָשָׂה בֶן-שָׁפָן, וּגְמַרְיָה בֶּן-חִלְקִיָּה: אֲשֶׁר שָׁלַח צִדְקִיָּה מֶלֶךְ-יְהוּדָה, אֶל-נְבוּכַדְנֶאצַּר מֶלֶךְ בָּבֶל--בָּבֶלָה לֵאמֹר. 3 by the hand of Elasah the son of Shaphan, and Gemariah the son of Hilkiah, whom Zedekiah king of Judah sent unto Babylon to Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon, saying: ד כֹּה אָמַר יְהוָה צְבָאוֹת, אֱלֹהֵי יִשְׂרָאֵל: לְכָל-הַגּוֹלָה--אֲשֶׁר-הִגְלֵיתִי מִירוּשָׁלִַם, בָּבֶלָה. 4 Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, unto all the captivity, whom I have caused to be carried away captive from Jerusalem unto Babylon: ה בְּנוּ בָתִּים, וְשֵׁבוּ; וְנִטְעוּ גַנּוֹת, וְאִכְלוּ אֶת-פִּרְיָן. 5 Build ye houses, and dwell in them, and plant gardens, and eat the fruit of them; ו קְחוּ נָשִׁים, וְהוֹלִידוּ בָּנִים וּבָנוֹת, וּקְחוּ לִבְנֵיכֶם נָשִׁים וְאֶת-בְּנוֹתֵיכֶם תְּנוּ לַאֲנָשִׁים, וְתֵלַדְנָה בָּנִים וּבָנוֹת; וּרְבוּ-שָׁם, וְאַל-תִּמְעָטוּ. 6 take ye wives, and beget sons and daughters; and take wives for your sons, and give your daughters to husbands, that they may bear sons and daughters; and multiply ye there, and be not diminished. ז וְדִרְשׁוּ אֶת-שְׁלוֹם הָעִיר, אֲשֶׁר הִגְלֵיתִי אֶתְכֶם שָׁמָּה, וְהִתְפַּלְלוּ בַעֲדָהּ, אֶל-יְהוָה: כִּי בִשְׁלוֹמָהּ, יִהְיֶה לָכֶם שָׁלוֹם. 7 And seek the peace of the city whither I have caused you to be carried away captive, and pray unto the LORD for it; for in the peace thereof shall ye have peace. ח כִּי כֹה אָמַר יְהוָה צְבָאוֹת, אֱלֹהֵי יִשְׂרָאֵל, אַל-יַשִּׁיאוּ לָכֶם נְבִיאֵיכֶם אֲשֶׁר-בְּקִרְבְּכֶם, וְקֹסְמֵיכֶם; וְאַל-תִּשְׁמְעוּ, אֶל-חֲלֹמֹתֵיכֶם, אֲשֶׁר אַתֶּם, מַחְלְמִים. 8 For thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel: Let not your prophets that are in the midst of you, and your diviners, beguile you, neither hearken ye to your dreams which ye cause to be dreamed. ט כִּי בְשֶׁקֶר, הֵם נִבְּאִים לָכֶם בִּשְׁמִי: לֹא שְׁלַחְתִּים, נְאֻם-יְהוָה. {ס} 9 For they prophesy falsely unto you in My name; I have not sent them, saith the LORD. {S} י כִּי-כֹה, אָמַר יְהוָה, כִּי לְפִי מְלֹאת לְבָבֶל שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה, אֶפְקֹד אֶתְכֶם; וַהֲקִמֹתִי עֲלֵיכֶם, אֶת-דְּבָרִי הַטּוֹב, לְהָשִׁיב אֶתְכֶם, אֶל-הַמָּקוֹם הַזֶּה. 10 For thus saith the LORD: After seventy years are accomplished for Babylon, I will remember you, and perform My good word toward you, in causing you to return to this place. יא כִּי אָנֹכִי יָדַעְתִּי אֶת-הַמַּחֲשָׁבֹת, אֲשֶׁר אָנֹכִי חֹשֵׁב עֲלֵיכֶם--נְאֻם-יְהוָה: מַחְשְׁבוֹת שָׁלוֹם וְלֹא לְרָעָה, לָתֵת לָכֶם אַחֲרִית וְתִקְוָה. 11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. יב וּקְרָאתֶם אֹתִי וַהֲלַכְתֶּם, וְהִתְפַּלַּלְתֶּם אֵלָי; וְשָׁמַעְתִּי, אֲלֵיכֶם. 12 And ye shall call upon Me, and go, and pray unto Me, and I will hearken unto you. יג וּבִקַּשְׁתֶּם אֹתִי, וּמְצָאתֶם: כִּי תִדְרְשֻׁנִי, בְּכָל-לְבַבְכֶם. 13 And ye shall seek Me, and find Me, when ye shall search for Me with all your heart.

1. Passover
  2. Unleavened Bread
  3. Firstfruits
  4. Shavuot
  5. Yom Teruah
  6. Yom Kippurim
  7. Sukkot
The Parables

1. The Sower (Matthew 13:1–9)
  2. The Tares (13:24–30)
  3. The Mustard Seed (13:31–32)
  4. The Leaven (13:33)
  5. The Hidden Treasure (13:44)
  6. The Pearl of Great Price (13:45–46)
  7. The Drag-net (13:47–50).

The Churches

1. Ephesus
  2. Smyrna
  3. Pergamos
  4. Thyatira
  5. Sardis
  6. Philadelphia
  7. Laodicea
You should do a little cleaning up before you post...That is a little messy and hard to read...If you are trying to make a point, don't do it ala TonyTonTony....

Old 08-18-2015, 08:42 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,381,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I will cause those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but lie... I will make them come and bow down at your feet... and acknowledge that I have loved you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Your point?...
Think about it, there is no one that is not loved.

Old 08-18-2015, 09:08 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,203,663 times
Quote:
I can understand having such feelings about the posts of some on here . . . but why do you attach your animus to the posters??? Are we as people not separable from our opinions? Are you so enamored with your opinions and beliefs that you cannot stand any who differ from you?
That what happens when someone believes their fellow human* beings are tools of the devil doing the devil's work. That belief does not lead to charitable or loving thoughts about people.

*Usually someone who disagrees with them.

Old 08-18-2015, 10:05 PM

63,849 posts, read 40,142,148 times
Quote:
The bold reveals why you were looking for the wrong one. The barbaric idea of sacrifices to God for ANY reason is too savage to contemplate in this day and age . . . yet you would see it re-established.
Quote:
That is YOUR assumption...I just told you WHAT was expected...But, honestly, is that ALL you can't point to and say, "Aha!"?...And how do you know it is the wrong one?...How do you know that you haven't found the wrong one?...
It should be obvious to any decent human being in this day and age that killing and sacrificing innocent animals (or people) to appease a God is just an egregiously savage and barbaric practice that could in no way have anything to do with the God of all life. The one I encounter is complete love and acceptance . . . so I cannot even imagine a God who is other than as demonstrated unambiguously by Jesus the Christ in the Christian narrative. That is how I know. All the Judaic OT barbarism and ignorance about God can not possibly be true. All that is evil and detestable about human nature is reflected in those beliefs and the concept of worship is absurd. If God jealously demands worship and has those megalomaniacal human weaknesses . . . life would be valueless and pointless in the extreme.

Old 08-19-2015, 02:45 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,932,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
Herod had some of his goons on the Sanhedrin.
I don't think we know how many were not Jewish, but
it's probably close to half. or even more.

anyway, I shouldn't be posting here anymore, and from the likes
of what I've read, those who believe in the equality of truths and
opinions seem to like that.
My thread was an effort to stay away from the constant bickering,
and fallacious opinions of others.
It is only out of posting ethical boundaries that I cannot say
what I truly think concerning some of the posters in this place.
When you can't get your doctrines to fly, just run.....'bye

Old 08-19-2015, 05:20 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,922,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
Herod had some of his goons on the Sanhedrin.
I don't think we know how many were not Jewish, but
it's probably close to half. or even more.

anyway, I shouldn't be posting here anymore, and from the likes
of what I've read, those who believe in the equality of truths and
opinions seem to like that.
My thread was an effort to stay away from the constant bickering,
and fallacious opinions of others.
It is only out of posting ethical boundaries that I cannot say
what I truly think concerning some of the posters in this place.

Look at what Paul had to go through standing up for Jesus, out of a loving heart he endured many trials--starvation, getting arrested, thrown overboard, etc-- out oflove for fellow man, one keeps on enduring tribulations. Having words thrown at you is nothing in comparison to physical damage--the true followers back then were all killed standing up for Jesus. Jesus set the example for us--all the way to death if need be--words are nothing.
Who wouldnt want Jesus as their king after proving to all his love by going all the way to death for us. Do not we owe him the same if need be? The days are coming at the end of the tribulation when that is exactly what true followers will be facing--if one folds under words how can they stand facing hatred, anger and death? Be strong snowball7.

Old 08-19-2015, 09:56 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,381,688 times

Old 08-19-2015, 10:31 PM

125 posts, read 87,184 times
Quote:
Who wants to hear Bruce argue anything?...Let's hear your arguments...
Quote:
If you want to authenticate the gospels, you must address these historical facts.
You made a claim from which I assume that you are referring to unnamed 'authorities' whom you have read as research. I could have made generic broad brush conclusions from my 'research' as you but I posted one of my 'authorities' for anyone to read for themselves to discover if their questions from their research may be answered. Have you falsified it in your research?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity