Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2015, 11:20 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,808,992 times

Advertisements

3 Through wisdom is a house builded; and by understanding it is established;
4 And by knowledge are the chambers filled with all precious and pleasant riches.
5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2015, 12:55 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
With our first conversation I asked her a sincere question. To which she replied in Kind. The answer she gave revealed the integrity of her Heart and the conviction of someone who is seeking Truth.
And she is the only one who has ever come close to fully answering this question:

"How exactly does it happen that normal human beings, all endowed with that of a conscience, having an awareness of individual responsibility for their judgments and choices, manage to justify in their own eyes the most inhuman atrocities and acts of self-righteousness without running into intolerable cognitive dissonance within their own supreme values?"

If, I remember correctly?

Old 08-22-2015, 01:09 AM

8,177 posts, read 6,928,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
The post shows a lack of wisdom and the knowledge of the Lord.

If one wishes to see the kingdom of God one must be born from above, of spirit and water.

No one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born from above. No one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and spirit. Flesh makes flesh, spirit makes spirit. Everyone must be born from above to enter the kingdom of God.

Not everyone who cries Lord Lord shall enter the kingdom of heaven but only those who do the will of my heavenly Father.

The righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father.
I beg to differ.

A person who has wisdom does not disregard another person's honest explanation of their unique perspective.

Old 08-22-2015, 01:46 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,923,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
I beg to differ.

A person who has wisdom does not disregard another person's honest explanation of their unique perspective.
If she had been talking about what Peacegiver was, he might have had a point, but she wasn't.

Old 08-22-2015, 02:57 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
The post shows a lack of wisdom and the knowledge of the Lord.

If one wishes to see the kingdom of God one must be born from above, of spirit and water.

No one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born from above. No one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and spirit. Flesh makes flesh, spirit makes spirit. Everyone must be born from above to enter the kingdom of God.

Not everyone who cries Lord Lord shall enter the kingdom of heaven but only those who do the will of my heavenly Father.

The righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father.
I sincerely believe that shortsightedness will be the ultimate demise of the human race.

Not everyone who claims to "speak" for god-in-the-tiny-box makes sense.

Old 08-22-2015, 03:51 AM

9,690 posts, read 10,020,758 times
The OP sound bitter and hopeless ..... Just like to ask if people who are critics of Jesus actually sought out the true God with repentance and faith never giving up seeking Jesus ..............or is it just a demonic message through people of hopelessness

Old 08-22-2015, 04:14 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
I congratulate you on your responses. When Shirina first began to post I saw that we had a fine thinker with an ability to see and cut to the essentials of the matter - and a devastating writing -style to drive it home. That you -all (apart from a few kneejerk denialists) see and respect this (even if you don't agree with her) increases your reputations so far as I am concerned...let's see what I can do about that...

Old 08-22-2015, 04:22 AM

8,177 posts, read 6,928,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
The OP sound bitter and hopeless ..... Just like to ask if people who are critics of Jesus actually sought out the true God with repentance and faith never giving up seeking Jesus ..............or is it just a demonic message through people of hopelessness

I have a feeling that Shirina will be one of the ones who discovers much truth on her path in life.
She thinks.
and thinks.
and thinks.

She tears things all apart and looks at all of the little pieces.
That is what a truthseeker does.

Old 08-22-2015, 06:08 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
Quote:
I have a feeling that Shirina will be one of the ones who discovers much truth on her path in life.
She thinks.
and thinks.
and thinks.

She tears things all apart and looks at all of the little pieces.
That is what a truthseeker does.
"He that breaks a thing to see what it is has left the path of wisdom."

One of Gandalf's less wise sayings. The white light can be broken into colours. This happens in nature, with a rainbow. But, when Saruman does it, that's unnatural, oh yes. Taking facts apart to see what they are is much better than taking them at face value - never mind someone else's face value.

Old 08-22-2015, 09:47 AM

4,217 posts, read 2,786,324 times
Quote:
I beg to differ.

Within my post is the definition of wisdom. Wisdom to the righteous is knowing God and keeping His commandments.

Psalm 111:10 NRS

10 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; all those who practice it have a good understanding. His praise endures forever.

Psalm 37:30 NRS

30 The mouths of the righteous utter wisdom, and their tongues speak justice.

Proverbs 1-12

My child, if you accept my words and treasure up my commandments within you,
making your ear attentive to wisdom and inclining your heart to understanding;
if you indeed cry out for insight, and raise your voice for understanding;
if you seek it like silver, and search for it as for hidden treasures—
then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God.
For the Lord gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding;
he stores up sound wisdom for the upright; he is a shield to those who walk blamelessly,
guarding the paths of justice and preserving the way of his faithful ones.
Then you will understand righteousness and justice and equity, every good path;
for wisdom will come into your heart, and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul;
prudence will watch over you; and understanding will guard you.
It will save you from the way of evil, from those who speak perversely,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity