Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2015, 05:01 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,181,746 times

Advertisements

The fact that you're denying the blood of Jesus as your covering for righteousness fulfills scripture - both old and new testaments.

Congratulations, you're famous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2015, 05:16 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
The fact that you're denying the blood of Jesus as your covering for righteousness fulfills scripture - both old and new testaments.

Congratulations, you're famous.
Show me this in your OT...

Old 10-08-2015, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Show me this in your OT...
Isaiah prophesied that He would lay in Zion a stone of stumbling (Isaiah 28:16)- and that is the Christ of whom we testify.

The veil that seperated your high priests was torn from the top (only God can reach 40 feet high) and removed it. While a bell had to be worn by Aaron so he wouldn't displease the Lord (Exodus 28:35), we have no such need that our high priest (Christ) will ever be turned away.

Even after the law was given, God told the people to make an altar of uncut stones (Exodus 20:25) because He did not want their input - salvation belongs to the Lord.

Address what I'm saying here - don't just blow it off.

Old 10-11-2015, 10:47 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,808,992 times
Quote:
Thanks Nate (handshake) and without further adieu...

There were two people during Jesus' ministry who Christ commended for having great faith - the Canaanite women and the centurion soldier - now, it's plain as day what they had in common:

Neither were Jews - and what does that mean? Neither were under law.

A new covenant was here in the person of Jesus Christ, and the Jews (who had lived under the law of Moses for 1500 years, and were blessed and cursed by their performance) had God's salvation standing right in front of them.

Search out the Blessings promised..
Blessings

Deuteronomy 30
And the LORD thy God will circumcise thy heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.

Blessings and Curses

Old 10-13-2015, 06:02 AM

2 Cor. 3:14 is razor sharp:

Quote:
But their minds were made dull, for to this day the same veil remains
when the old covenant is read. It has not been removed,
because only in Christ is it taken away. (NIV)
Many call themselves believers, but are they really?

Old 10-13-2015, 11:14 AM

1,382 posts, read 768,497 times
Quote:
2 Cor. 3:14 is razor sharp:

Many call themselves believers, but are they really?
Dear elmer,
They "call themselves believers", and in Paul they do believe. Yet on the other hand, as for heeding the testimony of Yeshua, they have simply nailed that testimony to a cross. According to what Yeshua said in Mt 7, the believers of the "false prophets"/Paul, are on the road to "destruction", whereas those that heed Yeshua's message, are built on a firm foundation. Those believers of Paul are expecting their "rapture" which is the "taking" of the tares before the wheat. Those who follow Peter/"stumbling block" (Mt 16), and those who follow Paul, those who "commit Lawlessness", will be "gathered and burned with fire" (Mt 13:40). It is then that the good wheat is put in the barn (Mt 13:30).

Old 10-13-2015, 12:23 PM

It wasn't Paul that said "listen to My beloved Son" and not Moses or Elijah.

Old 10-13-2015, 01:29 PM

1,382 posts, read 768,497 times
Quote:
It wasn't Paul that said "listen to My beloved Son" and not Moses or Elijah.
Dear elmer,
It isn't the testimony of Paul that has been nailed to a cross, and disregarded, it is the testimony of "My beloved son". Paul's false gospel of Grace, is the antithesis of the testimony of Yeshua, and has the "many" groveling in his wake.

Old 10-13-2015, 01:52 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndpillar View Post
Dear elmer,
It isn't the testimony of Paul that has been nailed to a cross, and disregarded, it is the testimony of "My beloved son". Paul's false gospel of Grace, is the antithesis of the testimony of Yeshua, and has the "many" groveling in his wake.
How many times did Paul say, "my gospel"?...When he should have said, what?...

Old 10-13-2015, 05:48 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,808,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndpillar View Post
Dear elmer,
False Gospel of Grace..?
English is kind of a complicated Language.
The 2 coincide.
Mercy and Grace

Firstly look at the definition of Mercy.
mercy
noun mer·cy \ˈmər-sē\
: kind or forgiving treatment of someone who could be treated harshly
: kindness or help given to people who are in a very bad or desperate situation
: a good or lucky fact or situation

plural mercies
Full Definition of MERCY

a : compassion or forbearance shown especially to an offender or to one subject to one's power; also : lenient or compassionate treatment <begged for mercy>
b : imprisonment rather than death imposed as penalty for first-degree murder

a : a blessing that is an act of divine favor or compassion
b : a fortunate circumstance <it was a mercy they found her before she froze>

: compassionate treatment of those in distress <works of mercy among the poor>
mercy adjective
at the mercy of : wholly in the power of : with no way to protect oneself against

1grace

noun \ˈgrās\
: a way of moving that is smooth and attractive and that is not stiff or awkward
: a controlled, polite, and pleasant way of behaving
graces : skills that are needed for behaving in a polite way in social situations
Full Definition of GRACE
a : unmerited divine assistance given humans for their regeneration or sanctification
b : a virtue coming from God
c : a state of sanctification enjoyed through divine grace

a : approval, favor <stayed in his good graces>
b archaic : mercy, pardon

Now pay close attention..
Law-Love God with all your mind and Soul..

35For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; 36naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.' 37"Then the righteous will answer Him, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You something to drink?…

Prophets-Love your neighbor as yourself.
Isaiah 58:7
Is it not to share your food with the hungry and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter-- when you see the naked, to clothe them, and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood?

Ezekiel 18:7
He does not oppress anyone, but returns what he took in pledge for a loan. He does not commit robbery but gives his food to the hungry and provides clothing for the naked.

Iron sharpens Iron..

Last edited by pinacled; 10-13-2015 at 06:31 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity