Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2016, 10:23 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,213,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Tai chi and Falon Gong are two different things.

Tai chi is a series of low impact exercises that stress balance, stretching, and breathing. It began as a Chinese martial art. It is beneficial for chronic pain.

I have a chronic pain where I sit, possible it can help?

Old 04-02-2016, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Not at all, it was just to gauge how best to respond to you with clarity. However, looks like Hannibal picked up the slack in my absence. Peace
I realize you are late to the game, but might I suggest searching a few of my previous posts for further insight?

For if I were to try and summarize all that has been posted about me, surely there would not be enough threads to contain my words..

Old 04-02-2016, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Moderator cut: Quoted post deleted
Moderator cut: Orphaned portion of your post.

Is there ONLY one position for a man and a woman to do sex? Then is there ONLY one reason for a man and a woman to have sex--PROCREATION.

Is sex also for pleasure? What is "off-limits" where pleasure is concerned?

I would much appreciate if you can share that list god gave you as to what is and is not "natural?"

If you lost the list, perhaps I can create a few bullet points and you and (through inspired speech) tell us which acts are natural and which ones are not?

1. Woman on top---natural or not natural

2. One partner older than the other--natural or not natural

3. Oral--natural or not natural

4. A heterosexual couple tossing the salad--natural or not natural

5. S & M --- natural or not natural

Anxiously awaiting a response as my wife is coming home in a few hours and I want to be sure it is all natural...

As for men or women for that matter, talking about sex constantly, you have never really been in a men's locker room have you?? Or worked a blue collar job?? Or just hung out with actual human beings outside the confines of your institutionalized church?

Last edited by mensaguy; 04-02-2016 at 01:38 PM.. Reason: Quoted post deleted

Old 04-02-2016, 11:29 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,166,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
I'd urge you to try it. Google tai chi and the name of the city you live in to see if you can find a class. If not there are instructional videos that explain the movements. I've seen people in their 80's doing tai chi. The movements are purposefully slow and it doesn't cause a lot of wear and tear on the joints and nerves. It's very easy to learn.

Old 04-02-2016, 11:30 AM

23,141 posts, read 10,438,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrhockney View Post
I must say..That is that the most prejudiced load of Archie Bunker crap I've seen on this forum in a long time....(sings) boy the way Glenn Miller played..

Maybe so, but I thank God I had a working father who was a great example, but I wouldn't know what to do without a mother. I sincerely believe that a child is designed to have two parents as example and they learn one thing from the father and one thing from the mother. It is just as bad as children being raised by a single parent. Gays can raise a decent child and so could a single mother, but those single parent children are being robbed by the guidance of a wise father, and those children being raised by two women are the same. Then the child, depending on where they live, they are raised in mockery by other hateful children, a child being raised by a gay couple goes through a lot I am sure.

I am sure great men and great women could be raised by a gay couple, or a single parent, but the ideal situation for a child is to have a father and a mother and the child should be brought up in the teaching of the Lord and that is impossible for a child with two gay parents. They might raise a great person, nevertheless, they wont be raised with respect to the law, and that is sad to me.

It automatically takes away the ability for a parent to raise a child in the way that they should Go, that is if the person is wise enough to teach a child to respect the law and to walk in the laws and ways of God.

You just throw the propensity of that opportunity for the child out the window because how is a gay married couple going to raise a child in the law when they live against it?

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 04-02-2016 at 11:49 AM..

Old 04-02-2016, 11:40 AM

23,141 posts, read 10,438,364 times
Children are so damaged and harmed in a situation where there is no father in the house, or there is no mother in the house, it hurts and damages them at a very early age and most don't get over it, and I should know this better than anyone. I realize how bad of a father I was and I realized the justice of my daughter almost hating me most of her life. I wasn't around enough, I wasn't a good enough man to even keep my wife and I miserably failed my own children.

I think it would be silly to think that children are not extremely changed and effected by having to be raised by a gay couple where there is no father, or no mother. I believe it is very instinctive for every child to have a father and a mother and that they have special needs they obtain from both....I think there is a HUGE instinct for a child to need and love a caring mother and you see many children who will either really love women, or love men. Usually a child is picky, they will go to any man if they like men more, and some will only go to other women.

I think it has been bred in us for a great need to have a mother, and to have a father, I think every child is deserving to have a mother and a father.

If I were to say that two men are the same as a mother and a father , I would be lying.

If I were to say that two women can raise a child with the same benefits a mother and father could raise that child, I would be lying.

It simply isn't the same and I wished that every child had a mother and a father.

Old 04-02-2016, 11:50 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,352,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Quote:
I'd urge you to try it. Google tai chi and the name of the city you live in to see if you can find a class. If not there are instructional videos that explain the movements. I've seen people in their 80's doing tai chi. The movements are purposefully slow and it doesn't cause a lot of wear and tear on the joints and nerves. It's very easy to learn.
Tai Chi Qigong, Jiu-Jitsu and Hapkido are favorites of mine.

(Defensively and offensively, if necessary).

Old 04-02-2016, 12:49 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,042,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Some of us at least see the desire for those processes in our lives, but we think purification would include getting rid of prejudices based on misunderstanding the intent of scripture. Can you see the point?

Yes, I can see the point. Which is why I won't agree with the Christians that think no gay person is saved. I don't have any sacred cows, I know a lot of what mainstream believes is fairy tales, and if He shows me something and 99% of Christendom thinks differently, it matters to me NOT AT ALL, I'll stand on what He shows me. I'm not bigoted, and I'm not bound by respect of persons, either.

Truth is verified by line upon line, PRECEPT UPON PRECEPT, the tabernacle pattern, and the creation; both of the latter by which it is impossible to lie, because the first was not changed, and the latter can't be. Peace

Old 04-02-2016, 12:53 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,042,068 times
Quote:
Interesting. Do you do it, and/or do you know people it has helped? I'm 59, pushing 60 here real soon. I live in a small town, so I know there are no classes for it here. Thanks in advance....

Old 04-02-2016, 12:56 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,283,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Moderator cut: Quoted post deleted

Was it your intention here to make yourself appear to be a complete fool , or just happy coincidence ?

Last edited by mensaguy; 04-02-2016 at 01:40 PM.. Reason: Quoted post deleted
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity